IGNORED

Boing Atari 2600 complete in box for sale

Just picked this up. I will add a link to more pics soon. Any idea of value?

http://s131.photobucket.com/user/atariaction/library/?view=recent&page=1

hopefully link works. tried to make separate album but didnt work

Just discovered that game is PAL format

see this pic...

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p281/atariaction/boing/005_zps53b097c8.jpg

post-4605-0-55072400-1401144164_thumb.jpg

Edited by atariaction

Unless Boing! has had a serious uptick in value, I'd put it at +/- $215 CIB. The cart looks like the standard case, not the Xonox style case (which I personally what I prefer), so that may affect an offer (not by much). It used to show up CIB more often, and while appearances have slowed lately, there are enough in the general population that the irregularity of listings should not tremendously impact value. Also, Boing! is a rather fun game to play, so it's a rare bird in that it is a rarity that is actually enjoyable.

• Like 1

Unless Boing! has had a serious uptick in value, I'd put it at +/- $215 CIB. The cart looks like the standard case, not the Xonox style case (which I personally what I prefer), so that may affect an offer (not by much). It used to show up CIB more often, and while appearances have slowed lately, there are enough in the general population that the irregularity of listings should not tremendously impact value. Also, Boing! is a rather fun game to play, so it's a rare bird in that it is a rarity that is actually enjoyable.

I think Boing is about $100 loose, the box and manual are worth more than $115 for sure. I can't recall a CIB Boing! ever selling for only $215 but I do recall more than a couple times it went for double that though.

ok turns out this game is PAL format. that changes value but how much? i have no idea. i'm open to offers. the box has a little red circular sticker on it and it says PAL on there.

You will have to see if the PAL box is 1:1 with the NTSC one cause if so it might be worth your while to pick up a loose NTSC cart to go with the box.

My opinion, a nice NTSC Boing should be around the $300 range, condition matters a lot (+/-)

PAL deduct $100 or so for the cart and annoying sticker on the box

Yeah, gotta agree with the Hoff that $800 is not even a super inflated Ebay dream price reality, you "might" get lucky with say $400ish...but I would price that (if I was selling it) around $150 based on condition and PAL-ness

Edited by Crazy Climber

This came out of a collection I found. I figured same thing with the price and had 150-200? on it. I wanted to sell as a lot but he said he wanted it for his personal collection. I saw that ebay in which some of you question as well.

Well his ebay ad shows he sold this for $499 so he suckered someone and in my opinion that was his goal to use that other ebay ad that people state is questionable to rip someone off.

When this whole deal started he stated to me that he wanted only a few games since he sold his collection off and wanted to replace some of it. I was on the rope and stated that wanted to sell as a lot. As time went and an other phone call he stated he just wanted boing for his personal collection. It was all a lie and he is a weasel. He ended up paying me $200 for it and I thought it strange he pushed so hard for the game so I looked it up and saw that other ebay later on since when I did my research there was nothing up to base it off and why I hd $150-$200. I even contacted him about that and he stated it was most likely a rigged ebay.

While he picked up the game I was nothing but nice to this guy. He asked about gi joe stuff which I gave him honest answers. He sat there and acted stupid about the stuff I had but I have come to know that he actually knows this stuff well. He tried to play this game off as pal later as well when from my understanding when it comes to boing it doesn't matter since this was the only game released by the company that made it.

So he basically bs his way to get this game to use ebay to screw someone over for a higher price in my mind and he had no intentions of having this game for his personal collection which was the only reason I sold it to him out of the huge lot I got.

He also stated he would look into the other games and I even said that if he wanted the other games after he did his research I would still sell to him at original price even though he took boing and I could have asked more. He had no intentions of buying the lot. His focus was to weasel me out of this game by lies and deceit, so I would stay away from a guy like this. They are the type that ruin the hobby.

Anyways lesson learned to not trust this weasel and never do business with him and to stick to my guns and never believe someone wants something for their personal collection.

God I hate weasel resellers.

Well his ebay ad shows he sold this for $499 so he suckered someone and in my opinion that was his goal to use that other ebay ad that people state is questionable to rip someone off.

When this whole deal started he stated to me that he wanted only a few games since he sold his collection off and wanted to replace some of it. I was on the rope and stated that wanted to sell as a lot. As time went and an other phone call he stated he just wanted boing for his personal collection. It was all a lie and he is a weasel. He ended up paying me $200 for it and I thought it strange he pushed so hard for the game so I looked it up and saw that other ebay later on since when I did my research there was nothing up to base it off and why I hd $150-$200. I even contacted him about that and he stated it was most likely a rigged ebay.

While he picked up the game I was nothing but nice to this guy. He asked about gi joe stuff which I gave him honest answers. He sat there and acted stupid about the stuff I had but I have come to know that he actually knows this stuff well. He tried to play this game off as pal later as well when from my understanding when it comes to boing it doesn't matter since this was the only game released by the company that made it.

So he basically bs his way to get this game to use ebay to screw someone over for a higher price in my mind and he had no intentions of having this game for his personal collection which was the only reason I sold it to him out of the huge lot I got.

He also stated he would look into the other games and I even said that if he wanted the other games after he did his research I would still sell to him at original price even though he took boing and I could have asked more. He had no intentions of buying the lot. His focus was to weasel me out of this game by lies and deceit, so I would stay away from a guy like this. They are the type that ruin the hobby.

Anyways lesson learned to not trust this weasel and never do business with him and to stick to my guns and never believe someone wants something for their personal collection.

God I hate weasel resellers.

:ponder:

Reminds me ol' Paul Harvey: "And now you know the rest of the story."

• Like 2