IGNORED

Watch Dogs

HuckleCat

Ok, so I picked this up on launch day and it's not that bad. It's an open-world game, but you have no powers like Infamous, and you're not bound to be a bad guy like GTA. You do have a neato mobile phone that can hack anything and everything. Kinda reminds me of the phone from the anime Eden of the East. The graphics are good, but not as good as Second Son, likely because they had to deal with multiple gaming systems.

Things I did not like though -

Money is worthless. You can stand on a corner and hack person after person and just amass a fortune in a very quick time. My first trip to a gunstore and I'm buying one of the best guns in the game.

Motorcycles sound like they run on autotune. WTF?

Cars are too disposable, and are not saved anywhere. Buying any of them is pointless.

Some of the side missions, or rather, diversions, make you wish you could do things "better". For example, sometimes you'll hack someones phone and they'll be talking to someone who has taken somebody they care about in return for ransom. You can choose to ignore this, or you can go and steal the money before the kidnappers get it. In other words, someone is going to die because you're a greedy asshole. There's no option to wait for the kidnapper to get both the money and free the captive.

Some of the side diversions are disturbing. I think I overheard somebody committing suicide, and once again, there's no option to do anything to help.

Seriously, motorcycles sound like they run on autotune.

You can't shoot from vehicles. It seems like you should be able to do this.

Aside form this stuff I do like it. If you like GTA but enjoy the choice of being good or bad like RDR or Infamous, you'll like Watch Dogs.

But those motorcycles man. They sound so stupid.