IGNORED

A dead cartridge? How to tell?

82-T/A

So... kinda pissed... but I tried putting in my Cannon Fodder cartridge last night. No matter how many times I blew on the connector (hahaha), or wiped it with my shirt, I could not get the cartridge to display anything other than a RED Jaguar screen. I rarely have any issue with my games... the ones that I don't play for a year or so... I usually just blow on it and it works fine the next time. However, no matter how many times I put it in, the game just wouldn't load. Should I just assume I have a fried Cannon Fodder cartridge?

See... this is why I bought two Impulse-X carts... because I knew I would find myself in this situation one day. From now on, every new game that comes out... I'm buying two.

First off, STOP blowing on your games! You'll just end up rusting them out. Seriously.

I'd take a Q-Tip and some rubbing alcohol or (better yet) contact cleaner and give both sides of the edge connector a thorough cleaning that way. Wouldn't hurt to take a credit card wrapped in paper or a thin cloth of some kind and swab out the cartridge port.

Not saying it's not the case, but I have yet to see a Jaguar cartridge go bad...

• Like 2

Tried it... still nothing... :(

I'm guessing it must have just died. It's the ONLY cartridge I have that doesn't work. My system is spotless, and so are my games. Honestly, I rarely play games... the Jaguar gets played maybe once a year.

So.... I tried again a few minutes ago. Put the cartridge in, and turned it on... didn't work. So I walked away, or at least pretended do, and then quickly DASHED back towards the Jaguar, put the cart in and turned the power on really quick... still didn't work. Thought I could fool it, but no go.

I'll try again when it least expects it to see if it's working.

So.... I tried again a few minutes ago. Put the cartridge in, and turned it on... didn't work. So I walked away, or at least pretended do, and then quickly DASHED back towards the Jaguar, put the cart in and turned the power on really quick... still didn't work. Thought I could fool it, but no go.

I'm just whistling innocently oh I wonder what could be over here

DO IT NOW!!

:D

I've saved many many red-screen only carts with this incantation:

1: Thoroughly clean the contacts. High % rubbing alcohol is OK. Leave the contacts wet.

2: Insert & remove the cart from the Jaguar 5-6 times

3: Clean the cartridge again.

4: Insert & remove another 5-6 times

5: Clean it ONE MORE TIME :D

6: Shake excess cleaner out and allow cartridge to fully dry. This may take 30-60 minutes.

In my experience, Jag carts don't work if there's even a trace of cleaner left, and whatever you use to clean them will probably wick its way up into the cartridge body.

• Like 1

That's stupid funny! I did something similar with a data recovery. I put the disk in a paper bag so it couldn't see what I was doing. And lo and behold I was successful.

Edited by Keatah