Lynxpro

Hey fellow Jaguar fans,

On Saturday, June 14, 2014, the free-to-the-public Sunnyvale Atari Party will take place at the Sunnyvale Public Library from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. Please come and join Bill Kendrick and the rest of us there.

There will be Atari 2600s/Flashbacks, 5200s, 7800s, XE Game System, Lynxes, Jaguars, arcade machines, Atari 8-bit computers, Atari STs, and modern PCs emulating the classic consoles.

In addition, we are fortunate enough to have two legendary ex-Atari employees who will be speaking. The first is Al Alcorn, Atari employee #3, builder of Pong, who worked on the Atari 2600, Atari's holographics, and countless other items. He later became an Apple Fellow*. And then there's Dan "The TrakBall Man" Kramer who is personally responsible for the 2600 and 5200 TrakBall Controllers, amongst many other projects during his time at Atari Inc. He is also promising to show off some prototype hardware as well.

http://www.newbreeds...tariparty/2014/

Sunnyvale CA is, of course, Atari's old hometown.

Please visit the website link above for more details. Volunteers are also welcome. And there may be present a custom Jaguar paddle controller for use with Tempest 2000.

This is a kid-friendly event so bring the whole family...

*If you've watched the recent Steve Jobs film [Jobs], Mr. Alcorn is represented in the film. He's referred to as "Al" during the Atari scenes and "he" is the one who tells Jobs that he's "an a$$hole".

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have found memories of visiting the Sunnyvale office back when I was working for VGA magazine. The few times I went there Sam always sent a limo to get us at the airport and had us stay at a pretty nice hotel, which not even Nintendo or Sega did for us. They always splurged on the media days taking us to the amusement park as well as dinner afterwards LOL. I still remember his red Ferrari parked outside, and him peeling off after we were on our way to the amusement park. That particular day was the day I met Jeff Minter and interviewed him on his upcoming game Tempest 2000. Such awesome memories, best time of my life, best job I ever had even though I made no money. Wish I could have attended but living on the eastcoast its tough. I've been California dreamin since those days.

Edited by MAYAman
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have found memories of visiting the Sunnyvale office back when I was working for VGA magazine. The few times I went there Sam always sent a limo to get us at the airport and had us stay at a pretty nice hotel, which not even Nintendo or Sega did for us. They always splurged on the media days taking us to the amusement park as well as dinner afterwards LOL. I still remember his red Ferrari parked outside, and him peeling off after we were on our way to the amusement park. That particular day was the day I met Jeff Minter and interviewed him on his upcoming game Tempest 2000. Such awesome memories, best time of my life, best job I ever had even though I made no money. Wish I could have attended but living on the eastcoast its tough. I've been California dreamin since those days.

Were you at the last media day they held where they took everyone to the Magic Edge fighter sim pizza parlor? That rocked!