IGNORED

List of Activision Patches?

PFL

I know there's probably a list that my addled brain has overlooked but I can't seem to find one...

So, does anyone know of a definitive list of Atari 2600 game patches from Activision? Were there any made for the PAL regions or were they just for the North American market?

Thanks for any pointers. :)

Thanks Thomas. I was unsure if that list was complete or not. I could have sworn there were others... Maybe I'm thinking of Intellivision patches... Like I said, addled brain...

As for those other patches, how cool are they?! I love the 'You Suck' one. :)

• Like 1

Here's a master list. Note that it does not include the Starmaster Master handsewn patch, but does list the rare original version of the 2600 Beamrider patch. Also, I didn't make a distinct set of entries for Colecovision as these are typically 5200 versions.

Atari 2600
Barnstorming – Flying Aces
Beamrider – Beamriders RARE ORIGINAL VERSION (semi-circle or half-moon)
Chopper Command – Chopper Commandos
Crackpots - Crackpots
Decathlon – Bronze
Decathlon – Silver
Decathlon - Gold
Dolphin – Friends of Dolphins
Dolphin – Secret Society of Dolphins
Dragster – World Class Dragster Club
Enduro – Roadbusters
Freeway – Save the Chicken Foundation
Frostbite – Frostbite Bailey’s Arctic Architects
Grand Prix – Grand Prix Driving Team
H.E.R.O. – Order of the H.E.R.O.
Ice Hockey – All-Star Hockey Team
Kaboom! – The Activision Bucket Brigade
Keystone Kapers – Billy Club
Laser Blast – Commander Activision Federation of Laser Blasters
Laser Blast – 1,000,000 points
Megamania – Megamaniacs
Oink! - Oinkers
Pitfall! – Explorers’ Club
Pitfall II – Cliff Hangers
Plaque Attack – The No Plaque Pack
Pressure Cooker – Short-Order Squad
Private Eye – Super Sleuth
River Raid – River Raiders
Robot Tank – Medal of Merit
Robot Tank – Cross of Excellence
Robot Tank – Star of Honor
Seaquest – Sub Club
Skiing – Official Member Activision Ski Team
Sky Jinks – Sky Stars
Space Shuttle – Space Shuttle Pilot
Space Shuttle – Space Shuttle Commander
Spider Fighter – Spider Fighters
Stampede – The Activision Trail Drive
Starmaster – Order of the Supreme Starmaster
Starmaster – Leader chevron, Wing Commander chevron, Starmaster chevron
Tennis – Activision Tennis

Atari 5200
Dreadnaught Factor – Dreadnaught Destroyer
Kaboom! – The Activision Bucket Brigade
Megamania – Megamaniacs
Pitfall! – Explorers Club
River Raid – River Raiders

Commodore 64
Toy Troubleshooters – Toy Bizarre

Intellivision
Beamrider – Beamriders
Dreadnaught Destroyer – Dreadnaught Factor
Explorers Club – Pitfall!
Stampede – Trail Drive
Happy Trails - Trail Blazers
Worm Whomper - Worm Whompers

• Like 1

So, does anyone know of a definitive list of Atari 2600 game patches from Activision? Were there any made for the PAL regions or were they just for the North American market?

The patches were the same regardless of region. But the 2600 patches were usually different than the patches for games on other systems. Intellivision had some unique designs, but most other systems shared a common patch design (though they weren't always earned the same way).

There are a couple of rare variations on the 2600 patches:

There is an early Starmaster patch that Todd Rogers has, which looks completely embroidered (if my memory is correct). I'm not sure if there is more than 1 known to exist.

The half-moon Beamrider patch that Zwackery mentioned is the 2600 variation of the patch. However, for some reason, Activision mostly mailed out the version that was meant for the Intellivision. It could be that they didn't produce enough of the 2600 version, or they over-produced the Intellivision version. This 2600 half-moon Beamrider is probably the rarest 2600 Activision patch that it is actually feasible to acquire (for a price).

If you are interested in what is required to qualify for all of the patches on all systems, this is a pretty good list. It is missing the C64 and Atari 400/800 patches (which are visually identical to the 5200 patches, with the exception of Toy Bizarre).

I'm also unsure if there were patch qualifications for other systems that had Pitfall, River Raid, etc.. IBM PCjr is one such system that these games were available for.. This is something I plan to research..

Activision also sent letters with these patches, and issued certificates.

Lots of great info in this old thread that Zwackery started in 2007..

The patches were the same regardless of region. But the 2600 patches were usually different than the patches for games on other systems. Intellivision had some unique designs, but most other systems shared a common patch design (though they weren't always earned the same way).

Funny thing is, when I sent off for my Atari 2600 "River Raid" patch (back in the 80's), Activision sent me the Intellivision River Raid patch! It wasn't till a couple of years ago that I realized they sent me the wrong patch!

IMG_4699.JPG

In the Activision patch FAQ on my web site, I have what I believe is complete and it also includes the congratulation letters from Activision for most of the games. Those are interesting and entertaining to read in my opinion...

http://www.2600connection.com/faq/activision_patches/patches.html

Enjoy!

Tim

P.S.

Many years ago my friend Andy Floyd also dubbed the term "ACTIMITE" as someone who is a fan of Activision games.

Funny thing is, when I sent off for my Atari 2600 "River Raid" patch (back in the 80's), Activision sent me the Intellivision River Raid patch! It wasn't till a couple of years ago that I realized they sent me the wrong patch!

IMG_4699.JPG

I send off for a Keystone Kapers patch, and I received a Beamrider patch

• Like 1

In the Activision patch FAQ on my web site, I have what I believe is complete and it also includes the congratulation letters from Activision for most of the games. Those are interesting and entertaining to read in my opinion...

http://www.2600connection.com/faq/activision_patches/patches.html

Enjoy!

Tim

P.S.

Many years ago my friend Andy Floyd also dubbed the term "ACTIMITE" as someone who is a fan of Activision games.

I may have asked you this before, but where did the pile of patches picture come from? Also, the half-moon (2600) Beamrider patch picture? Just curious as if the patch is actually in someone's possession as that would make 2 confirmed.

So what is missing for VCS?

Boxing, Bridge, Fishing Derby, Checkers, Cosmic Commuter, Ghostbusters.

Wby didn't they get patches?

And why no A8 patches?

Back in the day (80's), I actually sent in a "Boxing" TV screen picture to try and get a Boxing patch that I knew was not listed in the manual, just to see what Activision would send me. They sent a standard "congrats" letter and a blank "Certificate of Achievement" award!

Star Fire Elite Squadron

Here's the photo, originally posted in my review of Star Fire, of mine.

attachicon.gifstarfire.jpg

Love that game. I got Patch #17. :) I earned two Activision patches back in the 80's that I actually sent away for and received, Ice Hockey and River Raid.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...