IGNORED

Homebrews at the AA Store...?

xucaen

Is it at all possible to get Jaguar games in the AA store on cartridge? Is it just a matter of there being interest in carts or do they have access to the Jagtopus? I'm curious because AA is making carts for the 2600, 5200, 7800, and Lynx but for some reason not the Jaguar...

Nope, they're all CD only.

Well, there are 7 copies of Full Circle: Rocketeer on cart, in two sets.

The 'easier' set consists of 4 carts (blue) and the harder set consists of 3 carts (green)

Good luck hunting one down :)

post-25413-0-25159100-1384874839_thumb.p

I have a hard time believing no one wants Jaguar cartridges. There's motivation and money right there. Time? I'm unemployed, so I volunteer to do what you guys need in man hours to make cartridges. But the money and motivation is certainly there. It's there for lynx carts, is there for 7800, 5200, & 2600 carts and it's there for Jaguar too.

Plenty of people want carts, that isn't an issue.

The motivation doesn't need to be on the purchaser side, it needs to be on the developer side. And the money. And the time. Up front. In spades.

And it isn't.

And no, we won't take pre-orders. Check the Inty and 7800 forums for examples of how those go wrong.

(Yes, that's the Jaguar forum pointing fingers, so you know you fucked up!)

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 4

It's a sad state of affairs. The CD clique controls the home brew market while the rest of us hopefuls wallow in a sellers market.

Can you perhaps point me in the direction of how to actually make a Jaguar cartridge? I'll try to make some myself. Thanks.

Or you could buy a JagCD. Compared to some of the homebrew prices, you could buy 4.

As for 'how to make your own cart' - first, make your own game to put in it, or people might get mad.

It's a sad state of affairs. The CD clique controls the home brew market while the rest of us hopefuls wallow in a sellers market.

Can you perhaps point me in the direction of how to actually make a Jaguar cartridge? I'll try to make some myself. Thanks.

• Like 1

Lol, can you give me the cash to buy one? And don't be a dick. I'm not going to pirate someone else's game.

and how much do you think making a cart can cost ? ;)

that IS the issue. making a batch of 100 carts is like buying 15 jagcd, you need cash, and you can't make just one cart, the price is only interesting from 50 to 100.

My question is - why isn't Atari Age making Jaguar carts if they are making carts for all other Atari consoles?

The answer I am getting is the Jaguar Homebrew club is closed to new members.

Fine!! Have your club! I am working on a new Jaguar game and it will be cartridge based. If you don't want to help me make my own cart that's OK. I don't want to be part of your club.

Thank you all for your responses. It was very eye opening.

• Like 1

Wow - you drank the Jaguar Kool-aid after only a few posts....

Posters have given you the answer: it's expensive, time-consuming, and some of the chips required are quite difficult to track down.

These questions, including how to burn your own carts, have all been answered before. Try using the 'search' tool, or better yet Google to find the info you seek.

Wow - you drank the Jaguar Kool-aid after only a few posts....

Posters have given you the answer: it's expensive, time-consuming, and some of the chips required are quite difficult to track down.

These questions, including how to burn your own carts, have all been answered before. Try using the 'search' tool, or better yet Google to find the info you seek.

I have googled why Atari Age doesn't make Jaguar Cartridges while they do make 2600, 5200, 7800, and lynx catridges, didn't find anything. :P

I don't drink kool aid. Is that the official drink of the Jaguar elite? Sorry, I'll pass.

More expensive than making all the other carts? I have my doubts. But that's OK. While I thought I could find help from the community, I have in fact discovered I just have to do the research alone. That's OK. I'm good at research. And when I am ready to release my own games on cart, watch out. (ooo, ahhh) ;-)

Incidentally, how did the Elansar cart release pan out for you?

Would you do a cart release again, personally?

I have too few demand (< 30) to make a cartridge production batch myself, it will cost too much per cart.

So I'm waiting for someone to make a cartridge production batch so I can associate with them, I know reboot might do it in a future but I don't know when, so I'm waiting :)

• Like 1

Cj - I never knew those green rocketeer carts were harder. I just thought they were copies for you guys and blue for us comp winners. I thought the easy version was hard....haha

Harder to come by, not harder to play. :)