IGNORED

Homebrews at the AA Store...?

xucaen

I have googled why Atari Age doesn't make Jaguar Cartridges while they do make 2600, 5200, 7800, and lynx catridges, didn't find anything.

Why are you throwing a hissy fit? It's clear why AA sells 2600-Lynx cartridges but not Jaguar cartridges. One, CDs are super easy to burn/press compared with making a cart. Two, 2600, 5200, 7800, and even Lynx all sold way, way better than the Jaguar, and thus there's a far greater demand. On top of it, they're also easier to program.

I think the main point is: be nice if the AA store had more of a Jaguar home-brew selection. Developers are waaaaaay too scattered, produce their wares in waaaaaay too limited of quantities and knowing the community, will probably always be this way. :(

It's a sad state of affairs. The CD clique controls the home brew market while the rest of us hopefuls wallow in a sellers market.

Can you perhaps point me in the direction of how to actually make a Jaguar cartridge? I'll try to make some myself. Thanks.

There are plenty of things to be paranoid of in this world. A roving gang of CD pressing peer pressure punks isn't one.

Reboot laid out why they go the route they do pretty well here:

http://reboot.atari.org/new-reboot/amountainofcoldhardcash.html

• Like 1

I think the main point is: be nice if the AA store had more of a Jaguar home-brew selection. Developers are waaaaaay too scattered, produce their wares in waaaaaay too limited of quantities and knowing the community, will probably always be this way. :(

I'd like to second this. Jaguar owner since 1994. Bought the Jaguar CD in 1995. Involved in the first JagFest, Jaguar Interactive I & II, and post-death Telegames releases. I've also purchased Songbird carts. I also observed much of the vaporware, theft (Tom Harker/Cat Box) and infighting through the years.

And I've got to say - even I can't keep the Jaguar homebrew community straight. Even to the point where I missed the original "Another World" cartridge pre-order (I'm on the list for 2nd-batch-hopefuls).

I'm not much of a collector, more of a player, and the Jaguar is the last system I bought. So I like to play new games just to play them.

The developers know way more about this than I do, so I'm not being critical. But I'm saying that I feel that I'm relatively committed to the Jaguar and I miss out on stuff regularly on this and other forums. Just imagine newcomers or more casual Jaguar fans.

I find the 8-bitters and the Lynx much easier to support and sort out.

I have a hard time believing no one wants Jaguar cartridges. There's motivation and money right there. Time? I'm unemployed, so I volunteer to do what you guys need in man hours to make cartridges. But the money and motivation is certainly there. It's there for lynx carts, is there for 7800, 5200, & 2600 carts and it's there for Jaguar too.

I love carts... I've bought every new one that has been available to me. I rarely play the CD games because the CD drive is so flimsy and cheap. Carts are just easier.

Also impulse X comes in both formats.

Bought both!!!