IGNORED

Congratulations - To All 100 PMP 30th Anniversary Cart Gift Winners!

Trebor

No crashes in Moon Cresta, however my ship seems to self destruct after I complete the round (kill all the baddies). Is it supposed to do that? :ponder:

No.

I paid 86USD for this. I was under the impression that all games would work as they would be tested.

I trusted that this is a quality product even after getting my multicart from the previous batch that had two games that didnt work.

Sorry to come off as sounding like a d$^k h#$d. I am just disappointed.

Edited by Jinks

Regarding Moon Cresta: Sometimes if I defeat all the aliens, I'll advance to the next round. Other times, my ship will sit at the bottom for 10-15 seconds, then self destruct for no apparent reason. In this situation, if I have any ships left over, they will do the same: sit there for a few seconds then self destruct. I did manage to get to the second and third stages a couple times. My latest playthrough, I defeated all the alien ships on stage 3, no advance, and after about 10 seconds with no enemies onscreen, my ship exploded. Sometimes this game ending event can also occur at the end of stages 1 and 2 as well.

Video:

Around 2:09, my ship strikes an invisible object with the gun and advances to round 3. Are there enemy sprites onscreen not getting rendered? Colliding with my ship and destroying it?

Edited by stardust4ever

The system that I tested this on is an 'early' 7800 with the Best Electronics AV mod. I am going to test it on my other 7800 (late model, un-modded) tomorrow, but my guess is that some of the EPROMS are suspect. Too bad, of these 8 games SI and MC are my favorites...

The system that I tested this on is an 'early' 7800 with the Best Electronics AV mod. I am going to test it on my other 7800 (late model, un-modded) tomorrow, but my guess is that some of the EPROMS are suspect. Too bad, of these 8 games SI and MC are my favorites...

I've got a Best AV mod as well, however mine does not have the expansion connector or cutouts for one, so it's not an early revision. My 7800 plays Food Fight just fine so I'm assuming it's a high compatability unit. An easy way to tell would be to plug in the standalone SI cart and see if it crashes. Either way I'm a little bummed about this, especially seeing how I got my 7800 primarily to play this game. At least Pacman Collection is my favorite of the bunch so far and it works flawless. If it was the EPROMS, did CPU or whomever burned them do a full integrity check on every ROM? It seems if the burner can read back the ROM without errors, so would the 7800?

My 7800 has Serial #A1 88 5425514 if that helps to tell what I've got.

Edited by stardust4ever

:( space invaders fails on mine also. Tried BD space invaders cart and it works fine. Moon cresta does some odd things, but maybe it's me or my imaginations. Looks like sometimes my shots go right through th enemy, and sometimes my ship seems to blow up for no apparent reason. Don't think I'm getting hit.

Need to have someone with a working cart try it on someones machine that doesn't work to see if it's the eprom, board incompatibility, or what?