IGNORED

Congratulations - To All 100 PMP 30th Anniversary Cart Gift Winners!

Trebor

My biggest concern is if it's either the eprom or board design then future release may also have issues, but I guess no one cares as long as they can stick it on their shelves and say they have one?????

It's definitely a concern of mine as well as another collector who bought one that I've been speaking to privately. In the future I'll unfortunately have to watch for threads like these to pop up before buying or not. If I miss out on a similar limited run opportunity, so be it.

Hi guys:

Just wanted to pop in a confirm three things:

1 - Crazy Brix does use paddles in the *right* controller port. Also the left difficulty switch has to be flipped to the left to use them.

2 - Meteor Shower does use 'down' as Hyper Space (just like Intellivision's Astrosmash). I guess I should have played a sound when activating it :ponder: :)

3 - For the opposite player to control Blinky in a two-player game in Pac-Man Collection, the right difficulty switch has to be flipped to the right. (This has no effect in a single player game)

Here are all of the manuals:

Armor Attack II Manual.pdf

SCAA Manual.pdf

Crazy Brix Manual.pdf

Failsafe manual 8 pg final.pdf

Meteor Shower Manual.pdf

Pac-Man Collection 7800 Manual.pdf

Scramble Manual.pdf

Space Invaders Manual.pdf

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 4

Thanks for clearing up the gameplay issues people were having PMP!

Only one thing.

Super circus is not on the cart but moon cresta is for anyone who is confused by the manual list.

The question is are all 100 carts a 6 in one or will there be the lucky ones who get 100 percent playable carts like last time?

I have almost all of those games already but still I will put it in to confirm if it works or not. And then keep it out of the slot like the other multi they are wall hangers. Its like driving around in a car with a knocking engine. Too embarrassing and I cant show it off to other gamer friends as glitches and freezes are not impressive.

We need to get play testers for projects like this.. is it fair to pay money for a nice label? We paid for an 8 in one cart that was guaranteed tested and the board issue resolved.

I am pulling out of buying all future homebrew as guinea pig status. Unless there are video playtests to prove the concept. And also buying from the Aa store after there are reviews to confirm that there is functionality to a game is probably the way to go.

Even with the two defective games, it has already become my favorite cart. Scramble is extremely addictive. It's almost like the perfect blend of Moon Patrol combined with a horizontally scrolling Xevious. Using a two button controller really adds to the game play as well. I can see why PAC Man Collection is such a popular title with it's smooth game play and great variety. I am also really enjoying Meteor Shower and Fail Safe as well. I only played Crazy Bricks briefly with a jittery paddle, but I could immediately see the improvement over the ball mechanics in Breakout. All of these games are of excellent quality.

That said, I am extremely disappointed that 1/4 of the advertised games do not work, especially because Space Invaders was one of the games I was most looking forward to. Eight games for the price of two was the major selling point for me. I don't buy games for collection purposes, I buy them to play. This was my first homebrew purchase ever so I don't have another copy of these games to enjoy. I wish I was financially able to support the homebrew community more and spend $30 each on the games I want, but with two kids that is not possible.

In the end, I can't be mad about this or let it prevent me from taking a chance on similar projects in the future. This cart was created by people whose efforts keep a 30 year old console which is for some reason so near and dear to my heart fresh and exciting. I understand that whatever money was made from this project probably in no way covers the actual amount of man hours required to develop and produce a small batch project such as this. I can't realistically expect them to be able to fix the carts. It's not like it is Rock Star or some other huge company with the financial backing to do so. I'll just have to accept that it is a six game cart and enjoy it for what it is, which should not be hard. Hopefully the Harmony cart for 7800 will be out eventually and then I will be able to play MC and SI.

Thanks for clearing up the gameplay issues people were having PMP!

Only one thing.

Super circus is not on the cart but moon cresta is for anyone who is confused by the manual list.

The question is are all 100 carts a 6 in one or will there be the lucky ones who get 100 percent playable carts like last time?

I have almost all of those games already but still I will put it in to confirm if it works or not. And then keep it out of the slot like the other multi they are wall hangers. Its like driving around in a car with a knocking engine. Too embarrassing and I cant show it off to other gamer friends as glitches and freezes are not impressive.

We need to get play testers for projects like this.. is it fair to pay money for a nice label? We paid for an 8 in one cart that was guaranteed tested and the board issue resolved.

I am pulling out of buying all future homebrew as guinea pig status. Unless there are video playtests to prove the concept. And also buying from the Aa store after there are reviews to confirm that there is functionality to a game is probably the way to go.

Oops

If I could edit the above post I'd replace SCAA with Moon Cresta... But here it is:

Moon Cresta Manual.pdf

I haven't received mine yet but I'm going to be pretty upset if I have the same issues most of the rest of you seem to be having.

Was this a known issue before the carts were sent out? Because I paid for an eight game multicart and I was not informed that there might be even a hint of an issue.

If the creator of this project knew this would be an issue and did not make an effort to inform us before collecting our $65+ I will never be doing business with that person again.

I haven't received mine yet but I'm going to be pretty upset if I have the same issues most of the rest of you seem to be having.

Was this a known issue before the carts were sent out? Because I paid for an eight game multicart and I was not informed that there might be even a hint of an issue.

If the creator of this project knew this would be an issue and did not make an effort to inform us before collecting our $65+ I will never be doing business with that person again.

Breathe…take a deep breath. I am sure that no one did this with any kind of malicious intent. It's a homebrew project…one that was meant for the good of the community. Unfortunately, there is not a big company behind projects like this. That can lead to bugs, bad chips and all sorts of unexpected issues. It's not like this was released by Microsoft or Sony…the guy who:

1. Sought out donor carts
  2. Disassembled them
  3. Cleaned them and removed the old labels
  4. Produced new boards
  5. Bought new chips
  6. Soldered new chis to the new boards
  7. Reassembled the new boards into the clean shells
  8. Printed labels
  9. Affixed labels
  10. Packed all of them up
  11. Shipped them all

…it is a team of two guys at most. Numbers 1 thru 9 were handled by one guy alone. Cut them some slack dude. I am sure they are as puzzled as all of us are, and I would bet they are trying to get to the bottom of it as we speak.

• Like 6

Instead of taking that stance, just offer the cart up for sale to someone else for what you paid (plus shipping). Problem solved. This is probably something that slipped through unnoticed (or, perhaps the cart worked perfectly on their systems; there's only so much troubleshooting to be done when it just works).

• Like 1

Wow and you guys wonder why some people (GroovyBee for instance) just walk away. I have instructed Trebor to not even bother shipping your cart, if he has not. You will get a refund and I will never deal with you again. :thumbsdown:

This is not an EPROM or board issue, this has to be a timing issue on the code, the SI problem could be something RevEng and me caused, since the menu selection code was injected into the ROM. Moon Cresta I can not explain at the moment, but I guess it must be a bug in Bob's code, that relies on some memory location to be of a certain value. I finished a wave during testing multiple times, so I am a bit puzzled on this one.

I said it to someone else earlier, but my 7800's I tested with, must be sprinkled with fairy dust. Unfortunately I don't even have a cart for myself at the moment, because there was quite a bit of hardware loss, during the development and I am completely out of parts.

Dammit. :mad:

• Like 10

Payment sent for my copy and I promise not to bitch if there is a bug. These things always find a way of working themselves out.

I think some people forget that this is done for the love of the console and to keep the spirit of classic gaming alive, Nobody gets rich producing a homebrew. Profits (if any) is so minimal that creating a title isn't worth the trouble coding unless a deep admiration for the system and classic gaming community as a whole is present. If it weren't for these wonderful and talented programmers, these systems would die and you would be stuck playing the same titles for eternity.

Show some respect and give everything time to work out. I for one an eternally grateful for being lucky enough to be part of this hobby and community.

<steps off soapbox>

Trem

• Like 4

Well thats the explaination. It was tested on the 7800s cpuwiz has and it worked.
So there really was no way of knowing this would happen.
I apologise for my earlier rant. It was uncalled for. Thanks for your dedication to the development of the 7800. I guess it was hard for me to believe that the multicart was ever popped into a 7800 after hearing all the problems people were having. I guess its a quirky machine that threw us all for a loop.

Just tested with my un-modded 7800. The results were the same for SI & MC. CPUWIZ, sorry for the bad luck here...I know Bob, Trebor, REVENG, and yourself worked hard on this effort.

Hopefully, this will take some of the edge off of it: Perry made me a copy of Donkey Kong XP with your versaboard. I played it for hours and hours this weekend. That wouldn't have been possible without your efforts! Thanks so much!!!

• Like 1

Wow and you guys wonder why some people (GroovyBee for instance) just walk away. I have instructed Trebor to not even bother shipping your cart, if he has not. You will get a refund and I will never deal with you again. :thumbsdown:

famicommander, please lay off the butthurt. If AA had a thumbs down button instead of a "like", I would use it. CPUwiz, Trebor, and Pacman Plus created this cart as a labor of love to the community. Yes it sucks for all parties involved, and I hope you are happy that you now won't be recieving one. I'm still hoping that this issue will be resolvedsomehow, but I have accepted the fact that it may not be possible.

CPUwiz, I am deeply sorry that it had to come to this, but you did the right thing and I'm sure everything you could to make this work and an error free launch. Sadly many people including myself have had issues with SI and MC. Not really sure what else to say, but otherwise the homebrew carts are top notch.

• Like 3

I just want to say thanks again to CPUWIZ and everyone else who made this happen. I think its easy to forget what these new boards mean for the hobby in conjunction with the new cart shells and the not-pokey solution it is an amazing time to follow this hobby.

I'm also convinced no game will ever be 100% compatible with every 7800. I have two and what one plays fine no doubt the other will hate. I never find any rhyme or reason to it.

Thanks again to all involved. You guys rock! I'm just really excited to finally get to play so many great PMP games.

• Like 2

I just want to say thanks again to CPUWIZ and everyone else who made this happen. I think its easy to forget what these new boards mean for the hobby in conjunction with the new cart shells and the not-pokey solution it is an amazing time to follow this hobby.

I'm also convinced no game will ever be 100% compatible with every 7800. I have two and what one plays fine no doubt the other will hate. I never find any rhyme or reason to it.

Thanks again to all involved. You guys rock! I'm just really excited to finally get to play so many great PMP games.

This is why I own 6 of them ;)

And people ask me why I'm a gaming hardware hoarder. This is a good reason why.

• Like 1