IGNORED

Congratulations - To All 100 PMP 30th Anniversary Cart Gift Winners!

Trebor

Received mine today as well. And yes... Moon Cresta has the same issues others have reported. Ship blowing up for no reason or blows up as I kill the last enemy. I too has the same issue where I ended a round and there were no enemies on screen and then suddenly I killed something and the rest of them show.

Space Invaders will play about a min or so and then hard crash on the 7800. This is my LHE modded 7800 that doesn't have an expansion port but plays robot tank, decathlon, 2600 Dark Chambers, and Food Fight without a problem. I will test the cart on my Dev OS modded 7800 and my 3rd 7800 with the simple cheap composite mod on it and see what happens.

Okay I tested on all three of my 7800s. I have the same issues on all three. But at least the menu isn't hosed up on my Dev OS modded 7800 as the first multicart does.

I did find something interesting... I believe these issue are timing issues?

BTW... Space Invaders doesn't crash if you set bombs to NONE. True it isn't a very sporting game of SI..but you can finish a complete wave that way. I tested similar options on Moon Cresta and it just has the same issues regardless. It does seem more and more like Moon Cresta's issue is ghost enemy that we are colliding with during in game play.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Received mine today as well. And yes... Moon Cresta has the same issues others have reported. Ship blowing up for no reason or blows up as I kill the last enemy. I too has the same issue where I ended a round and there were no enemies on screen and then suddenly I killed something and the rest of them show.

Space Invaders will play about a min or so and then hard crash on the 7800. This is my LHE modded 7800 that doesn't have an expansion port but plays robot tank, decathlon, 2600 Dark Chambers, and Food Fight without a problem. I will test the cart on my Dev OS modded 7800 and my 3rd 7800 with the simple cheap composite mod on it and see what happens.

Okay I tested on all three of my 7800s. I have the same issues on all three. But at least the menu isn't hosed up on my Dev OS modded 7800 as the first multicart does.

I did find something interesting... I believe these issue are timing issues?

BTW... Space Invaders doesn't crash if you set bombs to NONE. True it isn't a very sporting game of SI..but you can finish a complete wave that way. I tested similar options on Moon Cresta and it just has the same issues regardless. It does seem more and more like Moon Cresta's issue is ghost enemy that we are colliding with during in game play.

Mine will eventually crash on SI even with no bombs, usually about 3 waves in.

Would be nice to track it down to prevent this in the future, and possible find a way to fix. The possibilities I see are:

1. Bad eprom

2. Bad burn

3. Design of board has issues?

4. Just doesn't work on some systems.

Would be great if we could find someone with a cart that works and try it on a machine of an owner who's cart doesn't work.

Seems like we need to track this down as we don't want new home-brews not working on the majority of 7800s out there

If someone out there had a fully working one and wanted me to try it on my machine I would give it a go. I would think either Trebor or CPUWIZ have one that they tested and found that it works, if they want to send me one I could try it and report back, then send it back. Just a thought.

Edited by evg2000

I also noticed the jumping ship routine on Meteor Shower, and yes it is when you press down on the controller. I almost thought it was supposed to do that. I also thought the reappearance of your ship was random, kinda like the hyperspace on asteroids, but it usually ends up just off center on the right half of the screen.

I hadn't tried to play SI with bombs on NONE past the 2nd wave as I figured if it got that far, it would was good to go. Still with bombs of any kind I'm not able to finish even one wave so the bombs from the invaders has something to do with it.

No crashes in Moon Cresta, however my ship seems to self destruct after I complete the round (kill all the baddies). Is it supposed to do that? :ponder:

My Space Invaders also crashes and I get Moon Cresta kills with nothing around my ship - all the other games tested out OK

Got mine in the mail today. Havent played it yet, have just been looking at it periodically. Going to play it a little later tonight. Not worried about glitches, aint nobody got time for that. The games that don't work, I'll buy them from the aa shop.

I'm just happy to have a piece of video game history. 1 of 100 pieces to be exact. One problem though, my copy was missing its box and manual. For $65 there's gotta be a box and manual right? ;)

• Like 1

Got mine in the mail today. Havent played it yet, have just been looking at it periodically. Going to play it a little later tonight. Not worried about glitches, aint nobody got time for that. The games that don't work, I'll buy them from the aa shop.

I'm just happy to have a piece of video game history. 1 of 100 pieces to be exact. One problem though, my copy was missing its box and manual. For $65 there's gotta be a box and manual right? ;)

Great way to look at it. But just as its a collectable, it should have functionality.

I guess there are people here that buy boxes for games that were never made.

My biggest concern is if it's either the eprom or board design then future release may also have issues, but I guess no one cares as long as they can stick it on their shelves and say they have one?????

Don't get me wrong ill be playing the hell out of the games that work. And I've never bought an empty box in my life. I buy games to play not to sit on a shelf. Although plenty of mine do because I'm busy playing other games :)

Okay finally got around to playing my cart tonight. Sure nuff' my space invaders crashed, and my moon cresta ship blew up after completing the first level.

It is a bummer but at least there are 6 other great games on the cart. I have Space Invaders by Bob already and I will pick up Moon Cresta soon so no huge bummer. Just the cart artwork alone is awesome.

So even with the two bugged out games the cart is still a relative bargain. I'm STOKED for failsafe..may still have to pick that up out of the AA shop just for the manual and box.

I know some people are perturbed but it is what it is and I doubt you'll lose money on the cart. If you are really butthurt about the two bugged out games put your cart on the marketplace and I'm sure you'll find some eager takers.

Cheers'

-Rick

I have the original release Moon Cresta with the level 70-something bug, and the AtariAge release of Moon Cresta boxed.

Also the original release of Scramble. Now with the Collection cart I have Scramble with the scrolling masked.

I'll have to buy SI though :_( it ported so well!

Meteor Shower is a lot more fun than I thought it would be, although I prefer using paddles on the 2600's Astroblast (that I dream SpiceWare will one day graphically update).

It's easy for some of you guys to say, "Well, I'll just play the originals I already own or buy them from the AA Store..." When I got my name on the preorder list, I decided it was time to buy an Atari 7800. I had most of the popular 8- and 16-bit consoles, so next are the underdogs. TG-16, SMS (via adapter), and finally 7800. And maybe someday a Coleco. Or even fantasize about a Vectrex. Who knows.

It was only a matter of time until a really good once-in-a-lifetime opportunity like this came along. I really do not believe that most people here are buying them to "sit on a shelf." Were that the case, we would have had zero complaints. Buying additional homebrews from the AA store at 25-30 bucks a piece is just not a good option considering the whole point in buying the 8-in-1 multicart was the huge savings over buying the games individually. I'm not really sure where to go from here. I was aware of issues with the 30th Anniversary Atari compilation, but I was under the assumption the issue was bad EPROMs and the problem would not be an issue this time around since they came from another source.

In meteor shower when you hit down on the D-Pad it jumps your ship around a bit, which is actually a pretty cool "save your ass" feature if you are about to get hit.

I can't get crazy brix to send the ball at all. I get to the game screen and then it won't start. I'm playing with the euro pad and I though I read once that both buttons are mapped to only one on the original proline. Do I need a proline to play crazy brix on this or??

Still having a fun night all in all, played about an hour of failsafe and love it! Definitely one of the deeper games on the 7800!!

In meteor shower when you hit down on the D-Pad it jumps your ship around a bit, which is actually a pretty cool "save your ass" feature if you are about to get hit.

I can't get crazy brix to send the ball at all. I get to the game screen and then it won't start. I'm playing with the euro pad and I though I read once that both buttons are mapped to only one on the original proline. Do I need a proline to play crazy brix on this or??

Still having a fun night all in all, played about an hour of failsafe and love it! Definitely one of the deeper games on the 7800!!

I was playing crazy brix with a cx-40.

Doesn't Crazy Bricks work with Paddle Controllers in the right port? I did not know how to start it too.

The Euro Pad has 2 different buttons AFAIK. They both work as fire on a 2600, but on a 7800 I think they are left and right, or A & B or what have you.

Doesn't Crazy Bricks work with Paddle Controllers in the right port? I did not know how to start it too.

The Euro Pad has 2 different buttons AFAIK. They both work as fire on a 2600, but on a 7800 I think they are left and right, or A & B or what have you.

Ah I will have to try this! Tried a euro pad and a paddle controllers, but both on the left port..