IGNORED

Demo suggestions

Going to Atari Party 2014, bringing an 800 with Incognito, I need some demo suggestions I've got games a plenty, but hoping there might be people interested in just toying around with the Incognito features, even if it's just demo scene stuff.

Looking for stuff that's E for Everyone, NTSC, isn't a time sink, etc.

The plasmas flicker a lot on NTSC. No such flicker on PAL.

The timing is also off in NTSC - the music plays too fast, and finished before the demo effects. Shame, as it's one of my fave demos, even more impressive considering the 16kB size. This is why I keep a PAL machine (much modded) around :)

'm only in PAL land, so I don't know how these titles look on NTSC (or fail)

* Flop Magazin Intro #54, #55, #56 and #57 ... very nice intro's

* Boogie Nights

* Drunk Chessboard (already older, but still great)

* Silly Things

haven't heard of the flop mag intro, cool. I think I have Boogie Nights, I'll check chessboard out if it looks ok on ntsc.

The plasmas flicker a lot on NTSC. No such flicker on PAL.

:)

The timing is also off in NTSC - the music plays too fast, and finished before the demo effects. Shame, as it's one of my fave demos, even more impressive considering the 16kB size. This is why I keep a PAL machine (much modded) around :)

I may do that one of these days, my 800 is my "first" computer so I try not to mess with it too much, but I might have to mod my 130 or 800xl

Edited by Android8675

The timing is also off in NTSC - the music plays too fast, and finished before the demo effects.

Here's my attempt to hack Drunk Chessboard for NTSC:

drunk-chessboard-ntsc-hack.xex

Source on github.

This executable applies the following patches if it detects that you're running on an NTSC machine:

• Shorten plasmas so they finish in one frame (no flickering)
  • Slow down music to fit NTSC demo length. The whole demo takes a little longer on NTSC because some of the effects run slower. A bonus is that the music now has a cool swing beat since an eighth note is no longer an integer number of frames. :)
  • Shorten credit screen display kernels to finish in one frame

There are still some visual glitches here and there and some of the effects run at half frame rate, but it's a start.

• Like 3