IGNORED

AtariAge improvements

Asmusr

Thanks. My Issue Is That I Have To Click The Thumb, Then It Opens,

The I have To Scroll To The Right, The Scroll Down, Then Click "Save",

Then A New Tab Opens, Then RightClick The Pic, Say Save, Click OK,

Then Have To Close The Tab, And When Landing Back on The Post

I Have To Scroll Up Or Down To Refind The Post With The Thumbs

Because It Was Moved AnyWhere Up Or Down. (IE & Mozilla)

On Other Websites I RightClick A Pic, Say Save, Click OK, And Ready

A very good (and maybe easy technical) way for at least preventing from scrolling to search the SAVE or CLOSE-button of a pic

could be NOT to open the pictures in a size of 200% (or whatever it is), but maybe opening it in 80 or 90% of its size.

So you would have the button just viewable on the lower right, with first view(klick of the pic

• Like 1

Two things, Albert. First, did you ever figure out about a link or button to show all of the attachments in a thread and present them for download? I assume you have seen the numerous calls for the "Programming" sub-forum to be renamed as "Development;" do you have a position on that?

• Like 3

I'd like to see unlimited editing restored in the TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here! This way people could update their photos over the months or years as they upgrade without having to makes additional posts.

yes, very good idea, so we could build a good "site" there, with one entry per user, and not this tangle what it is at the moment....

The same would be good for threads with contents like knowledgebases, instructions, manuals, and and and.

as it would be possible to maintain that....

• Like 1

Two things, Albert. First, did you ever figure out about a link or button to show all of the attachments in a thread and present them for download? I assume you have seen the numerous calls for the "Programming" sub-forum to be renamed as "Development;" do you have a position on that?

I will rename the Programming forum, thanks for the reminder.

I just installed a third-party modification that returns the "paperclip" to the left of a forum topic when viewing a forum or search results. If you click on the icon, it'll pop up a window with all the attachments in that forum. :)

attachments_1.png attachments_2.png

..Al

• Like 4

Ultimately I'd prefer to see that sticky 'unstickied', and then start a new 'TI User's Systems" sub-group. Each TI-99/4A AA member/user could then start their own thread with his or her own user name or description. The first message of every thread in the sub-group could be that users entry with their photos, description or whatever they wanted. That way when people want to see what's out there, or get ideas on how to expand their own systems, they could just go to the first message in every thread and then ask questions. There would be no more crawling through a ton of messages to see the good stuff.

• Like 1

Ultimately I'd prefer to see that sticky 'unstickied', and then start a new 'TI User's Systems" sub-group. Each TI-99/4A AA member/user could then start their own thread with his or her own user name or description. The first message of every thread in the sub-group could be that users entry with their photos, description or whatever they wanted. That way when people want to see what's out there, or get ideas on how to expand their own systems, they could just go to the first message in every thread and then ask questions. There would be no more crawling through a ton of messages to see the good stuff.

Please, try to avoid multiple subgroups. Not sure we have enough traffic to justify any more subgroups.

• Like 3

Please, try to avoid multiple subgroups. Not sure we have enough traffic to justify any more subgroups.

I totally agree with you on that from a point of a discussion forum. This I felt was slightly different as it's not really a discussion thread that would take away from either of the two current forms as this would just a place to show off our individual systems. Anyway, it was just an idea.

Love the thumbnail plugin thingie.

Thanks for that.

I agree no more spliting of forums, the main one and development forum is good enough.

Still thinking in back of my mind of other possible improvements, but when I have something solid to share, I will post it here.

For all those mods/admins here, keep up the good work. :)

• Like 1

Another quick request for file types: .sid (Commodore 64 SIDplayer file)

.mus is the ORIGINAL SID player on the actual computer, but I am not certain whether those are traded much any more. They can also be accompanied by .str (Stereo SID right-side) or .wds (SID words/lyrics file,) but those will generally be found archived together.