IGNORED

TI PEB Prototyping Board

Ksarul

Yikes, nice looking, so much better then the original prototyping board.

One thing I would like to see is 'sidecar' prototyping board to work on projects that don't need a PEB.

Another thing I would like to see but it is big one, a replacement PEB box, with nice molded case, and two options a full 8 card or bigger 10 card a smaller 5 card, maybe a design were two 5 card peb's can be plugged in together.

• Like 1

I can set up a sidecar board relatively easily--and was actually thinking along that line in response to one of Acadiel's ideas. I'll try and add that to the queue. . .

Yep, Ksarul and I discussed it extensively one night. We have some pretty cool ideas for sidecar boards.

Here are pictures of the TI Prototyping Board for the PEB. For those interested in purchasing them, they are $25 each, shipped to a US address.

this is neat. this might get my bf interested in my lil ti. i could get a pbox out of this too. he assembles but does not invent stuff. anything that we build will have to be from plans. a thread on protoboard projects would be neat.

I believe there were a lot of potential protoboard projects identified in the TI Interface Standards and Design Guide book by Tony Lewis, TI-Sissy. There were a lot of them published in various user group newsletters as well. The P-GRAM card first showed up as a protoboard project in one of them, IIRC, as did a light pen board.

I believe there were a lot of potential protoboard projects identified in the TI Interface Standards and Design Guide book by Tony Lewis, TI-Sissy. There were a lot of them published in various user group newsletters as well. The P-GRAM card first showed up as a protoboard project in one of them, IIRC, as did a light pen board.

Hmmmmm, 'veddy interestink'. It looks like there may finally be a chance in H E double toothpick of me getting an RTC built. I know a guy who has a copy of the CorComp programming, so all I'd need to do is get a schematic, source the parts and...

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone who has the "TI Interface Standards and Design Guide" by Tony Lewis, check and see if they have "Section H. Miscellaneous Design Considerations"? (as well as the missing parts of Section I)

Sadly, those two seemingly important sections are missing from all the sources I have come across. Would love to get those if anyone can help.

hmmm.... is there a conspiracy theory going on here?!?!?

Cheers!

-Dano

Edited by CantStopClicking

• 4 months later...

Neat, now I just need another empty PEB to put the card in all my boxes are filled up.

I wonder what neat things people will think of? and build using this board now that is is available.

I would be fun to see this thread continue with the inclusion of at least a couple of "Step-By-Step Projects" that include lots of photos.

I feel that many people would like to build something for themselves, but don't think they are ready to tackle such a project. Back in the day, Heathkit showed a couple of generations that yes, they too could build it. Something in that format as a first kit project would have all the parts and pieces in a bag and all IC's would be socketed so the newbie would not have to worry about heat damaging the guts of the project.

The PDF instructions of any project could be posted in this thread for FREE, that way the interested could see in advance how simple the project would be. The instructions alone would probably sell a few kits. Just an idea.

Now of course 'someone' with the skills would have to build one of these first, document all their actions, taking lots of photos along the way, author the instructions, turn it all into a PDF and then upload it. Who said fame was easy?

Fantastic Ideas man!!!!

I would be fun to see this thread continue with the inclusion of at least a couple of "Step-By-Step Projects" that include lots of photos.

I feel that many people would like to build something for themselves, but don't think they are ready to tackle such a project. Back in the day, Heathkit showed a couple of generations that yes, they too could build it. Something in that format as a first kit project would have all the parts and pieces in a bag and all IC's would be socketed so the newbie would not have to worry about heat damaging the guts of the project.

The PDF instructions of any project could be posted in this thread for FREE, that way the interested could see in advance how simple the project would be. The instructions alone would probably sell a few kits. Just an idea.

Now of course 'someone' with the skills would have to build one of these first, document all their actions, taking lots of photos along the way, author the instructions, turn it all into a PDF and then upload it. Who said fame was easy?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

IIRC, there were several RTC variants for the protoboards. . .

You can see a picture of my RTC. It's the card with the battery on top. When I did that one, there was none available for purchase, at least none I was aware of at that time.

By coincidence, I use the same clock chip as later showed up on the P-GRAM card.

Funny enough, I noticed that when I run the configuration program (CFG) that comes with the ROS 8.14F for the Horizon RAMdisk, it scans the box for all cards it can find. It's unable to figure out what a standard p-code card is, but my one-card-in-the-world clock card it does identify correctly as a CLOCK CARD.

Edited by apersson850
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

Is there any technical documentation specific to the 2014 PEB prototype PCB? 

Like the details around the bits handled by the 74'125? RDBENA, and what else? And that archaic transistor ? Is it a TO-39 package? It is hard to search when the input is a picture...

Or is this not original work, and some prior documentation applies?

• Like 1

There isn't really any documentation specific to this board. All three of the protoboards designed for the TI have pretty much the same bus interface circuitry. At the time I did this one, the circuit for the LED was pretty much the standard TI circuit. Later boards I did switched to the 555 Timer circuit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1