IGNORED

What are the better cart game titles to get?

Cyrus649

Hello, I'm new to AtariAge and was surprize to find all the love for the Jaguar. I got my system back when KBToys was going out of business. So all my games I have, were from then only.

Iron Soldier, Dino Dudes, Kasumi Ninja, Checkered Flag, Zool 2, Flip Out!, CyberMoph, and Bubsy. I just ordered a copy of Iron Soldier 2, which is a title I've been hunting for for a long time... After I found out about it. I know about some of the bigger names like Rayman, Doom, Wolfinstien, AvsP. What are so titles I should be on the look for that are carts, since I don't own a Jaguar CD. Also, what titles I don't need the overlay? One more thing while I'm thinking of it... Is there another way to hook the system up other then the rf setup without modding that won't break the bank?

Hi, this place is great for info!

RGB cable for hooking up. 3rd party ones go cheap enough on ebay.

Atari Karts

Ultra vortex

NBA Jam

Raiden

Missile command

Tempest 2000

Cannon fodder

Super Burnout

Flashback

Breakout 2000

Just to name a few. Have a search though this site, there's a wealth if info.

Edited by Gulfman

Hi, this place is great for info!

RGB cable for hooking up. 3rd party ones go cheap enough on ebay.

Atari Karts

Ultra vortex

NBA Jam

Raiden

Missile command

Tempest 2000

Cannon fodder

Super Burnout

Flashback

Breakout 2000

Just to name a few. Have a search though this site, there's a wealth if info.

thanks, but is there a non scart way?

Never mind, Thanks to the listing at AtariAge, sorry I'm still trying yto figure out where everything is at, I found that they made av cables and I ordered one... Its more then I was hoping to pay but far more cheaper then the scart one. I understand scart has a better quality in video, I just don't have a way to use scart at this moment. I was just trying to get away from the rf coaxil input.

Now back to the games to get. :)

Reconditioned. Brad fixes them..probably better than new.i would get one while you can. Limit one per customer. There were only like 13 pr so cd games released, but lots of great homebrews that can be loaded via the CD player. Impulse x and the rocketeer are great...

how do you go to his store... been trying to

These Jag games should be top priority...

Tempest 2000(Best game on the Jaguar, period!)

Power Drive Rally(Best racing game)

Ultra Vortek(Best fighting game)

Raiden(Best shooter)

Doom(Best FPS)

NBA Jam TE(Best sports game)

Rayman(Best platformer)

other good Jaguar games..

Atari Karts

Alien vs Predator

Breakout 2000

Brutal Sports Football

Defender 2000

Flashback

Hyper Force

Pinball Fantasies

Pitfall

Super Burnout

Total Carnage

Trevor Mcfur

Wolfenstein 3D

There is also another very good game, but the developer is a douche and yeah, I won't talk about that said game (best thing to do is pretend it never existed).

Edited by SuperDork3000

Raiden(Best shooter)

Doom(Best FPS)

Rayman(Best platformer)

Atari Karts

Alien vs Predator

Breakout 2000

Brutal Sports Football

Defender 2000

Flashback

Hyper Force

Pinball Fantasies

Pitfall

Super Burnout

Total Carnage

Trevor Mcfur

Wolfenstein 3D

There is also another very good game, but the developer is a douche and yeah, I won't talk about that said game (best thing to do is pretend it never existed).

Thanks this will help

Raiden(Best shooter)

Doom(Best FPS)

Rayman(Best platformer)

Pretty much spot on! I'd definitely squeeze in SuperBurnout as THE best racer though, with Power Drive Rally just alongside. SuperBurnout is just a better racing experience vs PDR's super smooth overhead 1vs1 racer approach. IMO.

Well, don't talk about it then. Not talking about it, or being openly critical, would be a less douchey approach. Just, zero douche, all round really, would be best...

Raiden(Best shooter)

Doom(Best FPS)

Rayman(Best platformer)

Atari Karts

Alien vs Predator

Breakout 2000

Brutal Sports Football

Defender 2000

Flashback

Hyper Force

Pinball Fantasies

Pitfall

Super Burnout

Total Carnage

Trevor Mcfur

Wolfenstein 3D

Might that be the dev and game that isn't made anymore - despite continued demand for it even at $80+ new/used - yet dev complains about piracy and flash carts on Facebook? The same game that supports 32 Jags networked?

Note: "douche" is not my opinion. I just don't understand the "piracy" criticism when there's no true legal method available to ensure the creators continue to receive compensation from the enthusiast community.

As for Ultra Vortek, I wish Beyond Games would've just ported Battlewheels to the Jag instead of wasting time on a Mortal Kombat wanna-be. Networked Battlewheels - whether or not it would've been able to ComLynx to the Lynx - would've sold more Jags. I'm surprised Atari Corp didn't get Road Riot 4WD ported over from the Falcon030 for the very same reason. Hell, they could've added MIDI/ComLynx/JagLink etc. back to the Falcon030 version and then that title could've been networked between Falcons and Jags. So many blown opportunities.

Edited by Lynxpro

Hello, I'm new to AtariAge and was surprize to find all the love for the Jaguar. I got my system back when KBToys was going out of business. So all my games I have, were from then only.

Iron Soldier, Dino Dudes, Kasumi Ninja, Checkered Flag, Zool 2, Flip Out!, CyberMoph, and Bubsy. I just ordered a copy of Iron Soldier 2, which is a title I've been hunting for for a long time... After I found out about it. I know about some of the bigger names like Rayman, Doom, Wolfinstien, AvsP. What are so titles I should be on the look for that are carts, since I don't own a Jaguar CD. Also, what titles I don't need the overlay? One more thing while I'm thinking of it... Is there another way to hook the system up other then the rf setup without modding that won't break the bank?

Here's my HONEST opinion based on what "I" personally like, and what I think most others would like:

- Doom, it's fun on the Jaguar, it just is. I like playing it on the Jaguar just as much as I used to like playing it on the computer.

- Wolfenstein 3D, it's a GREAT game on the Jaguar... better graphics on the Jaguar than on the PC (came out last for this system I believe)

- Power Drive Rally, a LOT of fun, like RC ProAm for the Nintendo

- Tempest 2000 (awesome)

- Defender 2000 (I really like this game, it's intense, some people don't like it though, they think there's too much going on)

- Protector and Protector SE, for some reason, I really prefer the normal Protector version (although I have both). It's a Defender clone, but a bit more true to the original Defender (with MUCH better graphics than the original of course), and less "crazy" than Defender 2000.

- Hoverstrike

- I-War (one of the better games in my opinion)

- Fever Pitch Soccer (lots of fun to play)

- Iron Soldier 1 / 2, a lot like Mech Warrior, just not as much "heritage" to the line if you will.

- Pitfall

- SkyHammer (awesome game)

- Ultra Vortek (really good MK2 style fighting game)

- Impulse-X (better version of an Arkanoid style clone, awesome)

- Freefall+ (lots of fun, good music too)

There are others, but I'm trying to be honest and not just pick stuff that I like.

yes they made a scart to hdmi device

There's plenty of SCART to HDMI cables out on the market. My question is has anyone ever used such a device successfully with a Jaguar equipped with a SCART cable?

Similarly, I'd love to know if SCART to HDMI cables with with SCART equipped 7800s...

- Protector and Protector SE, for some reason, I really prefer the normal Protector version (although I have both).

This is an interesting perspective I've never seen voiced before.

I only own SE, so this of course makes me wonder; what is it about the original that you "really prefer"?

:)

This is an interesting perspective I've never seen voiced before.

I only own SE, so this of course makes me wonder; what is it about the original that you "really prefer"?

:)

I know, I thought it was odd that I came to that conclusion too since I found myself double-checking to make sure I had the right cartridge in. I've been hard-pressed to find any real differences in terms of graphical improvements. For one, I'd SWEAR that the music is more clear than in the SE verison. I THOUGHT I remember that SE had slightly improved music, but maybe fewer notes means more polyphony for fewer instruments! But that's total speculation at this point! What I DO know is that the SE version is more difficult than the non-SE version. The gameplay (while basically the same) seems easier in the non-SE version (AI might be different). Also, the cost for upgrades in the weapon shop are also cheaper in the standard version compared with the SE version. I mean, I've not done a Doctoral Thesis on it, but based on the hours I've spent playing both of them, I keep finding myself taking the SE version out and putting the normal one in.

Just looked it up, but this appears to be the areas that were different:

Work Item Status

Restore humanoids to start of level value if player is killed 100%

Add new music/audio 100%

Add new landscapes 100%

Add JagFree CD support 100%

Add BJL support 100%

Add new backgrounds 100%

Add JagFest 2001 pic 100%

Add indicator when all humanoids destroyed 100%

Enhance powerups 100%

New title screen 100%

Fix known bugs 100%

Radar improvements 100%

Combine difficulty levels into progressive set 100%

For what it's worth, the only difference in my title screen in the SE version versus the NON SE version is that it says special edition, otherwise, the title screen seems to be no different. I also remember this game as being one of the first that had BJL support... hard to believe this game was released 12 years ago? Doesn't feel like that long ago... but that was probably one of the biggest benefits of the cartridge I would assume.

Edited by 82-T/A

I know, I thought it was odd that I came to that conclusion too since I found myself double-checking to make sure I had the right cartridge in. I've been hard-pressed to find any real differences in terms of graphical improvements. For one, I'd SWEAR that the music is more clear than in the SE verison. I THOUGHT I remember that SE had slightly improved music, but maybe fewer notes means more polyphony for fewer instruments! But that's total speculation at this point! What I DO know is that the SE version is more difficult than the non-SE version. The gameplay (while basically the same) seems easier in the non-SE version (AI might be different). Also, the cost for upgrades in the weapon shop are also cheaper in the standard version compared with the SE version. I mean, I've not done a Doctoral Thesis on it, but based on the hours I've spent playing both of them, I keep finding myself taking the SE version out and putting the normal one in.

Just looked it up, but this appears to be the areas that were different:

Work Item Status

Restore humanoids to start of level value if player is killed 100%

Add new music/audio 100%

Add new landscapes 100%

Add JagFree CD support 100%

Add BJL support 100%

Add new backgrounds 100%

Add JagFest 2001 pic 100%

Add indicator when all humanoids destroyed 100%

Enhance powerups 100%

New title screen 100%

Fix known bugs 100%

Radar improvements 100%

Combine difficulty levels into progressive set 100%

For what it's worth, the only difference in my title screen in the SE version versus the NON SE version is that it says special edition, otherwise, the title screen seems to be no different. I also remember this game as being one of the first that had BJL support... hard to believe this game was released 12 years ago? Doesn't feel like that long ago... but that was probably one of the biggest benefits of the cartridge I would assume.

Wow. Thanks for all this info dude. Which... has just reminded me; I still owe you a DC list, huh? :lol:

I'll have to try and remember what we discussed re: DC vs the list requirements. From memory, I think you just wanted a list of kick ass DC titles to get into, no?