IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 7 Round 9 Jr. Pacman

zylon

Our game this round is Jr. Pacman. Use the version below or the carts from the AA store. Please post any bugs/problems found as we haven't run this one before and I only tested it with one level.

Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Play on default starting settings. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC records.

Round ends on Sunday, June 22nd 2014 @9pm EST

Since this round runs through Father's Day, the bonus game for those without Jr. Pacman will be the original 5200 Pacman. Show Dad some love. Also played on default settings.

HSC record: NONE yet...

Final Jr.Pacman scores:

45,640 sdamon +11

44,670 darthkur +10

38,610 JacobZu7zu7 +9

33,810 Kida0723 +8

25,120 roadrunner +7

22,270 zylon +6

19,780 MrBubble +5

18,220 NIKON +4

14,280 madbutscher +3

11,870 jblenkle +2

Pacman scores:

Jr Pac-Man (1984) (Atari) (U).bin

Pac-Man.BIN

Edited by zylon

Jr Pac 25,120

This game has at least 1 bug in it. watch the video i made

at 0:37 junior goes right thur the tricycle and around 2:00 I can't eat the last power pellet.

at the two minute mark the tricycle arrives at the last power pellet... normally it would destroy the pellet but you got killed at mid animation...and from what I can see there is no code sub routine to clear that anomoly.

as for going through the trike..well that happens in all the pac man series at the right conditions...like hitting the target when the frame animation is blank...you can go through the ghosts like that sometimes

• Like 1

at the two minute mark the tricycle arrives at the last power pellet... normally it would destroy the pellet but you got killed at mid animation...and from what I can see there is no code sub routine to clear that anomoly.

as for going through the trike..well that happens in all the pac man series at the right conditions...like hitting the target when the frame animation is blank...you can go through the ghosts like that sometimes

Good info :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats to defending champ, sdamon for narrowly taking the win and setting a new HSC record. :thumbsup: :cool: Thanks to all who played and have proven that this game makes the cut. See you all in Pole Position starting now...

Also, a welcome to our newest player: madbutscher, and a reminder that all are welcome to play; whether one game or a whole season. :) Join the dark side of Atari. :jango: :evil:

Final Jr.Pacman scores:
45,640 sdamon +11
44,670 darthkur +10
38,610 JacobZu7zu7 +9
33,810 Kida0723 +8
25,120 roadrunner +7
22,270 zylon +6
19,780 MrBubble +5
18,220 NIKON +4
14,280 madbutscher +3
11,870 jblenkle +2
Standings now updated and both categories are now tied at the middle of the season...
Edited by zylon
  • Like 2

Wasn't a good couple of weeks. Its was rough. Saying right now....game on next round!

Really sorry to hear things have been rough lately. Hope they're getting much better. Glad to hear you'll be able to "bring it on" next round! (I'm shocked that I have been able to catch up after the amazing start you had this season...time for you to get back to kicking my butt!) :-)

Also, a welcome to our newest player: madbutscher, and a reminder that all are welcome to play; whether one game or a whole season. :) Join the dark side of Atari.

I'll second that! Welcome aboard, madbutscher! Please stick around!

Really sorry to hear things have been rough lately. Hope they're getting much better. Glad to hear you'll be able to "bring it on" next round! (I'm shocked that I have been able to catch up after the amazing start you had this season...time for you to get back to kicking my butt!) :-)

I'll second that! Welcome aboard, madbutscher! Please stick around!

Yea get better Kida'... and you have been beatable the past few rounds... it never was like that lol. For me, I been having personal issues myself around the Dig Dug game, I played one game.. and far from personal best. Then I didn't compete in the main Robotron contest, (can't get the controllers together) kinda gave in.

Didn't play more then 3 times on Megamania, and not personal best there either.

So with those 3 game fumbles,... it cost me at least 5-10 points, I could be on your guys tail more or we coulda seen a 4 way, tie. hehe. Anyway I'm going to "BRING" it on Pole Position. Watch ma' smoke...

Welcome on in mad, and you made 3 points in the ranking so stick around and get out of last!

-

Current Standings: after 9 rounds

Kida0723 - 105

sdamon - 105

JacobZu7zu7 - 96

darthkur - 86

roadrunner - 67

atariron82 - 56

NIKON - 47

zylon - 47

GornThrifting - 30

Cafeman - 25

peedenmark7 - 25

ReflectionAngle - 20

Official Ninja - 17

jblenkle - 16

SIO2 - 13

MrBubble - 18

chuckwalla - 9

jfetzer - 7

madbutscher - 3

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Really sorry to hear things have been rough lately. Hope they're getting much better. Glad to hear you'll be able to "bring it on" next round! (I'm shocked that I have been able to catch up after the amazing start you had this season...time for you to get back to kicking my butt!)

Yea get better Kida'...

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it. My fiance's mom has been pretty sick for a while. Went to go see her often at the hospital. Unfortunately, she passed a little more than a week ago and the services were a few days ago. She was a great woman and she will be missed.

As far as this competition goes, the last few games except for Dig Dug, while very fun, I feel I'm not too good at them. Pole position is one of my favorite 5200 games so you better believe I'm going to bring my "A" game! So game on my friends!

(insert smack talk here!)

• Like 1