IGNORED

TI Cartridge Manuals Scans

Vorticon

I found today on one of my older back up USB memory sticks a complete set of high quality PDF scans of the manuals for all the official cartridges released by TI.

This is a really nice archive to have :)

You can download it here ftp://guest.tigameshelf.net@ftp.tigameshelf.net .

User Name is guest@tigameshelf.net

Password is TI99/4A (case sensitive).

Edited by Vorticon
  • Like 5

I found today on one of my older back up USB memory sticks a complete set of high quality PDF scans of the manuals for all the official cartridges released by TI..

WOW they are very very nice ! Thank you

just is important to mention that they are Manuals from the Cyc DVD that it is not for free distribution as I understand it.... for this i am doing re-scanning all manuals in 300dpi for use on my website.

I might have misunderstood or perhaps these directives have changed and I would save a lot of time if this material may be distributed freely.

WOW they are very very nice ! Thank you

just is important to mention that they are Manuals from the Cyc DVD that it is not for free distribution as I understand it.... for this i am doing re-scanning all manuals in 300dpi for use on my website.

I might have misunderstood or perhaps these directives have changed and I would save a lot of time if this material may be distributed freely.

I thought this might come up :) These scans were purchased in 1996 from Mike Wright for around $100 (a pretty penny at the time) as a service and delivered on a Zip disk, and I believe I paid for the work quite fairly. They predate the Cyc by many years and did not come with any copyright conditions. They were mine to use as I please. The fact that CADD slapped a copyright statement on the Cyc later on is not applicable to me as I don't own the Cyc (because CADD insists that it be purchased with PC99).

• Like 2

I thought this might come up :) These scans were purchased in 1996 from Mike Wright for around $100 (a pretty penny at the time) as a service and delivered on a Zip disk, and I believe I paid for the work quite fairly. They predate the Cyc by many years and did not come with any copyright conditions. They were mine to use as I please. The fact that CADD slapped a copyright statement on the Cyc later on is not applicable to me as I don't own the Cyc (because CADD insists that it be purchased with PC99).

a friend of mine purchased the Cyc DVD upgraded two days ago... i will wait it will arrive for check the material into it.

anyway i do not know if i could use these manuals for share them on my website like i done with some of them: >> HERE <<

i could ask to mike wright if it could be a problem.

Thank you for the explaination ;)

• 7 months later...

Sorry about that guys. Let me look into it tonight.

UPDATE: It looks like I had changed the password during the last site maintenance. I have restored the password to TI99/4A as indicated at the top of this thread. Please let me know if you are still having any issues accessing the file.

• Like 1

I made a mistake of adding the dash between TI and 99 the first time I tried to login. Logon failed--but when I typed it in as TI99/4A I was able to get in fine. I just tried again and it let me into the directory when I used the right password. Do you have any blocks set up to stop FTP traffic?

First, Thank you soooo much Vorticon for updating the password. This is easily one of the best TI related archivess I've ever d/l'ed. (just shy of the ti gameshelf complete software archive, which will probably remain permantly at the #1 spot)

Now the request...

Does anyone have a 300dpi scan of the Parker Bros' Popeye instruction sheet (or even better, an orginal 'manual' to sell?????).

I acquired a boxed cartridge recently, but it did not include a manual. Hate being anal like this, but the package just feels naked without it.

If I printed a decent quality scan on 12m glossy, it would somehow seem better than just having the cartridge in the box.

(of course a REAL manual would be the full can of spinach)

Still don't work for me. Registered User. Entered password TI99/4A nothing.

Then tried Registered User. guest@tigameshelf.net Enterered Passwork TI99/4A … still nothing.

Then clicked 'guest' Didn't request nothing… no dice

Still don't work for me. Registered User. Entered password TI99/4A nothing.

Then tried Registered User. guest@tigameshelf.net Enterered Passwork TI99/4A … still nothing.

Then clicked 'guest' Didn't request nothing… no dice

The link is working fine for me. Are you using guest@tigameshelf.net as a user name? Are you using all caps for the password?