IGNORED

TI Cartridge Manuals Scans

Vorticon

Still don't work for me. Registered User. Entered password TI99/4A nothing.

Then tried Registered User. guest@tigameshelf.net Enterered Passwork TI99/4A … still nothing.

Then clicked 'guest' Didn't request nothing… no dice

What browser are you using?

I got in with both Chrome on my tablet and Firefox on my PC. (although the download never completed on the tablet)

Chrome asked for both the usename (guest...) and password, while the Firefox promptbox already had the username, and I only had to enter « TI99/4A ».

I get a blank, white screen when I try.

and that's correct.

but there should be a pop-up that appears over the blank page...which makes me ask...

Do you have pop-up's blocked by default? If so you'd never see the pop up (possibly everyone's problem???)

post-40994-0-81097400-1423934548_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeBo

I found today on one of my older back up USB memory sticks a complete set of high quality PDF scans of the manuals for all the official cartridges released by TI.

This is a really nice archive to have :)

You can download it here ftp://guest.tigameshelf.net@ftp.tigameshelf.net .

User Name is guest@tigameshelf.net

Password is TI99/4A (case sensitive).

Hi Vorticon,

only a suggestion. Maybe you can change the password ie to TI994A (no /)

then the following link should work without popups and prompts:

(I hope so for Mac)

ftp://guest.tigameshelf.net:TI994A@ftp.tigameshelf.net

Hi Vorticon,

only a suggestion. Maybe you can change the password ie to TI994A (no /)

then the following link should work without popups and prompts:

(I hope so for Mac)

Chrome and IE do not like that link, and keep wanting to modify it. It's not such a big deal to have people enter the proper credentials since it will usually be a one off connection to download the file.

Chrome and IE do not like that link, and keep wanting to modify it. It's not such a big deal to have people enter the proper credentials since it will usually be a one off connection to download the file.

Yes, of course they do not like that link.

AA obviously struggled the first test-link, as you can see if you hover the mouse above it,

then you can see the raw link-text on the bottom of your (IE-)Browser, there appears another slash,

but this is not from me.

This is in crontrast to test-link #2 here:

Also make sure to make that link work and remove the slash ( / ) from the password on your ftp-server,

as this link here above is still >without< this slash ( / ).

I use this for long times and very often, works with all versions from IE, Chrome, Mozilla, Avant a.s.o.

Please feel free to try here:

ftp://u67140205-atariage:TeXasTI994A@toxic-instruments.com

RS

/EDIT/

another issue is the @ in the username, but my conversion here with the dot . should also work

in ftp-tools (with the username guest.bla instead of guest@bla )

But here maybe the same issues in browsers: they recognize slashs and ATs@ as

seperators inside the address, so this problem here may be in username AND password.

Edited by schmitzi

• 5 months later...

There are a lot of different manual variants. The early US (pixel picture), late US (flashy color cover), Canadian Bilingual (English/French with flashy cover, bisected vertically), early European (simple covers, multilingual), late European (flashy covers, multilingual). There are also some unique European ones in a single language (most often German, but there are others).

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Thank you! That is very kind of you. I appreciate it!

Everything else on the Internet wants to give me a solution, and I just want the list of possible commands and general instructions so I can figure it out myself!

Great scan, by the way, excellent quality!

Sorry I revoked access because I had bandwidth issues with Earthlink earlier in the year.

Understandable, FTP sites can get hammered, no matter what sort of limits you set up.

Looks like I got what I needed for the moment, so no worries, carry on!

Thanks for the reply!

I have scans/reproductions of 90% of TI-released manuals.

I too am now having trouble logging into the ftp site, so if folks would like, I can upload them to the Docs/Manuals thread so that they're stored somewhere where everyone can get to them.

Not sure of the source...got them a few years ago, but they are incredibly high quality - best I've seen actually.

There's a total of 128 of them so I won't post them until someone tells me that this is something that is

a) acceptable (they'll will pretty well take over the thread, even if I post a few per message,

b) desirable (hardly worth the hassle if no one really wants them).

I already posted my own 600dpi scans of all the Atarisoft manuals last year, along with a good chunk of the DataBiotics games (as well as some one-offs like Munchman II, Computer Wars, Strike 3, 4A Flyer etc) so if you're looking for non-TI releases, you might want to find that thread (if somethings not there, drop me a note, and if I have it, I'll scan it).

If all goes as I hope, I should have ALL of the Scholastic Spelling workbooks by week's-end as well, so I'll scan those as well. They're not really manuals, but if you have the carts - and kids - they're worth having as they supplement the software brilliantly with some fun analog activities. (do kids even know how to hold a pencil these days???) I have also never seen them among ANY other TI document scans, so they could be lost to time if they aren't archived digitally soon.

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1

Vorticon, I have a pretty underutilized website. I could probably host your files on my ftp also. If this is of interest to you let's work out some way to transfer them over. I could perhaps create an account just for you with upload privileges and when you're done, create a download account for everyone else. I'll have to review my contract and see what my UL/DL limits maybe if any. You can PM me if you like. I'll sit on any further actions until I hear from you.

• 1 year later...