IGNORED

Recently picked up my first ever original Playstation

Ross PK

Congratulations! This is a great system and there is lots to pick from in just about any genre.

Some of the classic arcade compilations have games that did not reappear on subsequent releases for later systems.

PSX games can still occasionally be found at thrift shops, but mostly just sports games -- though I did find Frogger this past weekend. :)

I picked up Heart of Darkness and X-Men Mutant Academy 2 last month. :P

There's a thread here from Metal Jesus with some great lists of games.

I have to agree with the arcade collections, there are some rare games included in some of them like the Konami Arcade classics which is underrated IMO. Its one of my favorite compilations.

Check out Lode Runner Returns, Xevious 3D/G+, Rayden Project, Qix Neo and Tempest X3.

I did a PS1 Hidden Gems series a while back. Check it out!

Hey man, on the day that I had got my Playstation I actually did a search on Youtube for 'Playstation' and 'gems', and your video came up in the results and I watched it.

I didn't know you had done a 2nd video, I'll check it out.

It's a good system with many classics, has a great port of Road Rash as well.

If you're an RPG gamer then there are loads of great RPGs available for it... if not, well there are geat games of all genres on it.

Avoid getting C&C: Red Alert for it though... either it's a bad port or the hardware doesn't cut it because the game lags like hell when there's a lot going on.

It's a good system with many classics, has a great port of Road Rash as well.

If you're an RPG gamer then there are loads of great RPGs available for it... if not, well there are geat games of all genres on it.

Avoid getting C&C: Red Alert for it though... either it's a bad port or the hardware doesn't cut it because the game lags like hell when there's a lot going on.

Ah, Road Rash! Do you know if it's the same as the N64 version?

Nah, it's this version:

It's a port of the one that was on the 3DO.

The PS1 also has Road Rash 3D and Road Rash Jailbreak so that's 3 different versions of Road Rash on the system as a whole.

Edited by SkullBlade
  • Like 1

Agreed on Road Rash. Excellent game on PS1. Also love the Doom port and Mega Man 8 and X4 are worth picking up as well.

And no discussion of the PS1 library is complete without mentioning Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.