IGNORED

Dan Kramer and Al Alcorn to talk at Sunnyvale, CA library June 14th

X900BattleGrape

Not really sure where to put this or if it's even appropriate, so feel free to move. Anyway, for anyone in the SF bay area.... :)

Saturday, June 14

10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunnyvale Public Library
Program Room
All day - Play original Atari games in the Library Program Room and Teen Area.
11 a.m. - Dan Kramer, Atari engineer, will talk about how he championed the creation of the Trak-Ball controllers for the Atari 2600.
Library Program Room.
2 p.m. - Al Alcorn will talk about the early days of Atari and his creation of PONG.
Adult Fiction Area.
  • Like 1

"Friggin' awesome" is what I'd categorize it as. Myself and a couple of others grabbed drinks with Dan Kramer after the event. And there were plenty of other Atari* alumni present as well, such as Jerry Jessop.

*Atari [Consumer] Inc. and Atari Coin/Games/Tengen/Midway alumni. I don't think anyone from Tramiel's Atari Corp identified themselves as such which kinda is a shame since the Lynx, Jaguar, XEGS, and STs were all represented there as well.

Edited by Lynxpro

Damnit! I wish I knew any of you guys, I'd have loved to get some drinks with you. Sadly I'm pretty introverted, so don't bother chatting anyone up really. Drat. Still, what a great time it was. Pictures soonish :)

Were you the guy with the DSLR taking pics?

My friend mentioned he saw someone with a Lytro there taking pics as well. And that's also not counting the guy wearing Google Glass there.

Were you the guy with the DSLR taking pics?

My friend mentioned he saw someone with a Lytro there taking pics as well. And that's also not counting the guy wearing Google Glass there.

Nope, though wish I had a DSLR since my gf (who took the pictures) is a fine arts graduate and great photographer; sadly it was cell phone pics only :) I had the OUYA t-shirt on. Here's a couple of pics for now, more to come.

29zread.jpg

5cd175.jpg

2agqbgk.jpg

10nxi01.jpg

r22nt2.jpg

j7gllw.jpg