IGNORED

New homebrew game 4XV by COLLECTORVISION

Rev

post-19433-0-97329900-1402455237_thumb.jpg

is proud to announce:

4XV

For the Mattel Intellivision!

A homebrew game to be released this Winter 2015/2015.

The game most similar to 4XV would be THRUST. But not a clone or port.

More details coming soon. Stay tuned.

This thread is only an announcement. NO pre-orders at this time.

[name not final]

[GAME IS A WORK IN PROGRESS]

post-19433-0-39644000-1402453887_thumb.gif

CLICK TO ANIMATE

http://intellivisionrevolution.com/entries/intellivision-homebrew-games/e3-2014-4xv-for-intellivision

[This game is in no way affiliated with Intellivision Revolution]

just helping out with promo! ;)

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 13

I sure hope the serial number game has run its course, to be honest. Is a sticker with a different number worth more? :P

Showing my ignorance... is the title a reference to another ... more widely recognized game?

A quick google search on 4XV shows that is the name for a Yamaha bike. Only connection I can see is the game programmer likes that bike (maybe)!

Looks promising, but I'm glad it's not happening for a while. I need to do other Intellivision stuff for a while. Like many have said before, I can't believe I'm complaining about too much new stuff coming out, but it's a lot to take in. Ahem, Rev. I said, "I can't believe I'm complaining about too much new stuff coming out, but it's a lot to take in!" :rolling:

Looks promising, but I'm glad it's not happening for a while. I need to do other Intellivision stuff for a while. Like many have said before, I can't believe I'm complaining about too much new stuff coming out, but it's a lot to take in. Ahem, Rev. I said, "I can't believe I'm complaining about too much new stuff coming out, but it's a lot to take in!" :rolling:

Lol!

Looks boring, hopefully it gets huge graphical improvements. Honestly, I get the feeling, that the average quality of homebrews sinks. Its really time for a new DZ Jay game, he seems to see more than just fast money in this community. Well, maybe I will be surprised, but I cant feel very happy with tons of game which seem to be okay, but not more.

Winter of 2015? At least from the animated GIF it looks like it's missing some game-play elements, like enemies or additional challenges, for instance. This would make sense if still has over a year of development to go.

I do question, however, why it's being announced with such furor this early, if indeed we won't see how it will actually look or play until much later. There are already plenty of announced "coming soon" games this year. Oh well.

Good luck, though, it looks like it has potential. :)

dZ.