IGNORED

The Jeffery Dahmer Files

bedouin

Yeah what's odd is that he's in a grocery store...I thought he went to the bar shopping for meat?

LOL.

That's Koppa's Deli In Milwaukee. I've heard about it in another thread where you can sit and play Atari games but I never visited the store.

Interesting info. I wonder if he actually was a frequent visitor/player there or if the film creators just said, "Hey, let's include this novelty place in Miwaukee."

I want this so bad. That would be a sweet toy.

Lloyd

Yeah, plus when friends come over to play you can tell them midway through the game that you wonder which controller Dahmer used and if he had just eaten some head cheese. Edited by bedouin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This thread just reminded me that the 7-11 near where I lived from 1981 until 1984 sold Atari 2600 cartridges. They were kept in a rotating plexiglass case near the cash register. I bought Turmoil and Riddle of the Sphinx there.

The only grocery store that I ever remember anything Atari being sold in was a grocery store chain called Alpha Beta (all of which closed or turned into Ralph's around 1993-1994, IIRC). In 1984 or 1985 they had a Christmas toy display that had Atari 2600 Jr's prominently featured.

Jeffery Dahmer was born in 1960, so he would have been 17 at the time the Atari VCS was released. That's well within the age group for Atari users, and I don't know if he was into Atari or not at any point, so it's unknown if he actually played Atari in that store. The thing about movies is that most everything you see is there for a reason, and rarely is the reason because it happened in reality. When it comes to films about actual historical events, there's alot of things never done, words never spoken, places never visited that happen because they're condensing reality into a 90 minute movie, yet they still want to convey certain things. In the case here, maybe they wanted to showcase something known to people in the area, or wanted to convey a specific time period, etc.

As for the whole Dahmer case, the one thing that is unbelievable, but true, was that Dahmer had kidnapped a 12 year old asian kid (Filipino I believe) who didn't speak a word of English, and had somehow managed to escape, and while running down the street ran into two cops, naked, bleeding from his rectum, and Dahmer came along and somehow convinced the cops that this 12 year old kid was his 19 year old gay lover with whom he was having a quarrel. Somehow these idiot cops were duped by this story and gave the kid back to Dahmer who... well, you can imagine what happened to the kid. He didn't make it.

As for the whole Dahmer case, the one thing that is unbelievable, but true, was that Dahmer had kidnapped a 12 year old asian kid (Filipino I believe) who didn't speak a word of English, and had somehow managed to escape, and while running down the street ran into two cops, naked, bleeding from his rectum, and Dahmer came along and somehow convinced the cops that this 12 year old kid was his 19 year old gay lover with whom he was having a quarrel. Somehow these idiot cops were duped by this story and gave the kid back to Dahmer who... well, you can imagine what happened to the kid. He didn't make it.

You're forgetting the real gem in this story: Dahmer had already drilled a hole in his skull at that point.