IGNORED

Adventure Demo - 7800basic

Is Atarious Maximus still working on the ROM in the OP? He and Pacman Red need to team up. Seriously. Throw in some collision detection and basic AI and you will have the most epic 7800 'brew in the history or 7800 'brews! :DI'm not

I'm not currently working on it, no. Pac-man-red's graphics sure make me want to start on it again, though! :) Thanks for sharing them Pac-man-red, they're great. I'm taking a break from coding for a while. I'll probably get back to this (or something else) early next year, I don't have anything specific planned right now.

• Like 3

I'm not currently working on it, no. Pac-man-red's graphics sure make me want to start on it again, though! :) Thanks for sharing them Pac-man-red, they're great. I'm taking a break from coding for a while. I'll probably get back to this (or something else) early next year, I don't have anything specific planned right now.

Thank you. :) And thank you for giving so much back to this community.

• Like 1

I have been following the thread and I have delayed answering.

PAC-MAN-RED, your work is amazing! you're a crack, I love your graphics.

What program you use to perform them?

Thanks, as always. ... and I follow the post of close, hehehe

Hey! Thank you very much! :)

I use two programs. For mobile creation on my Android cellphone, I use an app called Pixels Touch. The one I use for Windows PC is called Paint XP. However, it's not MSPaint, but a retooled version of the MSPaint in XP for use in Windows Vista and up. IF I were to create graphics for a more powerful graphic processor(SNES, Jaguar, PS, etc.) I would consider using something like Paint.NET.

Question regarding your "sprite" sheets: the 7800 pixels are far from square like NES/SNES. Your sprites may look fat on the game screen, just saying. But you were probably aware of that already...

Yes you're right. For the above Misc sprite sheet I left the sprites for the 7800 in their "expanded" state just to show what they would look like on an actual 7800.

Happy Halloween everyone! :skull:

Beholder Boss (7800 view)

post-26314-0-05684800-1446294600_thumb.png

Just an idea for a possible boss monster. This giant beholder would be stationary, with the central iris being able to move to look at the player, while the eye's on the stalks could swirl around on them and would have to be destroyed - leaving a empty eye stalk.

• Like 8

Amazing word, Pac-Man-Red! You're very talented!

I'm a little confused about some of the sprite examples you've given, though. Forgive my ignorance, but I assume that with most of the spritesheets you've posted, the Zelda sprites are on the left and you give your own take on the right. I noticed in a couple instances, though, that your versions use 4 colors instead of the limit of 3 (such as with the compass and book sprites in this post). Are those just rare examples where a sprite would actually be made up of two overlapping sprites (as would need to be the case for the supersprite of the bosses you posted above)?