IGNORED

Boognish523 - Air Raid for sale

boognish523

Good luck. :) Congrats on the baby.

@OSRG: DON'T POST YOUR USUAL ANTAGONISTIC RESPONSE!

Oh you must mean my response that asks for a reasonable reference or feedback when selling a pricey item? Well of course if you are vouching for him I would not dream of it. Good luck with the sale. ;)

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

Oh you must mean my response that asks for a reasonable reference or feedback when selling a pricey item? Well of course if you are vouching for him I would not dream of it. Good luck with the sale. ;)

When you are actually interested in BUYING an item, ask all you want, leave people alone when you have no interest in the item in the first place.

I am not vouching, I just remember him finding it 7 years ago.

• Like 1

I don't know if you would want to, but naphtha (zippo lighter fluid) may remove the silver pen from the back.

I wouldn't use anything abrasive (even like magic eraser abrasive) though. If it did not wipe off with naphtha, it will completely evaporate and not harm plastic (or paper).

I was able to remove silver and permanent marker from labels with naphtha. These were just for my collected carts that I have cleaned, not in preparing for selling, although I personally wish people would lightly clean grimy classic gaming eBay items. It seems I have to clean everything I get from eBay. Isn't the point to get this most money for your auction? Real auction houses clean and repair items before sale day...

But for something this rare, I would probably want it with the name more than with visible abrasion on the back where the name was removed.

My thoughts were the same when I saw it. I remember my Dad always writing our name on the back of games so they wouldn't get mixed up with the neighbors'.

When you are actually interested in BUYING an item, ask all you want, leave people alone when you have no interest in the item in the first place.

I am not vouching, I just remember him finding it 7 years ago.

Is that an order? :roll: Perhaps I have an "interest" in every item posted for all you know. :P

Yes when I saw the link showing when he posted back in 2007 that cleared it up, more effective then barking orders with no explanation ;) .

Otherwise I will inquire and ask ALL I WANT in future when I see fit thank you very much, there is no rule against it so if you have an issue with it, well that's a shame.

• Like 1

Nice. Do you have a video of the game cart working? Air Raid (played on a Harmony cart) rolls my CRT, LOL :P

Good luck with the sale. I second the other users just leave the name alone and let the buyer remove it if he wants. The game is valuable enough regardless of condition as I think like only 25 of them were produced.

EDIT: Be wary of troll bidders on eBay and even Game Gavel has been plagued with them recently. It is a nuisance to try to sell high dollar collectables when any bloke with a PC and internet connection can bid them up for sh!ts and giggles.

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Yes.

I don't DO orders thanks. Be sure to let me know if I break some rule or guideline though. Now, let's stop filling this nice sales thread with nonsense shall we? Feel free to PM if you've more interesting comments. I'd PM you instead of responding here but of course you made that impossible for me some time ago.

Cleaning it would be silly, who looks at the back anyways when it's

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/105059-i-am-updating-the-air-raid-registry/page-2

Yeah, I posted on it back in 2007 here, have been sitting on it (not literally) for the last 7 waiting.

Budget is busted :(

Ahhh, back in the old days when I had time to be a pseudo troll, I remember this one :)