IGNORED

Italy's Goal Tonight

snicklin

Forgot to mention that the picture needed to occur more times than it did in the England net. Will learn for the Uruguay game.

As for the best football games for the Atari 8 bit, personally I like the first one. "Soccer" from Thorn EMI. It had one or two problems with not picking up the ball when you are close to it, but other than that, it's one of the best games.

"Fantastic Soccer" from Zeppelin was not so fantastic in my opinion. And my "Kick Off" cassette would never load, so it was immediately no good without me playing it.

• Like 1

I tried it using Atari800WinPLus... how to enable the tip animator in this emulator?

Clipboard01.jpg

Goooaaallll !!

And if your team did not score enough, here is a goal for you...

Goal.XEX / GOAL.ATR: requires 576k RAM to load, OlivierP (PAL) palette, tip animator 2xB

Well,

the animation is just a XEX-file or ATR-image (with XEX-file on it). Thus, use the pull-down menu "Atari" and set a) machine type to XL/XE (requires AtariXL.ROM in the emulator), b) memory size to 576k or 1088k RAM, c) video system to PAL and d) options = Basic off, speed 100% (while loading you may set it to full speed). In the pull-down menu "Display" set the palette to OlivierP.ACT (if you have that palette available) and resolution to 672x480 (windowed) or 1024x768.

The *.XEX file or *.ATR image should work then. If you choose the ATR image and 100% Atari speed, loading will take quite a long time. Errmm, its not possible to enable something like tip animator in the emulator, the note "tip animator 2xB" was just to inform you that I used this tip animator version to create the animation (okay, the note was incomplete)...

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Ran fine with the XEX file. Nice job, BTW.

Errmm, its not possible to enable something like tip animator in the emulator, the note "tip animator 2xB" was just to inform you that I used this tip animator version to create the animation (okay, the note was incomplete)...

Well,

I was bored a bit, so I created a new version of the GOAL animation. While the old version had approx. 80x50 pixels (visible) resolution and required 576k RAM to load, the new version has approx. 100x70 pixels (visible) resolution and requires only 320k RAM to load. How did I achieve a higher (visible) resolution with lower RAM requirements ? Well, I simply did cut down the framerate, which you do not notice on the A8.

GOAL_laoo_320k.XEX: Goal animation with Laoo palette, requires 320k RAM to load, has 54 frames; latest tip-animator 2xB was used (allthough it still shows the old date), XEX file is not packed

GOAL_olip_320k.XEX: the same GOAL animation with OlivierP palette, requires 320k RAM to load, has 54 frames; latest tip-animator 2xB was used (which still shows the old date), XEX-file is not packed

GOAL.ATR: the OlivierP file-version on a bootable ATR-image for use with real Ataris and real or emulated floppy drives; the 300k file was packed with Exomizer to fit on a 180k diskette/image

All versions are available in the zip file...

goal_320k.zip

• Like 1