IGNORED

Famicom Network and SFC NTT Drop in PCB interest list

grips03

did you work on the ntt data pcb since its the standar thikness or you wait more order ???

I've done zero. I'm testing a few games and about to test the Intv composite video board. Once I wrap up a few things I'll move on to the NTT Data board. So little time these days.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Since grips03 declared this project dead, I decided to take a crack at it. Unfortunately, I failed with my first attempt as well... However, I have now successfully designed a drop in PCB for the Super Famicom NTT Data controller and had some printed for anyone who's interested. They fit great and function flawlessly. I also have a handful of finished controllers with the PCB's already installed.

- PCB with diodes soldered -- $100

- Complete controller with brand new cable (approx. 7 ft.) -- $165

These prices do not include shipping... PM me if interested.

Also, I've already gone ahead and designed a PCB for the Famicom Network controller and will have some printed if there's sufficient interest to cover costs...

post-26765-0-16194300-1444646727_thumb.jpgpost-26765-0-52430800-1444646733_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I second what chart45 just said. Outstanding finished product AtariGuy1021!

Now to write up a quick and clear guide for future enthusiasts to connect a Super Action Controller cable. Would love to include a surface mount connector. If I have time, I'll work on it!

The other cool idea I want to implement, is a run of nice decals to place over the Nintendo labels.

• Like 1

The other cool idea I want to implement, is a run of nice decals to place over the Nintendo labels.

I planned on doing some printed silver overlays for the Famicom Network controllers. I think the whole faceplate is a decal? I'm getting one shipped from Japan, so it should be here in a week or so.

I've done circuit overlay screen printing before, so I think I can come up with a decal for the Famicom Network controller.

Just bouncing ideas around, but I thought a black outlined lightning bolt with a rainbow gradient would look sharp on the silver. It could have black text on some part of it saying "Lightning Action Controller" or "Lightning Response Controller."

I just need to know where the extra buttons will be mapped.

• Like 2

I just need to know where the extra buttons will be mapped.

Right now I have them mapped (I believe) the way that Chart45 suggested...

B = Left Fire Button

A and Start (>) = Right Fire Button

C and Select (>) = SAC button #3

. (Decimal) = SAC button #4

If you guys can confirm that this is the ideal layout of the buttons I will go ahead and have the PCB's printed this upcoming week. Keep your fingers crossed that my first attempt is successful so I can offer the boards at a lower price than the others. Unfortunately, my mistake with the NTT PCB's cost me a bit of money...

Edited by atariguy1021

I planned on doing some printed silver overlays for the Famicom Network controllers. I think the whole faceplate is a decal? I'm getting one shipped from Japan, so it should be here in a week or so.

Cool to hear! I have had a template drawn and ready to cut for well over a year, but haven't had time to continue progress on it. I have been thinking about pushing it to production recently.

post-28334-0-92621000-1445655556_thumb.png

Just bouncing ideas around, but I thought a black outlined lightning bolt with a rainbow gradient would look sharp on the silver. It could have black text on some part of it saying "Lightning Action Controller" or "Lightning Response Controller."

Cool ideas! I like the suggestions here. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

;)

ColecoVision Presents:

Super Action Pad

post-37932-0-50504200-1445676747_thumb.png

Edit: Please keep me posted on a controller overlay sticker, I'd buy a couple in a flash!

I already thought about having some stickers made last year but it was costly and never pursued it.

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 3

I can have some prototypes cut this weekend. But I want to pour some R&D time into this (which is often the hold-up), experimenting with sticker materials, printing, and logo design.

Now that Silicone Toad posted that black overlay, I'm kinda torn between a silver or a gloss black overlay.

The button lay out looks good to me, btw.

I simply took Phatty's pic and put some black on it with a logo real quick. I'm sure he can do way better as far as design, that was just a mockup.

DD did a good job on his controllers a few years ago. Never tried peeling off the existing sticker but you could probably scan that and throw a better CV logo on it with Super Control Pad or whatever you want to call it.

It would be nice to find a material similar to whats already on the controller, a flat or semi-flat black with a textured feel.

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 1