IGNORED

H.E.R.O. Value?

Noah98

I really want the Colecovision version of H.E.R.O. for my collection but it seems to be quite expensive. How much should I expect to pay? Whenever it's on ebay it seems to be priced high. I remember this game being popular when it came out, but now even the 2600 version is not cheap! Should I hold out for a good deal or suck it up and pay more?

I would expect a loose cartridge to run you between 20-30 dollars for this game. Sometimes you can catch a deal on ebay or through the marketplace here to save you a couple bucks. There is an auction on ebay at 24.95. I have dealt with that seller before and had good service. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/H-E-R-O-for-Colecovision-Activision-1984-HERO-Awesome-game-R-A-R-E-/291169583799?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43cb0f42b7

That price of $24 via Auction and $30 via BIN seems to be considerably high for a loose cartridge of H.E.R.O., but then again, everything goes in cycles and there doesn't seem to be a lot of them available right now so the asking price reflects this.

If you are interested, Noah98, I have an extra boxed version with manual of HERO that I'd be willing to sell you for $25 plus shipping. The box, manual and cart are all in very good condition and I just need to re-test the cart as I haven't used it in a number of years (full disclosure... the box is missing the plastic cart holder insert). If you are interested, send me a PM or post here and I'd be happy to take some pictures for you.

That price of $24 via Auction and $30 via BIN seems to be considerably high for a loose cartridge of H.E.R.O., but then again, everything goes in cycles and there doesn't seem to be a lot of them available right now so the asking price reflects this.

If you are interested, Noah98, I have an extra boxed version with manual of HERO that I'd be willing to sell you for $25 plus shipping. The box, manual and cart are all in very good condition and I just need to re-test the cart as I haven't used it in a number of years (full disclosure... the box is missing the plastic cart holder insert). If you are interested, send me a PM or post here and I'd be happy to take some pictures for you.

That would be great! Definitely interested!

Thats a screamin' deal for $25, i'd grab it if i were you.. Its a great game too, one of my personal favorites that i've had CIB for years now but the box has seen better days.

On the other, sealed on ebay for $49.95.. its definitely legit. :thumbsup:

I've bought lots of games from them and hes been very good to me thus far, i hope to do more business with them again soon. Just read the item descriptions carefully, as there's lots of UK versions and lots of old Telegames stock but they all play the same.. they're region free but different style carts and packaging in most cases.

The only thing that bothers me is the photocopied manuals on some games but i guess its better than no manual at all.. Some come with boxes but most seem to have a clam shell type case, others are loose but all are brand new, unless stated otherwise. ;)

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

On the other, sealed on ebay for $49.95.. its definitely legit. :thumbsup:

Wow! That is truly a great price for a Sealed H.E.R.O.! Well, I guess, since I don't collect sealed games and if I needed it for my collection, the shrinkwrap would be carefully cut at the top of the box to get at the contents. I've acquired a number of sealed games over the years and in all cases, I have opened them. I know some will say "bloody sacriledge" to this, but I absolutely love being the one to open up a box for the first time in 30 years and looking over all the minty contents.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...