IGNORED

NEW VIDEO GAME CONSOLE THREAT

A2600

Infinium Labs Announces Plans For High Performance Game Console

New Gaming Console To Take Game Performance To Highest Level -

Bundled With More Games Than Any Competitor

Longboat Key, Florida – January 20, 2003 - A Tampa Bay area technology company, Infinium Labs Corporation, will develop and market a new game console that will outperform the XBOX, Sony Playstation II, and GameCube.

The company plans to market a high performance gaming console and delivery system to provide consumers with options and capabilities that are not available in today’s marketplace. The console will appeal to the hard-core gamer and the high end consumer electronic purchaser. This next generation game console provides a robust, fault tolerant delivery system that supports games on demand, game rentals, game demos, seamless upgrades and patch management. The game console is an “ALWAYS ON BROADBAND DEVICE.” It is easy enough for children to use independently yet so advanced it exceeds the needs of hard-core gamers.

Infinium Labs was formed by veteran entrepreneurs who have a successful track record in building large scale companies and advanced architectures for supporting massive eCommerce and enterprise applications. Combining skills from Telco, Data Communications, Digital Rights Management, Software Development and Security, the management team brings together a unique array of skills to develop the most robust next generation gaming console and delivery network on the market.

The Infinium Labs game console features a high tech design and offers ease of use for the variety of game players worldwide. The on-demand delivery system will appeal to hard-core gamers as well as casual users. The unique design architecture allows for delivery of a large number of games and the ability to participate in online massive multiplayer gaming. Key features include:

· Fastest console on the market

· Broadest selection of preloaded games

· Cross Platform capabilities

· State of the art design and architecture

· Advanced accessories and wireless capabilities

· Online connectivity for multi player gaming

· Seamless upgrades and patch management

· A multi tiered subscription service that meets the needs of casual, moderate and hard-core game players

· Demo games before purchasing or subscribing

· Games on demand

· Game Rentals

The advanced system provides game developers and publishers a secure and efficient software distribution system. Infinium Labs intends for game developers and publishers to reap greater profits using this new game delivery system.

Infinium Labs has engineered its prototypes and expects to unveil the new gaming console in March of 2003. The company intends to launch the game console to the U.S. consumer market by November 2003.

Infinium Labs has chosen Florida as its corporate headquarters. Florida has emerged as a leader in support of technology companies with its eFlorida initiative. Offices will also open soon in Silicon Valley and St. Louis, Missouri.

About Infinium Labs

Infinium Labs Corporation was formed in October 2002 as a global entertainment/gaming company. Infinium Labs’ mission is to market a gaming console and delivery system that will be the performance leader in the game playing entertainment industry. The company will market a robust game console that will appeal to a wide audience with its ease of use, quality assurance and robust delivery system. For more information, contact Steve Chilton at 877-485-5962 or visit www.infiniumlabs.com.

i don`t beleive one word of it. Number one, who has heard of infinium labs??

two, why haven`t we heard anything about the games being developed for it???

and three... well i can`t think of a three....

anyways, if it shows up at E3 in real life, then it may be for real and not just some vaporware.

On a side note, there was going to be a open source console that would ship around the same times as the X-Box and the GameCube. But the company couldn`t afford to make it. so it went under. i just can`t think of the name... anyone know what it was??

It's Indrema. I liked the idea of the open source console, but I hated that they were trying to make it almost like a set top box, a miracle mcahine to do everything! Surf the web, use as a Tivo, email, gaming, shower your dog...and so on.....I think they focused waaay too much on the extras and looked way to far down the road instead of...{{insert Quigon Jin}} "Keeping their focus on the here and now", if I wanted a Tivo i woulda bought a tivo, if i want to surf the web and email, I have my computer.....and so on, but an open source console would have been sweet, especially since it was based on Linux.

You guys are laughing now, but just wait... this thing will come out and revolutionize the gaming industry. Not only will the X-Box, PS2 and Gamecube fall to it's awesome power, but Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo will all go completely bankrupt and out of business.

After all, how can you compete against something that has 30,000 games already? After all, those 10,000-in-1 games are certainly giving the GBA a run for it's money...

--Zero

You guys are laughing now, but just wait... this thing will come out and revolutionize the gaming industry. Not only will the X-Box, PS2 and Gamecube fall to it's awesome power, but Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo will all go completely bankrupt and out of business.

After all, how can you compete against something that has 30,000 games already? After all, those 10,000-in-1 games are certainly giving the GBA a run for it's money...

--Zero

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

This system if it is real is going to die a quick death. No system can survive without support from game makers and they already have enough work trying to support the current consoles. I doubt very much a new system could come in and do well against the current consoles (even Microsoft with all its money is having a tough go of it getting the Xbox to catch up to the Playstation).

At least we'll get some more interesting console wars going if it's real:

"GC rules, XBox PS2 suck"

"No way! :x PS2 rulz! GC, XBox SUCK!!"

"Screw you!!! :x :x XBox Rocks!! GC, PS2 suck A**!!!"

"You numbnuts! Everyone knows the Phantom kicks all those other puny console's asses! It is the most powerful, funnest, best game library....oh wait where'd it go?"

post-2859-1048998279.jpg

I had emailed them with several questions, and plenty of jokes.

"the phantom" replied back after about 2-3 weeks

Of course i had to reinstall my isp program after i got the email cuz something went wrong and i lost the email.

But "the phantom" told me that it was real and that they wouldnt put al lthis work into it if it was just a joke,

also said they'll be unvieling it at E3 this year :roll:

he answered none of my questions which lead me to believe that this is possibly just a hoax, april fools joke, or whatever. Has any magazine made any comment about this? any game mag sites? or ANYHTING?

i mean if its real its real, i stil have some possible beliefe that it could be, but my mind is saying no right now

I'd like it to be real, its been a while since we've had a small time games console on the market like we did back in the CD32 days (even though commodore were a super established games co.). Of course, even if it is real- it'll never work out here in Europe as very few have broadband. But to hell with the fact that we currently represent a greater part of the market than Japan, they'll manage without us!

Chances are when they say it plays 30,000 games, they mean it's compatible with either PC or PSX or something... I'm pretty sure they realize no one buys those 10,000-in-1 handheld games.

I actually wish it the best of luck... it's getting about the same reception that Indrema did, but who knows? Maybe this time they have a chance. I never thought Sony would have a chance in the console market, yet here we are today...

--Zero

Has any magazine made any comment about this? any game mag sites? or ANYHTING?

i mean if its real its real' date=' i stil have some possible beliefe that it could be, but my mind is saying no right now[/color']

I picked up the newest issue of EGM yesterday, and suprisingly, they talked about the Phantom! Here's what they said:

"When we heard about start-up INfinium Labs' plan to launch an ultrapowerful broadband-only console called Phantom (www.phantom.net)- by this Christmas- the flimflam meter hit 10 and exploded. We were convinced it was a hoax; the company wouldn't return our calls or e-mails, the word "infinium" is already trademarked by another company, and Infinium Labs' listed address is actually a Mail Boxes Etc. in Florida. But after much digging, we can confirm that the Phantom is real- real ambitious and real unlikely to succeed, but real nonetheless. The plan is for Phantom to play regular PC games preloaded on the system, downloaded from Infinium's servers, or on a pay-per-play basis via a subscription service. Think of it as DirectTV for gamers. Good luck, Infinium Labs, or whatever your name is once the lawyers get done with you.

Rough* Phantom Specs

Windows XPe operating system

2.0+GHz Intel or AMD CPU

256-512 MB DDR RAM

High-capacity hard drive

Wireless network card

Wireless controller, keyboard, mouse

Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound

$600+ retail price

(Source: Infinium Labs' VP of Retail Sales Jason McDermott's now-deleted posts on Internet message boards.)

*so very, very rough"

Ah, I had a feeling it would be PC compatible... If this works well, it could be decent. There's a lot of good PC games, but the hassle of having to install them on a hard drive, and concern yourself with system requirements is a pain in the ass.

Unfortunately, I'm not convinced that Infinium has solved either of those problems... you'll still have to install it on the hard drive somehow (After all, they certainly didn't re-program 32,000 games to work with the system), which could involve long download times... plus, if this thing is restricted to PC games, then it'll still eventually be left in the dust. In the end, I can't see that it'll be anything more than an all-in-one computer where you get a cable modem and controller included. Hate to be pessimistic, but this kind of fails to work into the niche that it would be relying on.

--Zero

• 1 month later...

Who cares, it's just going to be a pay per play PC. We already got PC's so we don't need another just for games.

And can you imagine how long it will take to download a decent game.... It would be quicker to go to the shops and buy one.

the more i hear about this system i less i think console and more i think computer. doesn't anyone else see the idea of this phantom thing alot like that of those old computers you hooked up to your tv. i at home right now have a adam family computer from the early eighties. it's a computer that doubles as a coleco vision.this hear seems to be the same thing to me

the more i hear about this system i less i think console and more i think computer. doesn't anyone else see the idea of this phantom thing alot like that of those old computers you hooked up to your tv. i at home right now have a adam family computer from the early eighties. it's a computer that doubles as a coleco vision.this hear seems to be the same thing to me

That's kinda what I'm thinking...