IGNORED

JetPack! available for sale - ColecoVision homebrew

5-11under

Are the rocks and diamonds random, making the game play different each time?

Good question. Quick answer: it's random, so each game will be different. Slower answer...

The diamonds appear at regular intervals, although I think there's a bit of randomness there. There are also select periods of time when they arrive more often. The height of the diamonds is random. The order of the diamonds is fixed, giving the bonuses 1000 points (yellow), bomb (blue), 1000 points (yellow), life (purple)... (repeat). The color of the diamond matches the color of the score (yellow), and lives/bombs indicators (purple, blue).

The rocks also appear at regular intervals with some randomness included. Also, to stop the game from being too easy (especially on the earlier levels), there is about a 20% chance (or is it 25%?) that the rock will start at the same vertical position as the player. Besides that, the starting height of the rocks is random.

As you progress through the levels, the difficulty increases. The rocks sometimes move a bit faster, they usually arrive more often, and they "gravitate" towards your current vertical position.

Edited by 5-11under

I'm approaching 30 reservations, it looks like. That'll empty my current stock. As mentioned, I hope to reply to the PMs sometime tonight with PayPal information.

If anyone else wants one or more, feel free to send a PM, and I'll be able to either fit you into this run or the next.

• Like 2

Oops, sorry. I'm not sure what happened.

The initial 30 are reserved. I should be able to make a few more on the weekend, so I'll get back to you when I have them made.

If anyone still wants one, please send a PM.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad these are starting to arrive, and thanks for the quick review, digress!

I still need to ship a few more of these... Thursday/Friday is the plan!

After these are shipped out, I'll make some more, then contact those who've requested one after the first 30 were already sold out.