IGNORED

SERVICE OFFERED: Free McBoot Installation and Open PS2 Loader HDD Setup

JohnnyBlaze

Calling all PS2 owners:

Have a bunch of extra memory cards? Want to play games off of an IDE Hard Drive and Network Adapter? Don't want to spend money on a modchip that cannot be switched between systems?

Then Free McBoot is what you need.

How do you get Free McBoot? By taking your memory card here to get it installed!

I can install Free McBoot on your memory card for free provided you have the memory card.

I also can setup any old IDE hard drive, provided it fits in the network adapter with any games you want, provided they fit and you own the games in question. Setting this up though does constitute a fee as it is labor intensive, but I assure you that it's small. Free McBoot is free to install as it only takes minutes.

You can either bring your memory card and hard drive here or you can mail it to me. Keep in mind that you WILL have to pay shipping here and back to you regardless of what service you want, even for the free Free McBoot install. The service is free, but shipping isn't.

I can usually ship them back with a Priority Mail flat rate box for the hard drive and memory card and a Priority Mail flat rate envelope for just the memory card. It's only $5.30 through PayPal, so I'd recommend that also because it's a safer method. You can either PayPal me funds to return the items sent or just send a prepaid label with the correct postage.

I'm located in NJ if you prefer to come in person. The hard drive can be done in a few hours, the memory card in mere minutes. So, while you might get the memory card done immediately, the hard drive would need to be left to do that most likely.

I should also state that all Free McBoot installs I perform are the multi-system version, which means you can play it in almost any PS2 console, even slims except for the last version of it that blocked the exploit. The IDE Hard Drives can only be used on Phat PS2. USB is the worst when it comes to reading games as the PS2 only has USB 1.1, which is why I don't do them. Also, it doesn't matter if your disc drive is broken as the games don't need a boot disc or anything to run off the hard drive. It's a cost effective method to revive a seemingly dead PS2 and without the need to open it up either.

If you're interested or have any questions feel free to PM me.

One more thing, before you ask, I do know people on here sell memory cards with it, but they won't have them in forever and besides, I know many PS2 owners have multiple memory cards as is, so the last thing they'd want is another memory card. They want to use what they have. This service is more for them, and the HDD service is more for everyone.

EDIT:

If you want to know if your hard drive of choice will work with the network adapter, please consult this compatibility list:

http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list

It's a PS2 Hard Drive Compatibility list. It tells you the model number, brand, size, whether it will fit, and whether it will work. This will save us both time and you money, especially if you're looking to buy a hard drive for the system.

EDIT2:

Unlike some people who shall remain nameless who charge up the ass for an inferior product, won't support it, and hides behind douchebaggery and "it's a hobby", I shall show what REAL customer service is all about!

Therefore, I will publicly state that all Free McBoot memory cards and hard drives I work on will come with a warranty label. As long as this is on your device, and you pay shipping here and back, you will be able to get a free warranty for the life of the memory card and drive. Also, if you want new games added and removed, I will also do this free of charge for the life of the drive. ONE PRICE, ONE DRIVE. There of course is a fee for shipping. Can't help that. But after the initial fee, as long as that sticker remains on there, I will exchange the games free of a fee.

This is to insure that unlike overnighters who are in this hobby for the money, you can count on a mod you get from me to be everything you expect it to be.

Also, if the mods will let me(as they are newer systems), I also plan on modding for PS3(must be on 3.55 or already on custom firmware) and Wii. If you have a WODE for the Wii, I can install those as I have one on mine. Be honest, I'd recommend that over a softmodded as it seems to have less issues running games and you can also play GameCube games if your Wii is backwards compatible. You just won't get the streaming audio, but you won't really miss it that much.

So, there you have it. Quality you can TRUST.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Cool! I do need to get mine done as it's gathering dust these day. I'll dig up my spare part drives and see if I have a working IDE drive.

PS some people have used IDE <-> SATA adapter and 2.5" SATA drive with luck but it's hit or miss.

It depends on the adapter being used. I have one that I got for $10 to test to see. The biggest thing is that it has to fit in the network adapter or else you're going to have a clutter of ribbon cable and molex. Also, the hard drive won't stand up. The only thing keeping the HDD in the PS2 is the connection itself. Without it, it would move around.

Also, I hear that not a lot of SATA drives are compatible as it looks for a certain file table or something. With Open PS2 Loader, the game limit is 150, so it's not like you'd need a drive over 500GB anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...