IGNORED

New Jaguar owner

ravard

I am putting together a white jaguar CD system (thanks Paul!) and I have to say some of the prices are perplexing. There are 10 copies of Rayman listed. All over $75! I have searched the boards and read about the Pro Controller, Battlesphere, etc. It's a bit daunting. But I hope to have fun with what I can afford.

Welcome in the wonderful Jaguar world :grin:

Don't be afraid of mad prices: now you have a Jag you will learn to do the math...

Mad prices are for few items only and it is still possible to find cheap games nowaday.

Now be aware that the Jag is vintage and far less sold than most of the other systems: if it was possible to find good bargain by the past, today prices are increasing.

Next to that, the Jag has a lot of homebrew games and most of them are free: my advice is to considere buying a Skunkcard to load them and play it on your Jag or (and this is my preference) to find a Jaguar CD and to burn those games on CD-R.

Atari Jaguar prices are so up and down. I picked up a complete copy of Iron Soldier a few months ago for $1(Yes one whole dollar!). At that same time other copies were selling for $20+. With a lot of patience and luck you can get Jaguar games for next to nothing.

I think that's one of the draws to Atari Jaguar collecting because the prices are all over the place.

I'm in a similar spot. I'm a second time jag owner, having sold my first console (and all 2 games I had for it) a few years ago. Just recently picked up a small console lot with two controllers, val disere and club drive. Unfortunately the cartridge slot of this system has bent and broken contacts and does not function at all, so I need to find a replacement console already - but my goal is still to build up a small library of the jag games that I find interesting, and get a jag cd to play battlemorph and homebrew. I'm aching to start looking for deals and splurging on a cd unit, but I'm also trying to wait on that until I get an actual working base system again ;)

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 1

There are some people here that can be know-it-all-condescending, but I guess there has to be, to create balance. FYI, My white Jag is better than yours. LOL!! Get your's built Mister!

I'm working on it! I have had a rough couple of days with the fibro myalgia. My pain level has been through the roof. I'm hoping to work on it today. I think you are as excited as I am! :)

here are the cheaper jag games to get that are affordable and good games.

cybermorph, iron soldier, zool 2, doom, avp, wolf 3d, tempest 2000, super burnout. start with those.

I have Tempest. That is one of the main reasons I got the jaguar! I even bought a modded controller with a rotary control. I will look for the rest.

ravard