IGNORED

New website for Atari 2600 Collectors goes online soon

Schitti

Yeah I'd be curious to know what the larger community thinks of these rarity numbers, after a while. Apparently I have a bunch of 6s and 7s which is always fun. Also, is there a plan to add dumps anytime soon?

Oh - and I've got a couple of Dactar(i) multicarts that don't seem listed, but I'm not sure how anyone could ever keep a complete list of all of that. I'm impressed with the thoroughness. I love the "Fantastic Bird" as a label variation.

wait and see how the response is. the ratings did not have a second pass. we are currently busy with rate the second half of the database. then we revise company for company.

Dactar games are currently not on our todo-list, because they are NTSC-Format. certainly sometime later. same with the dumps.

Dactar games are currently not on our todo-list, because they are NTSC-Format.

Interesting, I didn't realize they were all NTSC. They were marketed in PAL countries as far as I can tell, and at least one of the ones I has sure looks like the PAL pallette (even though it seems to have NTSC scanlines).

Hell of a website, regardless. It's hard to find PAL information on this side of the pond but a lot of it does show up in the wild.

So you watermark your pictures to prevent eBay sellers from using them but at the same time you are stealing pictures from eBay auctions and use them on your site. I expect pictures of my property to be removed from your site. Thanks.

As nofrills stated, please tell us immediately which scans are your property? We don't steal any scans! 99% of them are out of our personal collections.

This is insane and completely mindless.....sorry to say that.

Okay - I got your PM Andre. Personally it would have been more polite for you to have PMed in the first place - rather than try to slander the Atariboxed website in an open thread which was set up to excitedly launch the page. However you are welcome to voice any criticism.

Let's make it clear to everyone - you are complaining about the usage of an ebay image of an item that you subsequently won - so in effect the use of an image of an item that was not yours at the time of listing. And you also pointed out another handful of images from the same seller that we used.

Firstly - the seller was contacted and he gave permission to use these images - his images!

Secondly - whether you become the subsequent owner of an item that has been used on a database gives you no right to ask those images to be removed - the permission lies with the owner of the images.

Thirdly - the images are watermarked, not to deny sellers on ebay to use the scans in their listings, but to stop fraudulent listings and fake 'repro' copies of rare games being made. Sellers are welcome to copy the images and use them on their ebay listings - but the watermark will make potential buyers aware that the images are stock and that perhaps they should ask further questions as to condition etc about the actual item being sold - I would have thought this would be a welcome feature amongst the atari community - as so many have been burned or disappointed by such scenarios. You, of all people, should be happy about this - that is one less thing you can complain about in the 'interesting auctions' or 'crazy lame listings' threads.

I want to point out that Atariboxed has scans of over 2200 games on its database - and as Iwan mentioned 99% of these are from our collections (well - I can only take credit for 10%) - absolutely none are 'stolen' from other databases, and I won't deny of that 1% that there is bound to be a couple from ebay listings but, as in this circumstance, permission has been granted, or sought. But if someone believes there is an issue they are welcome to PM me or other members.

Lastly Andre, I don't see why you are so negative and mean spirited. This is a forum for atari collectors around the world. Everyone is sharing a passion and helping one another out in the process. Atariboxed has been set up to compliment our passions, and provide some much needed tools and information to help us all pursue our collections - so lighten up buddy ;)

• Like 4

I gotta say that while I really dislike watermarks in general (just ruins the pretty picture), I can understand this reasoning: helping buyers to know that they're stock photos. I've never been burned on this myself (I don't buy from Ebay based on condition, EVER) but I can imagine it happens often enough. There are a lot of asshats out there.

Too bad, too. I love non-blemished pics when possible - but I can certainly understand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are now online for more than two weeks and here's an overview what happened so far:

* More than 2.200 site views

* Added more than 25 new Game titles

* Added more than 300 scans

* Added 138 rarity values

* Made more than 60 corrections in our module database

* Fixed some minor issues on our webpage and program routines

* Improvements on module output page

So far we would like to thank all our visitors for this excellent start.

Sincerely yours,

AtariBoxed Team

• Like 3