IGNORED

Philia: the Sequel to Elansar - Jaguar CD

Orion_

A new game was released for the Jaguar CD!
This is my new adventure game "Philia: the Sequel to Elansar"

The game was professionally produced with a pressed CD in a DVD case with a color cover and manual !

For those who are interested, see the ordering page here: http://onorisoft.free.fr/retroshop/philia.htm

For those who don't have a Jaguar CD, dont worry, the game is available on other platforms too! :)
Windows / Mac / Linux / Falcon / Android / iOS: http://onorisoft.free.fr/retroshop/

Video of the game running on Jaguar CD: https://vimeo.com/93892663

philia_scr1_s.jpg

philia_jagcd.jpg

• Like 4

BTW: I wanted a Mac version too, but your links only show iPad and iPhone availability at the app store...

If you follow the link where it says "Mac" you will be redirected to the page where you can order the CD version, which contain a Mac OS X version.

When I say it's available for iOS on the AppStore, I'm not talking about the Mac App Store.

It may be easier for Mac users, but Apple is not really cool with developers because Mac App Store == You must pay an additional yearly fee, and they take a percentage on each selling, + you need to buy the latest state of the art Mac computer to run the latest OS X version, else you can't submit your app. So I'm just a bit sick of this policy, I just keep my old mac and distribute the app on CD myself.

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 2

WOW!! This just made my day. It's not every day you log on to Atari Age and have the opportunity to pick up a brand new Jag CD Homebrew. And an awesome looking one at that! Granted I'm guessing the pre-rendered shots are from the Mac version, but it looks like some of the best graphics on the Jag that I've ever seen!

Like people mentioned above, I'd love to play the prequel on Jag CD someday as I missed it on cart, but I understand you might have other projects you are working on. With your evident programming skills on display for this game, what about tackling a much needed 3d shooter or RPG for the Jag?

At any rate, paid for mine, can't wait to get it and thanks so much for all your hard work!!

-Rick

If you do release Elansar on CD I hope you consider raising the item description panel on NTSC. On my television they are completely hidden and I can't see the save icon either. I hooked a Jag to a projector and eliminated overscan. That made the whole screen visible but I could see that those elements are really close to the edges. I would purchase a CD version to play if it resolved these issues. It has kept me from playing the cart because it hasn't been convenient for me to hook one of my Jags to a display that will allow me to eliminate overscan. I want to continue anyway but I'm worried I could get stuck without the ability to read item descriptions.

• Like 1

Elansar is already working on Jaguar, so, it is possible to convert it to JagCD without much work.

That would add the video for Intro & Ending using cinepak, + better image quality (raw 16bits dithered like Philia)

Also, it will release me from making cartridges, which is painful and expensive to do !

• Like 3

That is fantastic! Plus you can use the game save ability of the gave save cart of the Jaguar CD. :) I am loving this. Besides, in the end, having Elansar and Philia in CD cases would look great on my shelf together. ;)