IGNORED

High quality, public domain image gallery of the Atari Jaguar

evan-amos

Hey everyone, I'm a photographer who's been working for the past few years to take photos of video game consoles for Wikipedia and gaming history. A while ago I had a Kickstarter that allowed me to raise funds to make more in-depth galleries, so I wanted to show you guys some of the pictures I took for the Atari Jaguar. I figured you guys would be interested in it, more so than others.

I got a lot of clear pictures of things that I haven't seen around before, like the Jaguar CD motherboard pictures. Here's the link to the beta gallery if anyone wants to check it out:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Evan-Amos/VOGM/AtariJaguar

post-37275-0-37949300-1403310629_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

The pictures can be used for anything that anyone wants to do with them, so they could be used on this site for example. They also rank high in google image searches, so usually people who are searching for these pictures don't have trouble finding them.

And I am missing stuff, because everything I have right now came from one ebay lot. The few Jaguar things that I still need are: JagLink, RF Adapter, Composite Cable, a game cart (I have no games for it), CatBox, Team Tap, Dev anything. That said, I feel like I was pretty lucky to get all of the stuff I did. I was wanted to get a picture of the Jaguar CD forever.

Hmm - you need a face-on image of the regular pad like you do the propad. You currently only have an oblique image of the regular pad.

Other than that, great looking pics!

Yeah. I'd agree with that.

Also, not intending to be hyper critical, and it's just my OCD tendencies coming to the surface here, but:

Match picture for picture with the 4x photo's of the Pro Controller (5th row down)

Additional shot of the Rear of the Jaguar with the Jag CD mounted (re: 3d, 4a).

Regardless of my above preferences, I think all of the pictures here are absolutely superb!

Thank you very much, Evan-Amos :)

I uploaded some more images to the gallery. Turns out I did have a cartridge packed in a box full of loose carts.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Evan-Amos/VOGM/AtariJaguar

Does anyone want to donate an RF adapter, Jag Link, Team Tap or composite cable? It'd be great to have the galleries be as complete as possible. I'd try to get these myself, but I currently have a huge list of other consoles and studio equipment that take priority, so it'd either be a long time or possibly never before I get them myself.

I'm in Brooklyn, New York.

And loans are feasible depending on what the item is. Usually if the item itself is less than twenty dollars it's not worth the effort of shipping it and sending it back versus just buying it outright. I usually do a loan system on the more expensive stuff. The Jaguar Pro Controller that I have is part of a lot that a guy loaned me and I'm sending back, for example.

I'm in Brooklyn, New York.

Me too. However, my sizeable Jaguar collection sits in storage in the midwest. I'll let you know if I ever move it out here. As it stands, I don't make the time to play video games, so keeping them away from me is usually the best way to avoid temptation.

I have a few Lynx items here. But I've owned them for 20 years and show the wear and tear of two decades. Maybe not the best candidate for high quality product shots.

ü

Wow, those are great photos, thanks for sharing!

I found your gallery of other console photos here:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Evan-Amos/VideoGames

I would love to use some of those images here. :)

..Al

Yes, he ran a crowdfunding campaign last year to gain access to more hardware. It was successful, despite being flamed on Digital Press.

Predominantly, he was asking for "too much money", and that he should have gone through other means of obtaining the hardware for free instead of doing a crowd-sourcing. That he should drive up to the Strong Museum in Rochester on his own dime to dissamble and photo and reassemble the hardware. Evan acquitted himself rather respectfully, and his costs were explained on Kickstarter. I supported the project with a small contribution at the time, and am glad he's beginning to show the fruits of his labor.