IGNORED

Arcadia

I've been looking for probably 15 years for one - yeah I could just overpay on ebay, but I mean in the wild. Mostly for completeness' sake - much like the Fairchild, I don't think it was very good. I've found a few games for it over the years, just never a console.

I'd pick one up if cheap enough.

It's alright. Not a very powerful system, especially for when it was released. Graphics are similar to the INTV but not as well done or utilized. It's nice to have in the collection but it's one of my less used consoles. IF you have a good deal on one, especially if it comes with a bunch of games then by all means get it. Just don't expect it to be as fun as a 2600, CV or INTV.

For as much as they usually cost, I don't think they're worth it. I'd liken it to something like the Astrocade, only with clunkier gameplay and much shittier sound. It does have a few okay games, but nothing I'd call "must-play."

I'd get an Arcadia if I found one cheap. Like, Odyssey 2 cheap, because I certainly wouldn't get enough utility out of it to justify the collectors' piece price. It's just another one of those "own it for the sake of being able to say you own it" systems.

I wouldn't say that. Might be dependant on mood and such things. Italian Leonardo Arcadia games I see are over expensive.

French "Advision Home Arcade" are hard to find (only a dozen a year) and while they aren't expensive much, they cost more than what you would expect.

Also, except if you speak the language or look in Great Britain or Australia, you'll have an hard time looking on local websites and communicate with the seller.

Also, overseas shipping costs are getting more and more expensive those days.

And keep in mind that different consoles clones have different cart shapes. The MPT family doesn't fit into the US Arcadia consoles, for example.

Edited by CatPix