IGNORED

Ship Defence Force

First of all, best commercial ever for a ColecoVision game (that I'm aware of)!

Second, is that two players playing in the trailer, or one?

Yeah, and what happens when the ground/shield is gone? The game ends when one of the enemies passes through the opening?

It's juste a teaser :) :)

Ok, it's a 1 player game. The difficulty is to control the two "defender" at the same time, with one joystick. Each time an ennemy touche the ship, it break the shield. If a ship pass the shield, it's game over.

In other hand the "E" capsule are "energy", if it touch a shield hole, it repair it, and give you points (even if it not repair anything). BUT if you destroyed a "E" bonus, you loose lot of point !

The goal is to have the biggest score possible. The main mechanic and difficulty level is done, now i'll try do add more different ennemy and some other thing ...

Edited by bfg.gamepassion

News from gameplay.

Today i've change the gameplay. Now the defenders have 2 différents shoot. And ennemy are vurnerable only to one type of shoot (like a little Ikaruga). And i've added bonus stages, where you can try to repair the shield. I think the gameplay is well balanced now. I can work on Sound/Music now !

Just curious - was Jeff Minter's Gridrunner any inspiration for the game? One feature of Gridrunner is that the enemy shoot at you from two laser guns, one moving along the X-axis and the other along the Y-axis - whereas in your game it is you, the "defender" that shoots from these axes.

From your trailer it looks like your game will be a great variation and addition to the schmups available for the CV. Looking forward to playing this.

Just curious - was Jeff Minter's Gridrunner any inspiration for the game? One feature of Gridrunner is that the enemy shoot at you from two laser guns, one moving along the X-axis and the other along the Y-axis - whereas in your game it is you, the "defender" that shoots from these axes.

From your trailer it looks like your game will be a great variation and addition to the schmups available for the CV. Looking forward to playing this.

Shipoid on C64 inspired me ... Maybe it's inspired itself from Gridrunner ... :D

• 2 weeks later...