IGNORED

Atari 800 - Best Game Pack : Releases

starwindz

And phaeron has just messaged me about the cheat idea and has kindly agreed to add it, so there will be a way via command line to load a cheat file so you could offer an option to play a cheated version of the game.

I'm just going through the cheats to match them up with the appropriate version of the game.

If you like the idea and want to add it I'll let you know when the altirra is released with it and the files?

Splendid idea! I will definitely add this feature to the game pack. :)

• Like 1

Can I convince you to take Atari800win out, its no where near as complete as Altirra and its offering a sub standard playing platform compared to Altirra, don't get me wrong, I've been right behind that emulator from the start, I beta tested it and added numerous idea's to it as have the guys on here but its not near Altirra in the point of emulation completeness.

Just feels like its a poor mans 2nd choice......Its also not being updated, whereas Phaeron never seems to stop on Altirra (and we are so very grateful)

Atari800 would be a better 2nd choice, still worked on, not to far behind Altirra.

V1.1.0 released. Click here to download it.

1. Online update feature added
2. Number of games is now 635
3. Atari800Win Plus removed
4. Speed search bug fixed

Executable file of the game pack has been changed to 'a8.exe'. Please check out an attached screenshot.

post-39035-0-10814300-1404553519.png

So I resume the main folder has to be called gamepack, the update folder outside the gamepack folder as is the A8 file?

So the A8 is the updater which then runs the exe inside the gamepack folder?

Well that seems to work here...

Some may be annoyed at having to get the whole GB again, will there be an release of a pure update to the last version with only the new bits, otherwise its a gig download of most of the same stuff?

Its not an issue for me as I have a nice fast line but not all the places are the same.

And a huge thank you for the update..

Last edit, are there any new games in the 1.1.0?

Edited by Mclaneinc

the A8 is the updater which then runs the exe inside the gamepack folder?

Yes. :)

Some may be annoyed at having to get the whole GB again, will there be an release of a pure update to the last version with only the new bits, otherwise its a gig download of most of the same stuff?

From now on, V1.1.0 is the base download. Main exe has been upgraded and some typos and wrong extra data have been fixed. Sorry for inconvenience.

are there any new games in the 1.1.0?

Following games are new games of 1.1.0
Dallas Quest
Frenesis
Jr. Pacman
Kaiser
Midi Maze

Here's my update folder with ini's..

To find the cause of your problem,

1. Download and extract attached 'a8_test.zip' to main folder. (You will have a8_test.exe')

2. Run a8_test.exe

3. Upload all screenshots of messagebox you encounter before 'invalid enum value' message

AND

4. Download and extract attached 'a8_test2.zip' to main folder. (You will have a8_test2.exe')

5. Run a8_test2.exe

6. Upload all screenshots of messagebox you encounter before 'invalid enum value' message

Actually I do not have this problem. :?

a8_test.zip

a8_test2.zip

Edited by starwindz

To find the cause of your problem,

1. Download and extract attached 'a8_test.zip' to main folder. (You will have a8_test.exe')

2. Run a8_test.exe

3. Upload all screenshots of messagebox you encounter before 'invalid enum value' message

AND

4. Download and extract attached 'a8_test2.zip' to main folder. (You will have a8_test2.exe')

5. Run a8_test2.exe

6. Upload all screenshots of messagebox you encounter before 'invalid enum value' message

Actually I do not have this problem. :?

You do not have to do above test. The error message only appears on 64bit Windows. I will check it out.

Edited by starwindz

@Mclaneinc

The error message you have encountered seems to only appear on some 64bit Windows. Anyway I have changed source code to improve compatibility. Please download and test new a8.exe using the attached file, and let me know the result.

That works...

Not tried the two test versions.