IGNORED

Atari 800 - Best Game Pack : Releases

starwindz

If you use the latest beta of Altirra from the Altirra thread it now remembers to save the full screen setting.

Remember to use this it needs to be put in the Gamepack / EMUL / Altirra directory and replace the previous version.

Edited by Mclaneinc

Release date of 'V1.2.0 update - beta 4' has been changed to 2014.11.30.

why doesn't the GamePack look for a required Emulator all ready installed, and reference it if it is found instead of adding an extra emulator program to my computer..

If it can be done then I will request this change for the next UPDATE. (or MAYBE SOME other Beta)..

why doesn't the GamePack look for a required Emulator all ready installed, and reference it if it is found instead of adding an extra emulator program to my computer..

If it can be done then I will request this change for the next UPDATE. (or MAYBE SOME other Beta)..

The gamepack has specific settings database of emulators(Altirra, Atari800Win+) for each games in order to run all games without changing the emulator options. If you want to choose beta versions of Altirra in the gamepack, I will add this feature in the next update.

• 2 weeks later...

This is so amazing. Thank you for all the hard work that was put into this.

I still remember a Q-Bert style game I played back in the 1980s called Pharaoh's Pyramid. The main draw for me to this game was the promise of a free shirt if you finished it. In fact, if you load up flyer in Altirra, you'll see this promise in the top right corner.

To make a long story short, I finished this game one afternoon when I was probably 12 years old. It took you to a screen with a phone number to call. I called and unfortunately they never sent me my free shirt. I'm guessing if you were to play it now you would see the same screen.

Scarred for life.

Lol...But yes, must have been a real downer...

I've had so much fun with my Atari over the years, for the games I chose to be added I tried to put myself back in to the time when I first played these treasures and hopefully it shows, of course its an open project re game choices and I've seen some wonderful games I'd either missed of forgotten requested by people.

I've become a good friend of Starwindz during the creation of this wonderful project of his and I have to say he's a really good guy who shares the same interests as myself and he's as as dedicated as me to make this the gamebase of choice.

So if you feel a game should be in there then tell us, sadly at the moment both of us are going through real world problems, my daughters in hospital and his work is keeping him totally busy but we will be back as they say with new additions from both of us (He programs, I suggest) and hopefully choices from people on here.

Glad you like it...Truly a labour of love..

• Like 1

I have been going through all of the games, one-by-one, and playing each for a session or two; updating my favorites when I find a gem. I have discovered anew a great many titles that were previously unknown to me. My favorites list is a warm blanket of gaming when I want to lose myself in play.

Thanks a bunch for the good, hard, and important work.

I think I can answer for Starwindz and say we are proud that you are enjoying it all...

Starwindz is the hero here, I can't really program much so I get stuck in on additions and the like, he makes it all work and such a lovely bloke..

If people get to see some good games they have missed then even better...

• 3 weeks later...

The full screen option in Altirra was broken in a recent beta but as of the last couple of beta's its back working..

In Altirra just set it to full screen either under View / full screen or press ALT + ENTER, just remember to exit the emulator by using the mouse to show the top gui and go to file and exit or use ALT + F4 (if you use alt + Enter and close it down with the X then Altirra will remember the window setting.). Once set to full screen it will continue to use that until you change back to a window.

Not fired up Atari800win in ages, will have to look at that

Edited by Mclaneinc

Thanks!

My pleasure, If Sony ever throw loads of PS4's at you then save me one :)

Sorry my poor humour, when my daughter nearly died this year and ended up in hospital I gave her a promise I'd get her a PS4 for Xmas as a goal as she wanted to play the re done Last of US and the enhanced GTA5, wasn't expecting a 3205.00 new boiler to get in the way of that and loads of car hire to see her as she's still in Hospital.

But she's getting better and is allowed home for Xmas as a treat and then back in.....

At least we get her for Xmas :)

Good luck with the game, Sony exclusive?

Well I have gotten the pack all up and running wonderfully via bootcamp on my old Mac Pro.

Using Joy2Key I have the gambase full navigable with the 360 pad and Altirra works really well with the pad too - I can kick back on the couch and play like it's 1982 all over again!

May thanks to everyone involved for a great compilation and the assistance in getting this working.

sTeVE

P.S. Yes Mclaneinc we are SONY exclusive :-D

Mclaneinc... reading about your daughter makes me sad just ordered the 576ram from the other thread... now I am asking myself if I would not better save the money, throw in a pot and we get here a PS4 (maybe 2nd hand at game?) to get a smile on her face?

Edited by Heaven/TQA

A quick couple of games pack questions..

Running with the default game option a couple of games bring up an error dialogue in Altirra (I am forcing this as the emulator to use)- claiming no OS/Kernal is setup - Demon Attack for instance, is this a known issue?

Secondly there are still quite a few poor quality hacks in the db - Dreadnaught Factor 2 and 3 for instance (are just Dreadnaught factor with some numbers changed), there is still a Baja Buggies with the background set up black hack in there and Ms Bulima on the other hand is just offensive crud.

sTeVE

Mclaneinc... reading about your daughter makes me sad just ordered the 576ram from the other thread... now I am asking myself if I would not better save the money, throw in a pot and we get here a PS4 (maybe 2nd hand at game?) to get a smile on her face?

Heaven, that's a wonderful thought and I'm touched by it, but I could never ask anyone to do that...

From the bottom of my heart I say thank you for even considering that...

A quick couple of games pack questions..

Running with the default game option a couple of games bring up an error dialogue in Altirra (I am forcing this as the emulator to use)- claiming no OS/Kernal is setup - Demon Attack for instance, is this a known issue?

Secondly there are still quite a few poor quality hacks in the db - Dreadnaught Factor 2 and 3 for instance (are just Dreadnaught factor with some numbers changed), there is still a Baja Buggies with the background set up black hack in there and Ms Bulima on the other hand is just offensive crud.

sTeVE

Hi Steve, did you do this fix when it was posted

1.2.0 update - beta 3 has a bug about searching index file.

Please delete following file and restart the front end. The searching index file will be rebuilt.

gamepack\ini\baseinforall.ini

That cured a load of those problems...

Demon Attack works fine here, it asks for the default file to run and then boots up ok, I'll check the others in the list as well just to be sure.

As for Ms Bulimia, I'm not sure how that got through but considering what my daughter has been going through as a suspected anorexic I think it needs removing..

Starwindz, please do remove it....