IGNORED

Atari 800 - Best Game Pack : Releases

starwindz

I used both Recuva and getdataback NTFS, both came up with nothing after deep scan...

You may just imagine how annoyed I was as I had been way behind in testing due to hospital stuff and then I put in some very long nights to catch right up only for this to happen.

Furious and gutted...

But life must go on and so must the gamepack.

• 3 weeks later...

Righty folks, the gamepack is back on the move...

Starwindz (his great idea) and I want you to pick your top 5 (up to 10) games and a 1 line review..something like this

1. Rescue on Fractalus! ; The best game ever. I can't forget the moment when the alien popped-up!.
2. M.U.L.E. ; OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
etc etc
You get the idea, Starwindz will then add the info into the gamepack to be immortalised :)
While you guys are doing this if you don't mind I'll be back on the one by one game check WITH BACKUPS :)
And all this at a time when on the 23rd my daughter should finally leave hospital for good after being in there since September with what was then a close to death eating disorder, she was as near to death as can be, not even allowed to walk. But she's all better (as can be) and out just before my birthday so its all great...
So get your mini reviews in......
Remember, one line please...Choose wisely :)
Don't worry, we expect plenty of repetition over certain games but it will be YOUR words, be they old classics or new releases, you pick.
Edited by Mclaneinc

And...

Don't forget, if you think we have missed a brilliant game then TELL US, just remember, no hacks (ie games with hardcoded infinite lives etc that you cannot choose or general level hacks unless they are really really great) be they BASIC or other coded, makes no difference those are welcome, we just ask that you believe them to be wonderful games.

If you want to add the games to a post then fine or PM me and I'll give you my email addy to send direct, try and check the games although I'll do it anyway and if they need special option like OSB, accurate drive speed etc then they and mention those to save me some time.

• 1 month later...

Hello, was messing with the gamepack and noticed kennedy approach isnt cracked so you cant actually play it (access denied)

so.... here is a fully working version!

The "Demo" mode doesn't work for me in Altirra. Would you please check.

This one is cracked and demo works..

For the moment rename it exactly as it is in the gamepack and use it.

It should have been weeded out by me long ago but as most know my family have had a very bad year, especially for my daughter. She's out of hospital and thanks to the ultra kind folk on here has had a games console and a trip to a local Japanese culture fare that she loved but anorexia still have a semi hold on her and there's non stop therapy every week, add to that she has developed other issues while in there and what I hoped would be a nice slip from hospital to home has been very very dramatic for all of us.

Sadly all my hopes of getting back to the gamepack have been stopped because I'm simply exhausted and as I also suffer severe depression its been almost impossible to get my head around anything that takes more than 5 mins.

At this moment I feel like PAC MAN after the ghosts have swallowed a power pill and are hunting me, all the medical authorities want different things done that are at odds with one another and it just feels like we are being chased and pulled about.

I've restarted doing the weeding out several times but I always end up having to stop it and many other things from stress. I would not mind if I'm playing stuff but I can't even do that for more than a few mins because I lose interest..

I'll keep having stabs at it...

Kennedy Approach (1985)(MicroProse)(US)a3.atr

Mclaneinc - stop worrying about the games database - I think you have helped catalog about 10 years worth of gameplay already!

Step back and try find enjoyment in anything right now - maybe actually playing some of the games in the gamepack which your hardwork has made awesome to this point!

Come back to this later once things calm down - I think there is plenty of games for people to play through this interface in the mean time.

Edited by Goochman

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded both...installed both.and had emulators crash. so I let it do the .5 update. and it was working... I put beta 3 in and the emulator went back to ver 2.4 instead of 2.5 I am confused...

Maybe the beta3 instructions should say download version 1.whatever(the first one) then click to do an update then download and install beta 3 by copying into to directory?

The only way I got it to work, I really don't know if I have it all but what I have seems to work now

Edited by _The Doctor__