IGNORED

Atari2600.com Issues

mipaol

Hey guys... I found this thread, and it's a little old, but has anyone tried ordering anything from Atari2600.com lately? I've ordered from them in the past a few times and have always had good service. I placed an order on Nov 2, and it is still pending shipment. I called on 11/12 and he said it would ship "very soon.". I emailed this week on 11/19 and promptly received a reply stating he would prioritize my order to go out the next day. It is still showing "pending shipment".

I understand he's a one man show--and have visited with him at CGE in the past. Does anyone have any insight what is going on? I really don't want to file a complaint against PayPal, but I may be left no choice to do so. I find nearly 3 weeks to ship an order is unacceptable.

it's not my intention to bad mouth the place--I just hope someone has some insight to what is going on...

Hey guys... I found this thread, and it's a little old, but has anyone tried ordering anything from Atari2600.com lately? I've ordered from them in the past a few times and have always had good service. I placed an order on Nov 2, and it is still pending shipment. I called on 11/12 and he said it would ship "very soon.". I emailed this week on 11/19 and promptly received a reply stating he would prioritize my order to go out the next day. It is still showing "pending shipment".

I understand he's a one man show--and have visited with him at CGE in the past. Does anyone have any insight what is going on? I really don't want to file a complaint against PayPal, but I may be left no choice to do so. I find nearly 3 weeks to ship an order is unacceptable.

it's not my intention to bad mouth the place--I just hope someone has some insight to what is going on...

Heh, this is old news. Most people have stopped shopping there. You will get your stuff but it takes 30 days on average, even if you paid for priority.

He also does not keep correct stock anymore so likely items will be missing, you will get a refund for them, but not for the shipping. I ordered 30 games and got like 8 of them or something, was a total joke...it's a shame as he used to be the very best. He does not respond to ANY emails/phonecalls/etc, not even mine and I have ordered $10,000+ worth of stuff over the last 10+ years and used to chat with him on a semi regular basis. JC sucks, don't support him :thumbsdown:

• Like 3

I strongly suspect this is merely a case of the fact that Ebay sales take precedence over site-sales. With Ebay sales, there is the motivational factor that you may get bad feedback. With site sales, there is no bad feedback. Therefore, site sales get the shit end of the stick. I've seen it happen before. Ebay rips off fees, but the audience is so much wider, which explains why it happens - in this case and so many others.

I haven't bought anything from the site since March 2013. Over the years I didn't spend nearly as much as Crazy Climber (I think I'd put myself somewhere around $2000). I would occasionally have some quibbles about his rating of box quality versus what I thought it was upon actually getting the item, but overall I never had any real problems. Clearly his focus has shifted to eBay sales. If he is not issuing accurate refunds, however, I would not hesitate to let my credit card company know about the situation and put their fraud division on the task of investigating.

Well, I explained to them this week if I didn't receive shipping confirmation by Friday, I would file a complaint with my Credit Card company. So, I did just that today. I really hate resorting to that, because I think this is something that should and could be handled without going this route. Over the many years of dealing with buyers over the internet and the tons of items I've purchased, I've had to play this card one other time, and it didn't end well. I hope it either gives them a wakeup call or at the very least a refund. I just want my games!

Low and behold, after I filed a complaint with Pay Pal, all of a sudden, I have a Shipping confirmation and tracking number. Coincidence? I think not. LOL.

My PayPal complaint just got completed in my favour. I was tired of waiting, with no communication, and not being sure if everything would be included.

• 1 month later...

Why, oh why didn't I look for this thread 3 weeks ago?! I just sent this to their website a few minutes ago:

I placed an order with you on 12/24/2014 and have yet to receive anything from you. I have tried to contact you by email and haven't heard anything in response. I find it rather convenient that I sent you payment for my order securely via PayPal, which hit your account instantaneously, and then it seems everyone in your company fell off the face of the planet. My order # is ORDXXXXXXXXX. Conveniently, I can no longer even log into my account on your awesomely built website, as my only access to the Internet is on my iPhone, and your site keeps redirecting me to a non-page that informs me my connection is not secure. The exact same connexion was plenty secure enough for your website to allow me to create an account and then order product. If I don't hear back from you or receive confirmation that my package has hit my PO box within the next 24 hours, I will open a dispute through PayPal, and will post my experience of abysmal customer service in every forum I can think of on Atari Age, which, I'm sure you know, is the largest forum concerning Arari products and games in existence. Thank you for your PROMPT attention concerning this matter.

Aaron Thompson

Guess I'll have to resort to PayPal to resolve this. Disappointing, to say the least. Ridiculous.

Yikes, just ordered something from him yesterday. I have had no issues with him but haven't ordered anything in maybe six months. Got my River Patrol from him and a handful of semi-rares by Xonox. All have arrived well packed and timely. We will see with this latest order which was simply a Rabbit Transit manual.

I have a Slik Stik for sale. $5 plus shipping and handling.

I have others too listed on the 2600 Connection web site under for sale..

http://www.2600connection.com/features/atari_controllers.html

Send me a Private Message if you have any questions.

thank you

Tim

Oh my, forgot about this site and the Odyssey 2 goodies. Will be shopping shortly. :)

• 1 year later...

Threaten to file a dispute and have the charges reversed. You'll be amazed how fast your order will be shipped. That's he only thing that motivated them to actually get the ball rolling when I ordered a SlikStik from them a year and a half ago. I got tired of waiting after about 2 1/2 weeks. I will NEVER use them again. Ridiculous way to "run" a business...

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

I had issues a couple years back, but I thought I'd try again. Still having issues. No communication, no tracking, no package. It's been three weeks. This is not how to run a business.

Very bad idea to place an order thru their website.

It should be considered defunct imho.

Joe has been giving excellent service thru his ebay store.

But they don't update the website or answer any questions asked there.

While they are good about answering questions on ebay, but they will ignore questions on ebay asked about their website.

He will likely fulfill your order but might take weeks and anything he doesn't have (since he doesn't update the website) will be removed from your order and refunded.

I can see him not wanting to get rid of the website domain, as it's an awesome name to have. But he should post on the main page that the store has moved to ebay :P

I had issues a couple years back, but I thought I'd try again. Still having issues. No communication, no tracking, no package. It's been three weeks. This is not how to run a busines

I did the exact same thing a month or two ago. Figured my last order was slow, but hey, I GOT IT.

This time ordering 4 common controllers, and paying immediately (for 2 day shipping no less, LMFAO) got me a month wait. I wrote 2 very nice emails. Not one response. Had to get paypal to refund me, they apparently did not dispute nor offer to ship the order.

I'd like to know what the ebay handle is so I can avoid ever accidentally giving him any more money, as he doesn't deserve it. What an ass.