IGNORED

HSC5 - Game #8 - Pac-Man

gobble gobble and eat those dots to rock 'n roll..

Place note if your using the Atarisoft or the INTV rerelease version of the game, both will be accepted unless it comes out that one is severly different than one another.

Games are to be played at top speed...

Scores will be accepted until Sunday July 6th @ Noon Central..

Scores for Pac-Man (FINAL)

1. scalpel - 561,130 (INTV Release) ( + 10 pts )
  2. cparsley - 374,710 (INTV Release) ( + 9 pts )
  3. Britishcar - 86,460 (No Pic/Unknown) ( + 8 pts )
  4. Intellfan - 58,560 (Unknown) ( + 6 pts )
  5. gavvv - 53,060 (Unknown) ( + 4 pts )
  6. darthkur - 38,440 (INTV Release) ( + 2 pts )
  7. atari2600land - 22,960 (Atarisoft) ( + 1 pt )
  8. felson42 - 22,870 (Unknown) ( + 1 pt )
  9. S.BAZ - 22,380 (Unknown) ( + 1 pt )
  10. Roadrunner - 20,540 (Atarisoft) ( + 1 pt )
  11. Intellfan - 13,040 (Unknown) ( + 1 pt )
  12. jblenkle - 5,850 (Unknown) ( + 1 pt )
Edited by cparsley

as for the speed, it was just a blanket statement in case like Lock 'n Chase, you could choose different speeds...

Opening thoughts (Atarisoft version played for these thoughts)

First though was to come and congratulate them for a well done game (reversing ghosts) but more I played, the more I got pissed off at it... Be at the power pellet, but since 1/100th of a pixel of a ghost touched you the moment you had the power pellet and you die? Seriously?

Also, the blue wears off too fast/combined to the tie there always goes to the ghosts....

Also, the ghosts travel way too slow through the escape tunnel, but that's negated by the game having a nearly uncanny programming block to avoid going through on 99.99% of situations...

Maybe I need to pop in the INTV version just in case.

as for the speed, it was just a blanket statement in case like Lock 'n Chase, you could choose different speeds...

Opening thoughts (Atarisoft version played for these thoughts)

First though was to come and congratulate them for a well done game (reversing ghosts) but more I played, the more I got pissed off at it... Be at the power pellet, but since 1/100th of a pixel of a ghost touched you the moment you had the power pellet and you die? Seriously?

Also, the blue wears off too fast/combined to the tie there always goes to the ghosts....

Also, the ghosts travel way too slow through the escape tunnel, but that's negated by the game having a nearly uncanny programming block to avoid going through on 99.99% of situations...

Maybe I need to pop in the INTV version just in case.

I just have a cart how do i know which one it is? intv of atari

the AtariSoft version will have the Mt Fuji of Atari rotating with the INTV colors, the INTV version simply says choose 1 or 2 players

I played both today and the menu title is different. The game is exactly the same. I used to play Atarisoft version.

The "3rd" intermission is the "bell" (the "fruit" of these levels) floating/traveling from right to left with Pacman chasing it. Then a HUGE red ghost chases Pacman back from left to right. I have NEVER seen this "intermission" on any version of Pacman before. The "fruits" at these levels all seem to be the "bell" over and over. The ghosts begin to stay blue for a fairly sane and stable amount of time, allowing you to use your power pellets in a reasonable defensive fashion, however, everything is moving pretty damn fast.