IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 7 Round 10 Pole Position

zylon

Our game is Pole Position on the Atari Grand Prix 4lap settings.

Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC records.

Round ends on Sunday, July 6th 2014

Current HSC record: None yet...

Final scores-AGP 4lp:

58,350 Kida0723 +11

57,900 zylon +10

57,000 darthkur +9

56,600 sdamon +8

55,400 roadrunner +7

55,200 JacobZu7zu7 +6

47,000* sloth-machine +5

20,750 MrBubble +4

Pole Position.bin

Edited by zylon

Oh crap. Guess that's no good then. No biggie. At least it wasn't a great score. :P

Good catch. I don't "study" the pics until the weekends.

In the meantime, 56,150 on the correct track. ;)

Don't forget, OE season 2 poll closes after this round...

post-25215-0-46302300-1403871431_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

I'm just trying to finish the race :-)

First time playing PP on the 5200, and I'm impressed by how good the OE controller really is for this game. Actually, the GAME impresses the hell out of me. There's a lot of action when you're weaving between cars! I can't imagine how excited someone in 1983 would be to have this at home all for themselves!

I was going to jump into this one, but I am having my usual emulation problems. I've tried several different emulators but can't figure out how to change the track.

Once the came boots you need to press what ever button it is to reset the game. Then you could change it by pressing *.

I got to the point on Kat5200 where I could change tracks, start the game and start going, but I can't shift or steer. And I only got to that point by using the keyboard instead of my USB joystick which I guess the emulator just doesn't like.

Still no luck doing anything on any of the other emulators I tried.

The weird thing is I've played Pole Position on this emulator before. I remember I had a tough time back then getting it to work, but I finally did. I have no clue this time though.

Once the came boots you need to press what ever button it is to reset the game. Then you could change it by pressing *.

I got to the point on Kat5200 where I could change tracks, start the game and start going, but I can't shift or steer. And I only got to that point by using the keyboard instead of my USB joystick which I guess the emulator just doesn't like.

Still no luck doing anything on any of the other emulators I tried.

The weird thing is I've played Pole Position on this emulator before. I remember I had a tough time back then getting it to work, but I finally did. I have no clue this time though.

Ive been playing on an actual 5200 but I tried to get it up and running on the 2 emulators I use (atari800win and altirra) couldnt get either one working for steering and shifting either.

Can anyone help jblenkle? Ill try to see what I can do to get it working. Ill report back once I figure something out.