IGNORED

Centron 3D Official web page completed. Info + Pics

rpc_games

Hi Guys, I have completed the Centron 3D web page. You will now see all info and all 23 levels screen shots using our CMODE72

graphics mode.

Please check it out and let me know your comments. Oh, the official Centron 3D launch date is now the 7th July 2014.

It was the 1st July but one of my employees has taken 1 week of holidays. Typical ! hehehehe :)

Website is www.rpcgames.com.au

Thanks guys. ( Hope you like it )

Pete

Manager

RPC-Games!

• Like 4

Rybags, you beat me to it, all pixel for pixel the same bar the backdrop...

"in game", I think not..

Well if they are then its the most non changing gamer ever written....Oh wait, like a render...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

Well, the backdrops are beautiful, but I'm not sure what the play mechanics are supposed to be. I assume it's a track where you may need to collect some things and avoid others?

Given the resolution we're dealing with, I kind of figured the mechanics would have to be fairly non-complicated, but how do you control difficulty, give incentive to keep playing? What is the ultimate goal. (let me guess - that's a secret! :P ) Are the backgrounds there for eye candy or do they play into a story-line?

• Like 1

Atarinerd, the backdrops are based on identical screen shots, its not real....Only the very background are different...Look at them,

Personally I think this is either an elegant windup and the game will be different or this is all a load of rubbish..

• Like 1

Always try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I think what we're seeing are the basic mechanics, pretty much the whole game, which is very simple. You're on a circular track, the illusion of motion is created by the spheres, which color-cycle. (Swap colors) and the motion of other charactor sprites. The high-color and motion provide most of the effect. You basically shoot the spheres. I would speculate that as you shoot the spheres, they leave gaps, which adds to the visual effect and challenge. You try to get as many of the spheres as you can until the timer runs out. Your sprite slides left and right. Other sprites zoom in from the left which you have to move to avoid or try to collect.Pretty straight-forward and very much within the Ataris abilities. The trick is making it enjoyable to play. It could be pretty fun.

I probably wouldn't buy it unless I could see some gameplay. If it is just a few bills, I might spring for it.

• Like 2

@Mclaininc: Load of rubbish? What the? Thanks mate for your support. Do you think we would be doing all this for a joke? NOT !

@ Everyone: the reason all sprites on screen (except the back drops) are the same is because I just pasted the sprites on the first frame and captured it

with the different level backdrops just to show the graphics side of things. It's to show you what our Atari's can do with CMODE72.

No more limited to just 4 colours on a scan line. Maybe, next I'll do a CMODE256.

Gameplay: You don't shoot anything in the game, you fly into the coloured sphere's and hit them with your De-reser which is mounted on the bonnet of

your converted delorean. Different coloured sphere's = different score. Press the Fire button to jump over mines (kind of like moon patrol).

So if you jump over a mine and there's another mine after that one then YOUR TOAST ! I've only allowed 1 jump per step.

Alien ships will fly above you from time to time and drop bombs to destroy your delorean. Here's a tip, get out of the way or your dead :)

You have 3 lives (as usual) 0 lives = Game Over.

Avoid the mines (shown) and alien attacks (not shown) and get to level 23 the last level and then it's party time.

Centron 3D is playable at the moment and I really can't stop playing it. I have to force myself and my employees to stop playing it and get back to work :)

We should have a video on YouTube this week to see and hear the Sound FX. I just Love the Pokey timers for sound FX.

At the moment, there's a few things that need to be changed and a few routines that need to be looked at before I create the video

but that should take me less than a week to do.

We've put a lot of work into Centron 3D. Working late nights to get it done. Don't forget, it takes months to create a good game

from start to finish and we have accomplished all this in just 3 weeks, so I hope you all appreciate it.

And we are not accepting preorders or any orders at this time. Orders will commence after the official release date, 7th July 2014.

Thanks Guys :) Quick, play the jingle..... "Have you played Atari today !" hehehe I just had too :)

Pete

Manager

RPC-Games!

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply. I like how you respond to criticism, and I also applaud the fact that you are not taking pre-orders.

I see you are using PoKey timers for sound. I assume this means we get digi-sounds with full animation (ala Space Harrier)?? Sure hope so.

• Like 4

@Flashjazzcat: Can't do a video right now because one of the routines I have to look into is the sprite move routine.

There's a little glitch that needs to be addressed.

I'm sure everyone can wait just a little longer :)

Pete

Edited by rpc_games

Look Pete / RPC, you do understand why people are being sceptical don't you?

Maybe I was a little too hard in my last post with the rubbish comment but at no time have you done a proper reveal, by now in most so close to release titles there would have been a video, numerous real screen shots and a playable demo but at the moment all we have seen are to be honest, fakes, you said they were in game and now we both know it wasn't the case, not truly.

Yes I agree you have taken the criticism well but I've never seen such a car crash of a way to release a game....Try to take that in a positive way, the tried and tested way to announce a game is the way I detailed above, doing it your way has just created this sort of response....Good publicity, I think not.

I hope you hit the game release date, I really do but if you do and do another game PLEASE do it the good old fashioned way..

I truly want to be inspiring re your game, contrary to what one person once said, I DO support our dev people, I even publicly supported his products but we as people could not get on. Ask any of the devs here if I've messaged them in a negative way or said nasty things about their products, never has happened.

The point being, I'm not having a go at you for fun, just trying to get to the real deal, I speak as I see, sometimes not the appreciated way but its honest and that's what counts.

Go on, surprise us with a cracking game but maybe rethink you release way..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

You can say whatever you want, but rpc_games IS providing new screenshots and stuff from time to time.

It's so easy being rude, the more posts I see like that, the more I feel ashamed that I did that too a while ago.

I hope there will be a game. I hope it will be cool indeed, but you never guess what I hope most...

I hope that members like tschak909 will keep their mouth shut forever.

His contributions are way more b*llshit than every single character rpc_games typed ever.

• Like 4

@Prowizard: Thanks for the typo spotting on my website. My Atari 1040STe with SH205 megafile is very close to the 130XE in my office

and I must of been looking at it when I typed 1040 floppy disk drive instead of typing 1050 disk drive, but I've corrected it now. Thanks again :)

Pete

• Like 1