IGNORED

Centron 3D Official web page completed. Info + Pics

rpc_games

I am afraid we should apologize.

I am not sure how it worked out but an Australian developer feels badmouthed by this website from people mainly in UK/US so he decides to suspend his own product launch :???: after he spent countless hours fabricating a novel graphics mode and ironing the kinks.

If you don't believe me check:

http://www.rpcgames.com.au/Centron3D.html

I report one paragraph here for posterity, syntax errors and all.

<quote>

ATTENTION ATARIANS: It hurts me to say this....
I hereby suspend Centron 3D from launch due to the unacceptable attitudes and mouth
from the people on AtariAge 8-Bit Forum. Until we recieve full appologies via email from
them Centron 3D is suspended at this time. They have now ruined it for everybody.
We are totally sorry for the inconvenience .
Some people on AtariAge 8-Bit forum just dont appreciate the long hours and dedication
put into Centron 3D.

</quote>

Edited by phoenixdownita

That's pretty piss poor tbh.

If Jaguar developers ran away whenever someone said something bad there'd be no new Jaguar software at all ;)

Then again, RPC have set up home on another forum. They'll fit right in there with all the other make-believe stories.

• Like 2

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ! I'm sick with a bad chest infection and I get this!

flashjazzcat, on 06 Jul 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Well, the staff have a remarkably consistent posting style.

Yes we do but Steve and I are not the same, he's more uglyier than I. :)

@STEPHEN: Their was nothing wrong with the way I announced Centron 3D. It was the attitude of people here that caused this.

@SNICKLIN: You, from the very start of Centron 3D have shown positivity and support to Centron 3D which I totally appreciate.

I wish everybody else on this forum had your personality. Because of this I reward you with a FREE Centron 3D game.

Thank you very very much for your support. Please email me your postal info.

@VLADR: You wrote "Turns out, there was no flicker, since they used LCDs - DUH!" I don't need to comment on this.

@ Mclaininc: Their is a message on our website for the people who has given us negativity.

@TCHACK909: Their is also a message for your on our website.

@EVERYONE: I've had enough. Their is an important message form us to you on our website.

I suggest you read it as it concerns your actions and attitudes against me, my crew and Centron 3D.

Stefan of "Retro Magazin" will probably be writing an article as well.

Pete

Manager

RPC-Games!

Edited by rpc_games

Boo hoo. You have lied to us from the get-go. Why don't _you_ say you're sorry?

-Thom

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ! I'm sick with a bad chest infection and I get this!

flashjazzcat, on 06 Jul 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Well, the staff have a remarkably consistent posting style.

Yes we do but Steve and I are not the same, he's more uglyier than I. :)

@STEPHEN: Their was nothing wrong with the way I announced Centron 3D. It was the attitude of people here that caused this.

@SNICKLIN: You, from the very start of Centron 3D have shown positivity and support to Centron 3D which I totally appreciate.

I wish everybody else on this forum had your personality. Because of this I reward you with a FREE Centron 3D game.

Thank you very very much for your support. Please email me your postal info.

@VLADR: You wrote "Turns out, there was no flicker, since they used LCDs - DUH!" I don't need to comment on this.

@ Mclaininc: Their is a message on our website for the people who has given us negativity.

@TCHACK909: Their is also a message for your on our website.

@EVERYONE: I've had enough. Their is an important message form us to you on our website.

I suggest you read it as it concerns your actions and attitudes against me, my crew and Centron 3D.

Stefan of "Retro Magazin" will probably be writing an article as well.

Pete

Manager

RPC-Games!

• Like 1

I don't get it. Suspending the release, especially of a game that will be for sale, seems like the worst possible response to doubts over the existence of said game. Why not release the thing and make the ney-sayers eat crow? Now, if at any point the game is released, it will be said that the game was not developed at the time of the dispute, but that the developers were unwilling to admit it.

@RPC_GAMES: The only way you can possibly vindicate yourself is to release the game now. Everything else, even and up to a later release, will do nothing to acquit you of the accusations you have - unfairly or not - endured via this forum.

Edited by pixelmischief
  • Like 1

Me personally I am a little disappointed at:

<quote>

</quote>

Everyone, really!!!! The 2600, 7800, Jag, ST/TT etc.. users that never even looked at the thing.

Everyone, really!!!! The hundreds of 8bits forum users that are dealing with Side, IDE+, Ultimate etc... and have never even read the topic simply because they don't care.

I for once, part of the everyone, feel like there's absolutely nothing important from RPC Games to me on that website, never was to begin with.

If I was RPC Games rather than misrepresenting the complete 8bits community and AtariAge at large at that, I would restrict the target of the tantrum. It seems like the source of the whole take down can be restricted to the comments of 6 or 7 individuals ..... not sure what to think of a "business" that reacts this way when a handful of opinions don't match its expectations.

There's not even the need to detail what those opinions are about, or how harsh they may have looked like, or how authoritative they may be. There's no way that a "business" would stop its operations on the basis of that, if that would be the case there'd be no business at all, ever.

I didn't intend to buy the game, "Resolution is 80x48x72 colours" kind of killed it for me (80x48 .... thanks but no thanks), still I want to have my voice heard as part of the everyone because being stereotyped always rubbed me the wrong way, and I can't really stand "touchy" developers/managers.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1

So business decisions are completely based upon how one is treated by a few in an online forum? That's just goofy. This is when RPC Games could prove everyone wrong. How about posting a real YouTube video of the game entitled "Take that m****rf*****s!"?

I'll make the comment - that the people here are a picky lot - after all, if you chose the Atari 400/800 computer - instead of an Apple II or Vic-20, TRS-80 etc - you were picky-picky.

I did have doubts that an incredible? game could be running in a low to med-res mode - but Star Raiders testified that something brilliant can be done - if you were made of the right stuff.

Also it's more usual to expect 6 months of work to be done (or even a year?) - at least, for a reasonable demo to be seen - and working to a self set deadline, of short notice did seem to be painting yourself into a corner.

I do believe it is possible to produce something unique and of a high quality for the A8 hardware still - but it's going to take a lot of work, time and ingenuity to do so. As with any creative medium - it is usually said, that you should do it for yourself first and foremost, rather than try pleasing others - which is always a never satisfying goal.

Harvey

Edited by kiwilove

A lot of people are taking a very naive view of all of this.

There was no game.

There was only a lot of hot air.

If I look @ RPC Games' site, all I see, is a lot of unfinished links, and infinitely bad grammar, syntax, punctuation, site layout, etc.

I see a site as a reflection of a person with a lot of ADHD. "Ideas" and no execution, but a lot of marketing. I despise this, because he was fully prepared to take people's money, to produce...nothing.

At the very least, it shows an insecurity and immaturity that I see in early adolescence, at the worst, it indicates a pathological lying pattern.

But most of all, I despise this, because In the end, it's his own integrity, his own credibility, that is destroyed, but it is also the effect that the outing of this has on the community at large, it makes us thicker skinned, more cynical. So it's not just himself he's harming, it's all of us.

-Thom

• Like 1

I don't think there would have been all that much money involved - as I will guess it's a very small market today. That most A8 hardware is simply not being used, sitting away somewhere, that hasn't been turned on in a very long time.

If you can make money from it - fine - but it's more likely that you'll be lucky to pay back any development costs, etc,

Because this is an open forum - people can speak their mind. The truth is usually very short and to the point - and most people do not want to know the truth at all - especially about their own work. Truth is rarely spoken of in the various media. And if people differ in their opinion and views? So what - it's a fact of life. It's nothing to be sensitive about - when you invite people to write of their opinion. If everyone was saying the same thing - then that would be something to really take notice of....

I'd like to see the game running in a video - so, I hope that a video will be posted on Youtube? To see if it's something special or not? To date no one has shown any graphics mode that uses genuinely a lot of colours to be of use within a fast action game format.

Harvey

• Like 1

Did he say when?

Talking serious I really think the game exists but what is really strange its after so many posts and a site came the decision to not release it right in the day it would happen.

If it isn't ended then wouldn't be better say that it isn't ended and need some more days to finish it?

Now and if the game is working and its for sale wouldn't it be better to release it because they will always sell some copies?

And I still think that even with some flicker it can indeed be a good game so whats the problem in releasing a short preview file ZXs and C64s usually did on their magazines on the old days?

P.s.- And I don't want a free copy because I may have a CRT but I don't have a real working A8 machine right now ;)

:)

A lot of people are taking a very naive view of all of this.

I don't know who you mean by "a lot of people" but I'm not naive at all. I know what the chances are with anything like this.

It's okay to be skeptical without proof, but we also never had the proof to call him a liar.

well... I am not suprised... ok. we were little bit harsh sometimes but simply because we had seen (or not seen) in the past. and it was interesting that most of the CODERs with reputation had doubts (me either). that's why I did not enter the detail discussion either. So I waited patiently if a full fledge game will be released. (MaPa & PG are the ones who can release stuff on a regular basis). ;) Then the self set deadline. it wasn't us saying we will release the game on the beginning of July.

I fully appreciate the work which went into the project already (Jose knows that even "stills" need time to make :D).

But there are 2 sides of the medal. maybe the "selft marketing" went over the top from an (at least for me) unknown developer which claimed high expectations right at the beginning. reminds me being at E3 years ago ;). Same goes to website to be 100% honest. Nowadays you can have a simple but "modern" website running in minutes (simple wordpress theme fex.???). and then the claiming for actually selling the game...

just my 2 cents.

ps. simply release the WIP or source codes even it's patented ;) so people can pick up?

I don't know who you mean by "a lot of people" but I'm not naive at all. I know what the chances are with anything like this.

It's okay to be skeptical without proof, but we also never had the proof to call him a liar.

Yeah... I never would go so far to call the guys liars.

• Like 1

Just release the thing if you want the doubters to shut up and apologize.

Really, this doubt has been brought on largely due to hype with lack of tangible evidence other than screenshots, and those look fabricated due to everything except the backgrounds being the same.

Even a video would shut people up. And regardless of criticism or not, asking people to commit money to any project based solely on a couple of screenshots and vague description is asking way too much.

Hi Guys, boy you guys have really pissed Pete off haven't you. Suspending the game ! You guys will never learn.

If it was up to me I would have burnt the Master Copy of Centron 3D and told you all to get stuffed but that's me.

Anyway, Pete asked me to upload this photo to you. Do what you like, think what you like but I

can tell you now, ITS REAL ! and it's not about money, it's about support for a Developer.

Now I can see why no developers are creating games for your precious little Atari's

because you guys shit in their faces ! Your the ones to blame for all this, not us.

Steve

post-39099-0-35841200-1404716550_thumb.jpg