IGNORED

Centron 3D Official web page completed. Info + Pics

rpc_games

Yes, on other Atari forum for not working properly on "modern" Ataris (QMEG, storages) and for not having a Polish version, on some indie forums for having slow AI, shitty in-game graphics and wasting time programming for old computers :-)

Damn! I never got the memo that this game was such a flaw-riddled disappointment. I better stop playing it so much.

Edited by pixelmischief
  • Like 2

Centron 3D is the nearest thing with a bit of Youtube code that may or may not be an animation....

I believe he/they have written something, but no normal person goes to the trouble to attract attention without showing their results. Why build a website asking for orders of a game you refuse to demo (prior to the tantrum, that is)? Why keep offering all sorts of strange periphery things as proof when footage the game itself would silence everyone instantly?

Anyway, I'm done with this train wreck. 'RPC' has tried to present themselves as completely professional but doesn't understand what being professional really entails.

• Like 1

Yes, on other Atari forum for not working properly on "modern" Ataris (QMEG, storages) and for not having a Polish version, on some indie forums for having slow AI, shitty in-game graphics and wasting time programming for old computers :-)

There is no such thing like bad publicity... ;)

Edited by Irgendwer

software sprite DMA

This sounds more interesting than the CMODE-thing... ;)

What I don't get:

Is there really a need to hype a project from (a) creator(s) with a very 'lean' back catalogue, so that over 350 posts in three threads lead to this?

In order to get attention, announcing IMPORTANT NEW THINGS and DROP SOME MINOR PROGRESS seems to be a much better way than just delivering a solid new game for the machine and let somebody else post a notice... (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/220977-perplexity-new-game-at-fandal/?do=findComment&comment=2908426 - 17 posts)

Find the error:

Member: _Fandal_, Reputation: 38

Member: rpc_games, Reputation: 80

Find the error:

Member: _Fandal_, Reputation: 38

Member: rpc_games, Reputation: 80

Yes, utterly ridiculous....

How did Fandal score that well ;)

Seriously, seasoned Atari hero vs an unknown with no output...Madness...

Beggars the idea that rep is genuinely earned...

• Like 2

Yes, Mathy. It did. Trust me, I was holding back. (My thoughts are far more ascerbic) I have no patience for idiots who corrupt communities in the process of merely seeking attention.

-Thom

Hello Thom

Do you really have to go this far? This is uncalled for.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

Hello Thom

Then why do you still read this topic? Move on. Go read something else. You're getting your blood pressure up and probably that of some other people, for nothing. Either Pete and Steve come up with the game or not. That never cost us anything. That might change, should the game turn into reality. But until that time (if it ever comes), it hasn't cost us a thing. Except for time, grey hairs , blood pressure medication, etc. Sure, you have to read the first few messages of this topic to get an impression of what it (and RPC) is all about, but after that, if you do not like it, you can just move along. Maybe RPC has written a (nice) piece of software, maybe they didn't. And yes, Pete might have blown his own horn to the point that we are now at a level where some of us can't hear it anymore. But you don't have to listen to it. If he's really only seeking attention, and you are getting pissed about it, why do you give him the attention? He's pissing you off, you're pissing him off and in the mean time, all of us "not urinating" are getting wet.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 3

"Software sprite DMA" seems to me a complete non-sequitur.

Either the first word or the last word does not go with the other two. Phrases like this trigger one's BS sensor.

Will someone soon discover that Pokey plays digital analog sound samples? Or how about ANTIC's Display List Blitter?

• Like 4

"Software sprite DMA" seems to me a complete non-sequitur.

You might think of these guys what you want. However, I think this phrase is OK :o

In here everybody knows that "Software sprite" means of simulating the "Hardware sprites" with copying and/or masking the sprite data into the screen memory. And if this data movement is done via DMA it could be called "Software sprites DMA" :)

Literally, the phrase makes no sense, but neither does the term "software sprite" in the first place, as "sprite" is commonly know to be HW-supported.

Note: I have no idea how and what DMA renders the sprites in the Atari.

As much as I disliked the first presentation of "rpc_games" things are getting out of hand here.

It seems that some are forgetting that the rpc_games guys are new to this community. Most of you are here since 10 years or longer ( or however old this site is). Of course the guy could have snooped the forum for a week and try to sense how this community works and THEN post. But, I bet he was overexcited and proud of his work and is indeed seeking for praise and such.

I like the idea of a small team coding games for what ever platform decide to spend two/four weeks of there (paid) working time to make a game for the A8. However, I guess they wont make another one.

• Like 2

Yes, Mathy. It did. Trust me, I was holding back. (My thoughts are far more ascerbic) I have no patience for idiots who corrupt communities in the process of merely seeking attention.

-Thom

IMHO it's more individuals like you with your foul mouthed language that corrupt communities. Seriously... I also frowned when I read some of rpc_games posts, and I also expressed my doubts. But the way you treated them is really below every level of decent communication.

So before you point your finger at rpc_games, take a look in the mirror.

Note: I have no idea how and what DMA renders the sprites in the Atari.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_memory_access

ANTIC uses DMA to read the Display List, screen memory, the character set bitmap, and Player/Missile (aka sprites) data.

"software sprite" usually refers to an animated/moving object drawn on the screen by the CPU.

(Side bar: ANTIC DMA can be disengaged from the Player/Missile graphics and the CPU can be used instead to update Player/Missile data, so somebody may prefer to call this method a "software sprite".)

ANTIC uses DMA to read the Display List, screen memory, the character set bitmap, and Player/Missile (aka sprites) data.

"software sprite" usually refers to an animated/moving object drawn on the screen by the CPU.

(Side bar: ANTIC DMA can be disengaged from the Player/Missile graphics and the CPU can be used instead to update Player/Missile data, so somebody may prefer to call this method a "software sprite".)

We can assume I know what DMA is, additionally, I know pretty well what ANTIC and GTIA do.

What I do not know is how ANTIC DMA can render software sprites. Or at least I never had the idea to name it this way.

And writing to GRAFPx is not what I would call "software sprites".

Hahaha You guys are crazy ! Why can't I say software DMA? When the 6502 fetches data from memory don't you call this direct memory access?

It's not like antic where hardware fetches video data.

What do you call it when the 6502 is executing a command like this LDA (203),Y

Steve

Not being funny Steve but don't you have a game to release, fancy coding word play is nice but its the 8th, how about a game to end all this please...

Its like one of those jokes that takes too long to get to the punch line, lets have a great punch line or stop telling the joke.

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Hi Mclaneinc :) it's not up to me, it's up to the manager to release Centron 3D and he won't until you guys apologise for all the crap you have givin him.

Just send him an email info@rpcgames.com.au say you're sorry and he'll probably release it.

I'm staying out of it now. You want a brand new 8-Bit game then I suggest you do. I've never seen a game on the 8-Bit with graphics like that

and we did work our ass's off to get it finished.

Steve

As I've said, and emailed, I'm sorry if I have been rude or incorrect but not for saying its been a car crash launch (un launched)..

Release and you shine, don't release and people will quite rightly say there's no game..

This holding out tactic is as you can see in here just boring people,

Methinks you are losing sales by the second, no video, no game, no revenue...

Hahaha You guys are crazy ! Why can't I say software DMA? When the 6502 fetches data from memory don't you call this direct memory access?

No.

Direct memory access (DMA) is a feature of computers that allows certain hardware subsystems within the computer to access system memory independently of the central processing unit (CPU).

Antic fetching data directly from RAM is an example of DMA. Sure you can put "software" and "DMA" together if you want, just as you can put the words "fish" and "bananas" alongside one another. It's still BS.

• Like 2

I've never seen a game on the 8-Bit with graphics like that

I still am under the impression that you guys haven't seen a lot of atari games at all. When I think of Rolltris, Thetris, Space Harrier, Callisto, Battle Eagle, Crownland, Ridicilous Reality, Assembloids XE and many many more titles… Indeed they do not use the graphics mode you guys call CMODE72, but they have all outstanding graphics, looking really better than what I have seen on youtube.

Don't understand me wrong please. I really appreciate everybody's work for atari 8bit, and I think it's great that you guys work on this game.

he won't until you guys apologise for all the crap you have givin him.

I still don't understand why you keep talking in general about 'you guys' … I hope you don't mean me with this; I am not going to apology for giving a motivated opinion on a forum.

Greetz

Prowizard.

• Like 3