IGNORED

Halloween and Chainsaw Hack Ideas

TheDeadite73

Greetings forums! This is my first post here, so excuse the bad formatting/writing. :P

So I have an idea for a hack of the Wizard Video Halloween and Chainsaw 2600 games. It seems unfair that only Michael and Leatherface have their own games. Why not give Freddy and Jason theirs, too?

The Halloween hack will, of course, have the same basic gameplay goal: To get the kids to the safe end of the house. Except now the kids are Nancy's friends (they're taller), and you have to get them out of Freddy's boiler room and into the real world (the safe rooms) before he kills you all. The opening song, and the song that plays when Freddy is on screen, will be a 2600 rendition of the "One, Two Freddy's coming for you" jingle from the movies.

The Chainsaw hack will have the same gameplay goal: Kill all the girls on screen. Except you now play as Jason and swing your machete with the tap of the fire button. The farmhouse in the background is now replaced with Camp Crystal Lake cabins, and the girls now wear blue shirts and pants instead of dresses. Instead of fuel, you now have a Blade meter, which goes down as you kill. The chainsaw sound effect will now be gone when you're walking, and will only make a small "bump" sound when you press fire and swing the machete. The title screen won't flicker, it will just be black and say "Friday the 13th".

The problem is, I have absolutely no idea how to hack a 2600 game, no matter how long I've browsed the forums looking for help. Could someone please give me some helpful start-up tips? Or any hacking tips at all. I would love to get these things to become a reality, and if they get done, I will post them on the game pages and put them up for download so everyone can enjoy them. And heck, maybe even get them to cart format on the store?

There's also some art I did showing sprite and background changes, simply re-did the originals in Paint.net.

post-39601-0-41543900-1403627392_thumb.png

post-39601-0-13794700-1403627393_thumb.png

post-39601-0-84877500-1403627393_thumb.png

post-39601-0-70228800-1403627424_thumb.png

• 2 months later...