IGNORED

The Lost Caves of Kroz Order Thread

I filled out the pre-order at Naber Hood Games and put 'Kroz' in my cart. When directed to paypal it shows the item "out of stock". I assume it's a pay when order is filled scenario? Awesome looking game btw! An utterly mind-blowing effort by Elektronite :-o

I'm not set up to record video, but here's a general 'what will happen when you plug it in' overview:

• The very first time, you will be prompted to choose game difficulty level and name your 'game'. There are three save game slots.
  • You start (new game) / resume (after loading a savegame) in the "Crown Room", which has doors in the cardinal directions.
  • The pieces of the crown you've uncovered are colored gold (yellow) and depicted on the large crown in the center of the Crown Room.
  • Behind each of the four doors you see in the Crown Room lies a cave complex leading to eight more rooms.
  • Each of the primary cave complexes culminates in a 'Boss Room'.
  • To unlock a door in one of the cardinal directions, you need to have recovered a key of that color. At the very beginning of a new game, the first key is in the crown room.
  • Aside from the very first key, you get the key to another of the four main caverns by defeating a Boss.
  • Each of the four main sections of the caverns contains two subsections of four rooms.
  • Each of the four rooms in a subsection can be played in any order -- except for the "Boss Room". You have to complete all 7 of the other rooms in one of these areas before you can enter the Boss Room. The Boss room's door has a glyph to identify it.
  • Each room contains a 'shard' of the crown. The mission in each room is to solve the puzzle / challenge of the room to recover the shard hidden therein.

Each room presents unique challenges in terms of the kind of puzzle(s) you need to defeat. Some are pure 'thinker' puzzles, some are more action / speed based. Many will require multiple attempts to solve.

The manual offers a basic (if vague) clue about the nature of the room. In-game, upon entering each room, you'll also get some additional guidance. I'm sure the more industrious players will produce walkthrough videos at some point. :D

Visually, the game isn't substantially different from what you see in those videos. The puzzles range from straightforward to multi-stage headscratchers.

Most players will not finish this game in one sitting. You have three save-game slots on the cartridge. Crucial game state is saved at appropriate times. Note that each puzzle is 'none or done' -- you solve the puzzle, or you don't. Partially complete state for a specific room is not saved.

When you start the game on subsequent sessions, you're prompted to create a new game or load an existing one. When you load an existing game, you'll start in the crown room, but the puzzles you've already solved in that saved game will remain solved. Just walk to the next puzzle you wish to solve.

Once you've gathered the last piece of the crown, victory is yours! You can start a fresh game to try to beat your score, or try a more difficult level.

Hope this helps!

• Like 5

I apologize for the delay.

We made a design change after CGE to make the game more playable. They are all in as far as I know and the final (we hope) release candidate is going to go out for testing by the end of the week.

If the game checks out we will start shipping. The boxes are already made an shipping should conclude very fast.

Tomorrow, I will PM those that have yet to pay with instructions as my website shows 'Out of Stock' and you will not be able to pay there. Paying now will lock in the number that you reserved. After shipping has completed, serial numbers that are left unpaid and have no arrangement will be sold on eBay or my website at my discretion.

I you are not yet reserved, show you interest in this thread or PM me and I will add you to the backorder list. This run can still be extended if enough interest is shown.

Definitely more of a puzzle solving game than an action game although a few screens involved some skill. In a few of the rooms, it was definitely confusing and took a few tries before eventually figuring out the pattern or logic. Had a screen or two that became slightly annoying when it didn't click as to what I was even trying to do! Sometimes, there seemed to be too much on a screen so I felt overwhelmed. Those are the only complaints of an otherwise fun, addicting and challenging game.

Looking forward to the final release of a very immersive game!

Definitely more of a puzzle solving game than an action game although a few screens involved some skill. In a few of the rooms, it was definitely confusing and took a few tries before eventually figuring out the pattern or logic. Had a screen or two that became slightly annoying when it didn't click as to what I was even trying to do! Sometimes, there seemed to be too much on a screen so I felt overwhelmed. Those are the only complaints of an otherwise fun, addicting and challenging game.

Looking forward to the final release of a very immersive game!

Hopefully some of the fine-tuning of the game will offer a bit of direction for some of those more confusing rooms. There are, indeed, several rooms that have a wealth of puzzles to solve, where just knowing the initial step is a great help.

Edited by intvsteve

• 2 weeks later...

I will be notified when all of the testing is complete and the carts are shipped to me. There is still testing going on. I will make announcement then and begin shipping when they arrive here. I will make the announcement in this thread and you can look at the first post for progress of shipping.

• Like 1

From the Elektronite Facebook page posted yesterday:

The Lost Caves of Kroz is going through its final test this weekend. Halfway through with no issues. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be shipping carts to the manufacturer this week and start shipping to customers in about 10 days!