IGNORED

The 7800XM

Curt Vendel

I wish I could "Like" your post more than once.

Can you make it possible to like a post more than once, Al? Agreed. Like x1000, well said RevEng.

The fact that Curt was upset by anyone on this forum is upsetting and unfortunate. Anyone who did that is in the minority on this forum as a whole.

• Like 4

I will post an update later next week once I've had a chance to recover a bit and can sit down and work on my laptop for a bit. I will post up some info, and some photo's I know a few have wanted to see, then we'll take things from there. Yes, I am to fault, I will be the first to admit it and accept it, but the viciousness, and the outirght spiteful, hateful and in some cases, out of line things said about me... they neither help nor are appropriate or right to have said.

This is all I wanted to hear. Thank you for reaching out. Please continue to do so.

Good luck with your surgery.

Curt,

I'm sorry you had to take time today to visit AtariAge and post a message.

Please. Sending a message on an internet forum is not a hardship.

Please. Sending a message on an internet forum is not a hardship.

I think Al and everyone else is trying to be sensitive to his situation and that reaction seems very insensitive to me. In poor health and in pain, doing anything other than laying down in bed can be a hardship.

• Like 7

Dear Curt,

My name is Armon, I've never met you, only know that are the boss hog around these parts, from the years Ive been apart of AA...I could care less about the XM, as im actually still in love w/ my FB2...Get well soon, as I am sure there are alot of people that are sad about your situation..I myself am one as well.

• Like 1

The next post that I need to delete from someone in this thread, will make that person invisible to normal people.

Are you implying that there are normal people on this site?!?

Back on topic: Best wishes, Curt!

• Like 2

I think Al and everyone else is trying to be sensitive to his situation and that reaction seems very insensitive to me. In poor health and in pain, doing anything other than laying down in bed can be a hardship.

This, ABSOLUTELY THIS. I've also had to deal with things that hit the body so hard most would give up. I know first-hand from six years experience how hard it can be. Hell, a few that've bought things from me recently also know from experience how bad physical problems can get. Curt's is one that makes it to where it's no longer wondering if a silly project will get done, but will the man be able to keep living to enjoy what passions drive him in his life? If I'm able to, I'll gladly put some extra cash on the side out to him to help ensure he is taken care of first and foremost.

Hey Curt hope everything went well and that you are back on your feet and having fun again real soon. If only we could fix ourselves as easy as our toys, life would be so much easier.

Edited by TMOSteel
  • Like 1

Let me add to the well wishers Curt, I hope your surgery goes well. I think those of us that aren't losing any sleep at all over this project and know that you will complete this in due time have not been as vocal as those that feel otherwise. Please know that the majority do not share the opinion of the few. Here's to a speedy recovery.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Not for nothing but, it was all the complaining and unfortunate bad-mouthing that prompted Curt to post this thread. I mean... how else are people supposed to get his attention when sending POLITE emails and PM's doesn't seem to do the trick? I'm not condoning the harsh behavior but... why is Curt only responding NOW to the hate, with "Feelings hurt" type responses; and not to general questions and concerns that people have had for the past few months with the XM? All of the negative posts could have been avoided if the communication was better... just my opinion. I agree with what was already said above about needing a liaison of sorts to communicate with people if Curt is unable or unwilling to. I get he has health issues... all the more reason to have a spokesperson for the XM until he makes a reasonable recovery from any surgeries, etc. So many members on here have already said they would gladly volunteer for it.

I said it before in so many words in another thread... When you are essentially providing a product and/or running a business, you can't let customer irateness bring you down, nor should you take it personal. Read between the lines and see it for what it is... people tired of waiting and being left hanging with no info or reassurance, NOT bitter hatred towards the person providing the product.

• Like 5

Not for nothing but, it was all the complaining and unfortunate bad-mouthing that prompted Curt to post this thread. I mean... how else are people supposed to get his attention when sending POLITE emails and PM's doesn't seem to do the trick? I'm not condoning the harsh behavior but... why is Curt only responding NOW to the hate, with "Feelings hurt" type responses; and not to general questions and concerns that people have had for the past few months with the XM? All of the negative posts could have been avoided if the communication was better... just my opinion. I agree with what was already said above about needing a liaison of sorts to communicate with people if Curt is unable or unwilling to. I get he has health issues... all the more reason to have a spokesperson for the XM until he makes a reasonable recovery from any surgeries, etc. So many members on here have already said they would gladly volunteer for it.

I said it before in so many words in another thread... When you are essentially providing a product and/or running a business, you can't let customer irateness bring you down, nor should you take it personal. Read between the lines and see it for what it is... people tired of waiting and being left hanging with no info or reassurance, NOT bitter hatred towards the person providing the product.

I would add...

Most of the folks who are critical of the current XM "communication blackout" should not be misconstrued as haters or troublemakers. We are actually just concerned hobbyists who have invested in this project. We also invested in Curt, as we all believe in his ability to deliver this awesome peripheral to market. Our concerns are only amplified by the continued silence from the XM camp.

I get it…real life gets in the way. Not just sometimes for some people…it happens to all of us. That said, I have heard more over the past 12 months about the previous and current Atari books Curt has been working on. I wish him all of the best with regards to his recovery, but I can't help but ask him…

Curt: If you have the time, energy and ability to plug your new book here on AA (which is good news…you must be starting to feel better), could you please provide an update on the XM? Good, bad or otherwise….all we want is some kind of update. That would be nice. It doesn't seem like it should be too much to ask. Everyone here is more than willing to wait for a final product that is up to the high standards you are striving to achieve. At this point, it is clear that this project has taken far more time than you or anyone ever expected…things happen…no big deal. We all just want to know where things stand. Please chime in and let us know what is new. We all look forward to hearing from you!

• Like 7

Huge supporter of the project and of the homebrew scene in general. Wish nothing but the best and a speedy recovery for you Curt. Like any project that is long term and delayed, people have questions, epically when other things are being promoted. If questions don't get answered, then people then use forums to communicate how they feel. I think there is no such thing as too much communication when it comes to updates about a project. Transparency is a must. The XM topic has been a touchy subject to bring up and ask about. I think that as long as people have some respect, then the questions asked should be treated as such. Will continue to wait for the product to be released.

• Like 3