IGNORED

The 7800XM

Curt Vendel

While I hope all is well, I am also disappointed that "later next week" has come and gone without the promised update.

From all of what I have heard through the grapevine, Curt is doing well and posting regularly on Facebook (though, I don't have an account and have no intentions of ever signing up for one). He is also plugging their new book, so I would have to guess that he is well enough to spend time at the computer typing.

At this point, I think he has just made up his mind that he won't be posting updates here. Call it a matter of righteous indignation on Curt's part or call it whatever you want…all I know is that I am not holding my breath for an update any time soon. :(

• Like 2

I did not preorder the XM (thankfully) and it still annoys me to see the "Business is War" book teaser on the Atariage.com homepage. Curt needs to make good on his promised deliverable before he starts hocking something else.

I don't know how anyone is defending him at this point, health issues or not.

My two cents.

-B

• Like 5

I did not preorder the XM (thankfully) and it still annoys me to see the "Business is War" book teaser on the Atariage.com homepage. Curt needs to make good on his promised deliverable before he starts hocking something else.

My two cents.

-B

youtube.com/watch?v=pHL9LrPXu64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHL9LrPXu64

• Like 1

Update? LOL. You were expecting an update? Ha Ha Ha. (it would seem) the only time he posts on here is when there is an onslaught of people complaining about the lack of communication on his part, and when his feelings get hurt by the insults.

• Like 3

FWIW, I think Marty got the book done, hence why it's for sale.

Everyone is aware of that...I think the main sticking point is the fact that Curt posted a lengthy piece on AA a couple of weeks ago about the book. His post outlined, in lengthy detail, a synopsis of the book, bio's on the authors, publisher info, editor's info, contact info, cover art, etc… Considering he had the time and energy to do that, is it so difficult to drop the XM investors a line and tell us what is going on?

Another sticking point is that the XM project seems to have taken a back seat to not one, but now two book projects…and there is a third on the horizon. It would be nice to know if the XM is even still being worked on at this point. I am not speculating that it is or isn't being worked on, but I have no information to tell me what the status is either way. As I have said before…over and over again…an update would be nice.

• Like 2

Which just spells another example on where the problem lies: bad communication.

Saying you will post an update on day X, then not doing it, but advertising another product making people believe you just prefer to spend your time differently.

Don't get me wrong, it is very possible that it wasn't Curt who promoted the release of the book just now. Just saying it's another case where some better communication could have helped avoid confusion.

Curt's surgery must have been pretty heavy I imagine, heart surgery is no small deal. I look at his Facebook profile and he hasn't posted a thing there either since May 20th. Unless he has a different secondary profile I am missing. So I don't think he is having a great time doing stuff he prefers to do from posting here, but he actually is recovering from a serious surgery still.

My two cents.

-B

Then STFU troll!

That's a bit harsh, don't you think? I did pre-order one, and couldn't agree with Brian's sentiment more. What did he say that was wrong? Regardless of if he pre-ordered one or not, he has a valid point. Think of it this way…perhaps, he was one of the people who had some foresight, and decided to wait and buy one after it actually was released? (which happens to be the case here, as I know Brian very well…he lives only 3 minutes from my house) So, if he has (or at least, had) interest in buying one of these, shouldn't he be able to voice his opinion in a public forum?

Again, with no regular updates and no communication, people are going to get irritated…especially when yet another one of their projects is produced and released before the XM. IMHO, if you have enough time to write, edit and publish two lengthy books, and plan for a third (not to mention the upcoming release of a revised second edition for the first book), then you should have enough time to update people who already paid for one of your other projects. Those updates would also be beneficial to the people who did not pre-order the XM…they are waiting for them too.

• Like 4

That's a bit harsh, don't you think? I did pre-order one, and couldn't agree with Brian's sentiment more. What did he say that was wrong? Regardless of if he pre-ordered one or not, he has a valid point. Think of it this way…perhaps, he was one of the people who had some foresight, and decided to wait and buy one after it actually was released? (which happens to be the case here, as I know Brian very well…he lives only 3 minutes from my house) So, if he has (or at least, had) interest in buying one of these, shouldn't he be able to voice his opinion in a public forum?

Again, with no regular updates and no communication, people are going to get irritated…especially when yet another one of their projects is produced and released before the XM. IMHO, if you have enough time to write, edit and publish two lengthy books, and plan for a third (not to mention the upcoming release of a revised second edition for the first book), then you should have enough time to update people who already paid for one of your other projects. Those updates would also be beneficial to the people who did not pre-order the XM…they are waiting for them too.

You just don't get it, do you? If you want people to think you're sexy, you have to be all mysterious and full of secrets. If you blab everything you know in a timely manner, you're no longer attractive. Secrets = sexy. Just let him be sexy!

• Like 1

Harsh but true. He has every right to state his opinion just as I have every right to suggest he is a troll stiring the pot. It doesn't help that you feed the trolls. You comments are completely valid and you have every right to make them. But how many times do you have to say the same things over and over again? It's just attracting the trolls and will ultimately lead to a meltdown of the thread and lock.

It's a good thing that someone come into the thread every once in a while to remind Curt that we are still waiting for an update. But dozens of followup complaints are totally un-needed and counter productive.

edit: Let's not forget the smart asses like RT. While the comic relief can be good, it also tends to feed the trolls.

• Like 3

You just don't get it, do you? If you want people to think you're sexy, you have to be all mysterious and full of secrets. If you blab everything you know in a timely manner, you're no longer attractive. Secrets = sexy. Just let him be sexy!

post-29022-0-57543300-1405826615_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Harsh but true. He has every right to state his opinion just as I have every right to suggest he is a troll stiring the pot. It doesn't help that you feed the trolls. You comments are completely valid and you have every right to make them. But how many times to you have to say the same things over and over again? It's just attracting the trolls and will ultimately lead to a meltdown of the thread and lock.

It's a good thing that someone come into the thread every once in a while to remind Curt that we are still waiting for an update. But dozens of followup complaints are totally un-needed and counter productive.

Be sure to write that in your diary tonight.

• Like 1

Harsh but true. He has every right to state his opinion just as I have every right to suggest he is a troll stiring the pot. It doesn't help that you feed the trolls. You comments are completely valid and you have every right to make them. But how many times to you have to say the same things over and over again? It's just attracting the trolls and will ultimately lead to a meltdown of the thread and lock.

No…counter productive is:

• promising delivery dates to your customers and then blowing past them without even so much as an explanation.
  • working on other projects, when you know you are 3 years late to deliver on something people already paid for.
  • not letting your customers know what is going on from time to time

My comments are not counter productive…quite the contrary. My comments are actually a byproduct of all of the counter productive business practices listed above. But as they say…buy the ticket…take the ride. Truthfully, if Curt wants people to wait patiently for the XM for as long as this is taking, he needs to chime in once and a while to let us know what the hell is going on. If he doesn't want to do that, then he should expect people to get antsy…especially when we all know he has been spending his time working on other projects.

I have pre-ordered a ton of homebrew projects from countless other people…including you. In every other case, the updates were about as regular as should be expected…even when there were unexpected delays. Shit happens…no one is saying it doesn't. It just needs to be addressed…especially when you have already accepted payment on pre-orders.

• Like 4

No…counter productive is:

• promising delivery dates to your customers and then blowing past them without even so much as an explanation.
  • working on other projects, when you know you are 3 years late to deliver on something people already paid for.
  • not letting your customers know what is going on from time to time
My comments are not counter productive…quite the contrary. My comments are actually a byproduct of all of the counter productive business practices listed above. But as they say…buy the ticket…take the ride. Truthfully, if Curt wants people to wait patiently for the XM for as long as this is taking, he needs to chime in once and a while to let us know what the hell is going on. If he doesn't want to do that, then he should expect people to get antsy…especially when we all know he has been spending his time working on other projects.

I have pre-ordered a ton of homebrew projects from countless other people…including you. In every other case, the updates were about as regular as should be expected…even when there were unexpected delays. Shit happens…no one is saying it doesn't. It just needs to be addressed…especially when you have already accepted payment on pre-orders.

Your a broken record dude. But I do get what your saying.
  • Like 1