IGNORED

Lynx Multi Cart

SainT

Is this a declare list topic? I didnt think it was but if so obviously one and if they can handle comlynx then two please.

I don't believe it is. He initially wondered whether people would buy, but it's clear they will, and I have a feeling he was going to do it regardless!

Lol, yes, it was useful initially to gauge how many people were interested, but that's more than enough for me now. I'm actively looking into the design and think I have how I am going to handle it sussed. I'll keep on posting musings and updates as and when.

Oh and as far as comlynx goes, that's down to the game. This is basically an SRAM cartridge, so does not use the comlynx port.

Edited by SainT

Lol, yes, it was useful initially to gauge how many people were interested, but that's more than enough for me now. I'm actively looking into the design and think I have how I am going to handle it sussed. I'll keep on posting musings and updates as and when.

Oh and as far as comlynx goes, that's down to the game. This is basically an SRAM cartridge, so does not use the comlynx port.

thx for confirming on the comlynx SainT. What country are you based in? interested to know how far these bad boys will travel once done.

thx for confirming on the comlynx SainT. What country are you based in? interested to know how far these bad boys will travel once done.

I'm in the UK, but I've shipped my Enterprise RAM expansions all around Europe. The need for retro hardware is certainly all over the globe... :)

On 6/29/2014 at 9:55 PM, Guitari said:

Great. Cheap postage for me then! How's about flip screen? Remains unaffected?

Lol, it's a cartridge. If you play a game on an actual Lynx cartridge or something pretending to be one, exactly the same thing will happen.

This will not turn your Lynx white or improve the LCD contrast or give your Lynx superpowers. It will however run Lynx cartridges from memory card.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 2

Lol, it's a cartridge. If you play a game on an actual Lynx cartridge or something pretending to be one, exactly the same thing will happen.

This will not turn your Lynx white or improve the LCD contrast or give your Lynx superpowers. It will however run Lynx cartridges from and SD card.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that inserting something into the lynx that the lynx wasn't designed for may have an adverse affect on some other part of the system.*

Shame, I was kinda pinning my hopes on a white lynx... stranger things have happened like a dental surgery in California turning the Jaguar white and drilling peoples' teeth with it.

I am (in reality) pinning my hopes on this project becoming something tangible that I can hold in my hand this year! Now get back to work :)

* Obviously flip will still work - this is really my way of testing out your seriousness as a 19-poster with no avatar.

• Like 2

Batteries will be ok, but may drain at a horrendous rate due to the massive power draw of the cartridge.

(Joke)

On a more serious note I started looking at the PIC code last night -- been a while since I've played with PIC's! But I got the MMC / FAT code (the awesome Petit FAT) compiling for a PIC chip I had kicking about and will see if I can hook it all up on a breadboard tonight.

I'll get all the code written before starting on the hardware side as this makes it very easy to pick the PIC chip for the job as you know your code and memory footprint, plus the hardware is very simple.

Compatibility wise I'm concentrating on the commercial cartridges as I know some homebrew carts are still in production. If this cart wont run those games, I can't say I will be too bothered as I'm keen to keep the community spirit going and not undermine anyone's efforts on this front.

Batteries will be ok, but may drain at a horrendous rate due to the massive power draw of the cartridge.

(Joke)

Seriously though some flash carts actually have had power issues. The SD2SNES glitches on certain early SNES's for that reason. That said, I haven't used batteries in a Lynx in 20-something years!