IGNORED

Lynx Multi Cart

SainT

Not really given it much thought... it'll either be based on the order people have shown interest in this thread (it wasnt intended as a preorder list, but it has been used that way), or just first come first served.

Since this wasn't a pre-order thread, I never declared interest but I'm interested in two.

Robert

To be fair, thread started out as a "who's interested" thread. I'm not sure I registered, but here I am, doing that now.

I am guessing the hard part is the production? Anything we can do as a collective to ease that? Money/time/skills/investigate a small production run etc etc?

I will need to outsource production eventually. My plan really is to do a few batches myself to make sure everything is working perfectly (I don't see why it shouldn't, its working fine for me, but I prefer to err on the side of caution) and also to give me a little working capital to look at outsourcing production.

The other option is to ask for downpayment etc on preorder units and use that for production, but I really dont want to get into the situation where if anything went tits up for any reason I was left owing people money or goods, etc. As I just do this for fun and to educate myself really, so it has to be something I enjoy doing. :)

As the whole production outsourcing is new to me, anyone with existing experience in this who could share their experiences of fab houses etc (I've looked at TinySine and Seeed for production, both having different merits) would be very useful for me. Like do people tend to provide their own test rigs to fab houses? Or just test when they get the units back? I always like to try and figure out all the unknowns before I do anything... and even more so when it'll cost you a few grand.

Once I'm used to all this stuff then things will be a lot quicker and smoother. And I've got plenty of things I want to do... :)

• Like 1

Any interest in licensing the production/sales to someone like Krikzz, which is what ikari_01 did for the SD2SNES?

Yep, potentially. As I said elsewhere, at some point or other, it's designing this stuff and getting it working I enjoy. Building and selling is a bit dull... but its a bit pointless designing the stuff unless you can get it out there to people. So I have a feeling some collaboration with someone will happen...